mdcTopic starter

Randy Jackson Goes Nuts Over Michael's Album
November 17, 2010, 10:46:17 PM

14 minutes ago by TMZ Staff  

Randy Jackson went on a tear on Twitter Wednesday night, swearing some of the songs on Sony's upcoming Michael Jackson album are fake.

Jackson tweeted, "Some of the songs are him, and some aren't.  I would be [sic] my life on that ... I know this may seem harsh, but this is the truth, as I know it..."

Pretty much every expert who has analyzed the tracks says the voice is MJ's, but Randy is undeterred.

And he gets conspiratorial:  "But what's worse then [sic] harsh is that my brother isn't here, and ll these people are more concerned about making money off his death...They could care less about why and how he died, or maybe they already know."

Randy also claims co-executor John McClain "didn't care about the quality or how complete the vocals were."
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ejay

Re: Randy Jackson Goes Nuts Over Michael's Album
November 17, 2010, 10:50:01 PM
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 10:55:19 PM
Actually I think this is a different topic since it is posting the link to what TMZ has to say about this.  I think it is rather interesting that TMZ posted about Randy's tweets so soon after Randy finished tweeting.  TMZ is definitely hanging all over the Michael saga!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

November 17, 2010, 10:56:13 PM
Quote from: "mdc"
14 minutes ago by TMZ Staff  

Randy Jackson went on a tear on Twitter Wednesday night, swearing some of the songs on Sony's upcoming Michael Jackson album are fake.

Jackson tweeted, "Some of the songs are him, and some aren't.  I would be [sic] my life on that ... I know this may seem harsh, but this is the truth, as I know it..."

Pretty much every expert who has analyzed the tracks says the voice is MJ's, but Randy is undeterred.

And he gets conspiratorial:  "But what's worse then [sic] harsh is that my brother isn't here, and ll these people are more concerned about making money off his death...They could care less about why and how he died, or maybe they already know."

Randy also claims co-executor John McClain "didn't care about the quality or how complete the vocals were."

TMZ sure posted this article fast. Had Randy even finished twitter yet?  :lol:

And The picture is ....BREAKING NEWS! (fakin the news?) ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

November 17, 2010, 11:17:59 PM
"Randy Jackson went on a tear[/color] on Twitter Wednesday night"

"tear" is not being used properly, it is a grammatical error.
If they mean he was ranting on twitter, the word would be "tearing"

Tear
a : to move or act with violence, haste, or force <went tearing down the street>

So what else does "tear" mean.

Tear
1: a : to separate parts of or pull apart by force : rend
b : to wound by or as if by pulling apart by force : lacerate <tear the skin>

2: to divide or disrupt by the pull of contrary forces <a mind torn with doubts>

3: a : to remove by force : wrench —often used with off <tear a cover off a box>
b : to remove as if by wrenching <tear your thoughts away from the scene>

4: to make (a hole or opening) by or as if by pulling apart by force <tear a hole in the wall>  

So the major idea when "tear" is used as verb means, to rip apart, divide, separate...
It brings to mind the whole controversy in regards to the new album and how the fan base is divided.
Is this indicating Randy's role?
Is this controversy to test the unity of the fans, will they be there to support Michael when he decides to return, no matter the influences?

The urban dictionary definitions don't seem to fit either:

On a tear
1. On a streak or series, usually a winning streak. Will sometimes be used (semi-sarcastically) to define a losing streak. When used for a positive streak, it's similar to "tear it up."

2. A string of behaviour that is compulsive and deviant. The behaviour is typically of an "adult" nature such as drinking, screwing, swearing.

3. To have recently engaged in many sexual acts, with many different people.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

November 17, 2010, 11:32:16 PM
If Randy is so sure that this is not Michael singing theses songs, why hasn't he hired an independent  forensic audiologist to analyze the material?
Now would be the time, before the album is released. If they received confirmation that it wasn't Michael, they would have grounds to stop the album from being released with these songs on it. This would force Sony and the Estate to remove those songs and replace them with confirmed Michael tracks. Or is this really Michael singing these songs after all?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

November 18, 2010, 01:44:28 AM
I was sure TMZ would report it soon. But I was waiting to a little opinion too, not just reporting it.

And "to go on a tear" is used correctly, it means something like "he burst on twitter" as far as I know.
Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:48:48 AM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tarja

November 18, 2010, 01:48:42 AM
Harvey,  can you give us a little opinion about Randy's twitts, please?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]I won\'t be using this account/ID name anymore. My name is Yulia, for who wants to know. Souza, you can delete this account if you want to.I\'m not using it anymore.[/size]

November 18, 2010, 01:56:45 AM
Randy cracks me up.  He always tweets "dual meaning" tweets.... ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Serenitys_Dream

November 18, 2010, 02:00:43 AM
Quote from: "_Anna_"
I was sure TMZ would report it soon. But I was waiting to a little opinion too, not just reporting it.

And "to go on a tear" is used correctly, it means something like "he burst on twitter" as far as I know.
I never heard of that phrase before so I looked it up and no where have I found the definition for this phrase that you are stating. I posted the urban dictionaries definitions and it doesn't mean that at all, nor does a traditional dictionary define it as such.  Every site I have read says that the phrase means "a winning streak" and originated in sports, specifically with sportscasters.
Can you link something that shows that this phrase means what you have stated in your post please.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

November 18, 2010, 02:39:16 AM
I've heard the expression, "So and so was tearing up the place." I take to mean the person was making a scene or drawing attention to themselves. IDK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

November 18, 2010, 02:58:07 AM
Quote from: "MJonmind"
I've heard the expression, "So and so was tearing up the place." I take to mean the person was making a scene or drawing attention to themselves. IDK

I originally put in my first post that the word "tear" was used incorrectly and if they were talking about a rant on twitter it should have been tearing and not "tear". So I then looked up the phrase "on a tear" and posted the definitions for that. The most common meaning of "on a tear" is on a "winning streak" or something is going up in value like a stock but as I said it originated in sports to describe someone or a team on a winning streak.

I feel that often times the clues in the TMZ articles have do with using words, phrases and idioms used incorrectly in the articles. These errors are: grammatically incorrect, wrong form of a word (as in spelling so the word means something else) or a phrase or idiom that doesn't fit the story being reported in the article. This is not the first time this has happened either. For instance, there have been several articles in which the word postmortem was used when the appropriate word would have been posthumously or something like that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

November 18, 2010, 03:06:31 AM
"on a tear Slang showing a sudden burst of energy"

I don't understand why this would be the main idea to focus on this article. People lose themselves too much in details that mean nothing. I myself want to know wether Randy or the family has any rights to sue SONY for fraud. Do they have the right? Or not?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

November 18, 2010, 03:07:49 AM
Quote from: "_Anna_"
"on a tear Slang showing a sudden burst of energy"

I don't understand why this would be the main idea to focus on this article. People lose themselves too much in details that mean nothing. I myself want to know wether Randy or the family has any rights to sue SONY for fraud. Do they have the right? Or not?
Actually I posted this in thread also.

Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
If Randy is so sure that this is not Michael singing theses songs, why hasn't he hired an independent  forensic audiologist to analyze the material?
Now would be the time, before the album is released. If they received confirmation that it wasn't Michael, they would have grounds to stop the album from being released with these songs on it. This would force Sony and the Estate to remove those songs and replace them with confirmed Michael tracks. Or is this really Michael singing these songs after all?

But that isn't the comment you chose to quote or comment on. So if this isn't what you wanted to discuss, why quote that post and comment on it thus making it the focus in the first place?
And what you may feel is trivial, others may not. It seems the clues have been in the finer details in all of this. I say ignore what you don't believe or doesn't matter to you and investigate and answer your own questions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

November 18, 2010, 03:17:23 AM
So back to the main message, doesn't "going nuts" imply going crazy. So TMZ is saying that Randy's a little cuckoo, and out of his mind. Meaning the songs are going to be all Michael. I'm hoping! 8-) Sort of a negative on a negative, makes a positive. :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions