This is odd:
*PLEASE ALSO NOTE: All kids must have valid work permits.
I thought the U.S. has child labor laws prohibiting child labor?  :?  :?:
I guess the above note could simply mean that they can't be illegal immigrants...
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sprint911

MJ 'Hold My Hand' Video - Starring No-Handed Person

11/17/2010 12:20 AM PST by TMZ Staff  

It's the most bizarre casting call we've ever seen -- the people behind Michael Jackson's new music video for "Hold My Hand" are in the market for some incredibly ironic talent ... a person with no hands.

The listing was posted yesterday on an LA casting network -- billed as a "low budget" project -- and among the available roles ... 10 dancers, several real-life couples, a mother and child for a baptism ... and "a disabled person with no hands."

The director Mark Pellington tells TMZ, "The video is a spiritual collage of MJ's legacy told through a visual mosaic exploring the themes of life" -- but based on the name of the song, we can only guess why they'd need someone without the requisite appendages.

We're told they shot Akon's part Monday night -- and according to sources close to the production, a green screen came in mighty handy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
"It's the most bizarre casting call we've ever seen ...."

just like what's happening with the hoax and the video for One more chance - Michael on the place of the audience and the audience on the scene.

Funny how TMZ talks about casting just when we are talking about One more chance video, where REAL people go on the scene.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

hmm wonder if they already have some of the players just like with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

paula-c

It's the most bizarre casting call we've ever seen -- the people behind Michael Jackson's new music video for "Hold My Hand" are in the market for some incredibly ironic talent ... a person with no hands.

The listing was posted yesterday on an LA casting network -- billed as a "low budget" project -- and among the available roles ... 10 dancers, several real-life couples, a mother and child for a baptism ... and "a disabled person with no hands."

The director Mark Pellington tells TMZ, "The video is a spiritual collage of MJ's legacy told through a visual mosaic exploring the themes of life" -- but based on the name of the song, we can only guess why they'd need someone without the requisite appendages.

"I believe that God is our father and we are in the hands of God. / we know that God has no hands, but we are in the hands of God. / just appear paradoxical and miserioso of our hope. /... I am aware of the silence of God, the impotence of God against the oppression of the poor and the pain of the innocent. / I believe, however, that we are in the hands of God, / who love surrounds us, / is in us and with us. / I believe in Jesus, the son of God who gave his life for being faithful to the announcement of the Kingdom of God, by advocating for the liberation of the poor and oppressed by opposing selfishness, injustice and the explotación… "."

Perhaps a metaphor of man without hands, .. this is the new Michael Jackson with new songs full of messages, so Jermaine said the June 25, 2009, "has died the King of Pop." I want to see this video. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "truthprevails"
This is odd:
I guess the above note could simply mean that they can't be illegal immigrants...

No not necessarily. I did modeling when I was a kid and you have to have a work permit to work. It's common in the entertainment industry. The child labor laws mean that kids can't work for more than a couple hours at a time. Whenever I did jobs, I spent more time waiting around than actually shooting. I can't remember exactly, but I think the laws include a tutor being on set too.

Also, if you want to get a job before you're 16 (usually the minimum age most places will hire), you can get a work permit to work in restaurants and retail.

The laws are in place to limit the hours of work, kind of work, to provide educational opportunity (I think) and for the government to take a percentage out of your paycheck for a trust that you get when you're 18 (parents like mac's were taking money from their kids' work)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

Quote from: "mjfansince4"
This is odd:

No not necessarily. I did modeling when I was a kid and you have to have a work permit to work. It's common in the entertainment industry. The child labor laws mean that kids can't work for more than a couple hours at a time. Whenever I did jobs, I spent more time waiting around than actually shooting. I can't remember exactly, but I think the laws include a tutor being on set too.

Also, if you want to get a job before you're 16 (usually the minimum age most places will hire), you can get a work permit to work in restaurants and retail.

The laws are in place to limit the hours of work, kind of work, to provide educational opportunity (I think) and for the government to take a percentage out of your paycheck for a trust that you get when you're 18 (parents like mac's were taking money from their kids' work)

Right - that is why oftentimes you'll see doubles or twins play the part for a child. I found it interesting that they would prefer Michael Jackson fans and ethnicity doesn't matter. They also want real people. It looks like Michael is really reaching out and including his real fans for this. Awesome. I wonder if he'll be in the film at all...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Just another example of how misleading the media can be.  When I first saw the title of this article, I envisioned the video centering around someone who doesn't have hands.  Instead, it just looks like there will be someone without hands in the video, along with all of the other people listed.  Unfortunately, the "catchier" the title, the more people will read the article and comment on it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I like that he's having "real people" in the music video. I also noticed that he's hiring a lot of toddlers and children who are inspired by him. I don't remember ever seeing that in a casting call. He must be behind it! That seems like something only Michael would think of...this casting call seems to be very in-depth. They are very particular with who they want to be in the music video.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
June 25, 2009 - The Day I Woke Up

MissG

Quote from: "mdc"
MJ 'Hold My Hand' Video - Starring No-Handed Person

What?

taking some more air
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

MissG

I can´t stop
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

everlastinglove_MJ

Quote from: "lovemj4everandever"
This is the official published casting call notice

CASTING FOR #HOLDMYHAND MUSIC VIDEO INFO:

Monday, Nov. 15, 2010, 9:47 PM Pacific
MICHAEL JACKSON - "HOLD MY HAND"
Music Video
NON-UNION

Casting Director: Michael Sanford Irma Vi - Casting Assoc.
Vicky Vi - Casting Asst.
Alisha M - Casting Intern
Interview Dates: Wed.Nov. 17th & Thurs. Nov. 18th
Callback Dates: NA - job will book from tape
Shoot/Start Date: Sat. 11/20. Sun. 11/21, Mon. 11/22 - Talent will work 1 or more days.
Pay Rate: $400.00+10% for Dancers. $100.00+10% Talent/ Real People

SUBMIT ELECTRONICALLY

Special Notes: We're helping Mark Pellington on this very cool upcoming Michael Jackson Video. It is for the song, 'Hold My Hand', being released today and will feature archive footage + special effects + people from all walks of life to celebrate Michael Jackson's legacy. It' really for fans and/or people who want to be a part of this project and/or who want to work with Mark Pellington. We're open to all types - actors, dancers, non actors, real people, family members of talent, friends, etc. but again are very interested in those who are Michael Jackson fans. Please be sure to make all notes where necessary especially when we're looking for very specific categories.Alt email address to send pictures / info for real people:

[ 10 HERO DANCERS ]
Principal / Male or Female /All Etninities / 10 professional dancers (not in dancers alliance) ages 15-25.
[ YOUNG CANCER SURVIVOR W/ REAL FAMILY ]
Principal / Female / 20 - 35 /All Ethnicities/ Looking for a young female cancer survivor and her relatives.

[ PRIEST ]
Principal / Male / 25 - 50/ All Ethnicites.

[ YOUNG HERO DANCER ]
Principal / Male / 5 - 9 /African American, Ethnically Ambiguous, Hispanic / A great little dancer a la Michael Jackson. Someone who's not in the dancers alliance and someone who's really inspired by and can move like Michael Jackson.

[ 10 ELEMENTARY SCHOOL KIDS ]
Principal / Male or Female / 5 - 6 / All Ethnicities

[ TEACHER ]
Principal / Female / 25 - 45 / All Ethnicites /Someone who is a real teacher. s.

[ DISABLED PERSON ]
Principal / Male or Female / 25 - 99 / All Ethnicities / Seeking a disabled person with no hands.

[ OLDER REAL COUPLES ]
[late 20's - 40's] - /Principal / Male and Female / Actual couples - late 20's - 40's. All Ethnicities.

[ YOUNG REAL COUPLES ]
[late teens - mid 20's ] Principal / Male or Female. All Ethnicites.

[ HEADPHONE DAD AND SON ]
Principal / Male / All Ethnicities/ A Father (20's-40's) and his real 2 Yr. old Son walking down the street wearing headphones. Please include child's actual age.

[ STREET MAN ]
Principal / Male / 40 - 49 / All Ethnicities.

[ PIANO TEACHER ]
Principal / Female / 30 - 45 / Looking for a real piano teacher.

[ LONER WOMAN ]
Principal / Female / 27 - 32 / African American, Ethnically Ambiguous, Hispanic ethnicities.

[ BAPTISM MOTHER & CHILD ]
Principal. A Mom in her early 20's and her little baby (male or female) being baptized. Again please include real mothers and kids. ALL KIDS MUST HAVE VALID WORK PERMITS

[ CAR ACCIDENT BOY ]
Principal / Male / 17 - 22 / African American, Ethnically Ambiguous, Hispanic

[ 6 SLUMBER GIRLS ]
Principal / Female / 11 - 13 /Principal / Female Caucasian

[ BOY HIDING IN CLOSET ]
Principal / Male / 8 - 9 / African American

[ ALONE BOY/GIRL ]
Principal / Male or Female / 12/ All Ethnicities. Need kids who can really cry on cue.

[ REAL FAMILY ]
A real family - Dad, Mom (20'a-40's) with real kids around 4-6 yrs. old. Please include actual ages of kids and picture of entire family.

[ ELDERLY COUPLE ]
male and female, an actual elderly couple. Ideally in their 70's or 80's and folks who can move well.
All Ethnicities.

[ 2 YR. OLD AND ACTUAL MOTHER ]
Looking for 2 yr old baby and actual mother. All Ethnicities

This is Michael's genius for sure!  But the TMZ article just cracks me up...   :lol:

:P
Wish I could be there..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Quote from: "mjfansince4"
This is odd:

Thanks for explaining, mjfansince4!  It makes sense.  

I'm thinking of going to audition for the LONER WOMAN... or else disguise myself as a MALE PRIEST. :lol:  There aren't many roles there I could fill.

I find this casting call lovely - not bizarre at all.

As someone else said, this:
[ BOY HIDING IN CLOSET ]

reminds me of this MJ drawing:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

airieslady

TMZ... is funny!  But as I read the casting call list, I think this will be an incredibly dramatic video which will reach to all kinds of people around the world and will capture all of our senses... Michael knows what he is doing... excuse me,  genius at work!  I already L.O.V.E. it ... I Can Feel It!   8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Is it scary for you baby... The evil in truth...Let the performance begin... BAM!

Quote from: "lovemj4everandever"
This is the official published casting call notice

CASTING FOR #HOLDMYHAND MUSIC VIDEO INFO:

Monday, Nov. 15, 2010, 9:47 PM Pacific
MICHAEL JACKSON - "HOLD MY HAND"
Music Video
NON-UNION

Casting Director: Michael Sanford Irma Vi - Casting Assoc.
Vicky Vi - Casting Asst.
Alisha M - Casting Intern
Interview Dates: Wed.Nov. 17th & Thurs. Nov. 18th
Callback Dates: NA - job will book from tape
Shoot/Start Date: Sat. 11/20. Sun. 11/21, Mon. 11/22 - Talent will work 1 or more days.
Pay Rate: $400.00+10% for Dancers. $100.00+10% Talent/ Real People

SUBMIT ELECTRONICALLY

Special Notes: We're helping Mark Pellington on this very cool upcoming Michael Jackson Video. It is for the song, 'Hold My Hand', being released today and will feature archive footage + special effects + people from all walks of life to celebrate Michael Jackson's legacy. It' really for fans and/or people who want to be a part of this project and/or who want to work with Mark Pellington. We're open to all types - actors, dancers, non actors, real people, family members of talent, friends, etc. but again are very interested in those who are Michael Jackson fans. Please be sure to make all notes where necessary especially when we're looking for very specific categories.Alt email address to send pictures / info for real people:

[ 10 HERO DANCERS ]
Principal / Male or Female /All Etninities / 10 professional dancers (not in dancers alliance) ages 15-25.
[ YOUNG CANCER SURVIVOR W/ REAL FAMILY ]
Principal / Female / 20 - 35 /All Ethnicities/ Looking for a young female cancer survivor and her relatives.

[ PRIEST ]
Principal / Male / 25 - 50/ All Ethnicites.

[ YOUNG HERO DANCER ]
Principal / Male / 5 - 9 /African American, Ethnically Ambiguous, Hispanic / A great little dancer a la Michael Jackson. Someone who's not in the dancers alliance and someone who's really inspired by and can move like Michael Jackson.

[ 10 ELEMENTARY SCHOOL KIDS ]
Principal / Male or Female / 5 - 6 / All Ethnicities

[ TEACHER ]
Principal / Female / 25 - 45 / All Ethnicites /Someone who is a real teacher. s.

[ DISABLED PERSON ]
Principal / Male or Female / 25 - 99 / All Ethnicities / Seeking a disabled person with no hands.

[ OLDER REAL COUPLES ]
[late 20's - 40's] - /Principal / Male and Female / Actual couples - late 20's - 40's. All Ethnicities.

[ YOUNG REAL COUPLES ]
[late teens - mid 20's ] Principal / Male or Female. All Ethnicites.

[ HEADPHONE DAD AND SON ]
Principal / Male / All Ethnicities/ A Father (20's-40's) and his real 2 Yr. old Son walking down the street wearing headphones. Please include child's actual age.

[ STREET MAN ]
Principal / Male / 40 - 49 / All Ethnicities.

[ PIANO TEACHER ]
Principal / Female / 30 - 45 / Looking for a real piano teacher.

[ LONER WOMAN ]
Principal / Female / 27 - 32 / African American, Ethnically Ambiguous, Hispanic ethnicities.

[ BAPTISM MOTHER & CHILD ]
Principal. A Mom in her early 20's and her little baby (male or female) being baptized. Again please include real mothers and kids. ALL KIDS MUST HAVE VALID WORK PERMITS

[ CAR ACCIDENT BOY ]
Principal / Male / 17 - 22 / African American, Ethnically Ambiguous, Hispanic

[ 6 SLUMBER GIRLS ]
Principal / Female / 11 - 13 /Principal / Female Caucasian

[ BOY HIDING IN CLOSET ]

[ ALONE BOY/GIRL ]
Principal / Male or Female / 12/ All Ethnicities. Need kids who can really cry on cue.

[ REAL FAMILY ]
A real family - Dad, Mom (20'a-40's) with real kids around 4-6 yrs. old. Please include actual ages of kids and picture of entire family.

[ ELDERLY COUPLE ]
male and female, an actual elderly couple. Ideally in their 70's or 80's and folks who can move well.
All Ethnicities.

[ 2 YR. OLD AND ACTUAL MOTHER ]
Looking for 2 yr old baby and actual mother. All Ethnicities

This is Michael's genius for sure!  But the TMZ article just cracks me up...   :lol:

i agree , michael's behind this, im really excited for the video, anyone know when it should be completed around?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions