Re: Is HMH not quite as it seems?
November 17, 2010, 08:24:54 PM
Sorry guys, I didn't read all the posts, just the first page.

I also think that the woman on the cover could look more womanly, but if they make an hourglass figure for her, the letter M wouldn't be that obvious...

And I also think it can be good that we cannot really decide whether it's a woman on the right or not, because IMO the main thing is that people are holding each other's hands. Any people. It symbolises that if we are connected, together we can reach much more.

I posted my opinion of this song (and this cover photo) in the other thread, but I post it here too, as it fits here:
(Basically I wrote about the hands forming a human heart).

The heart as a symbol would just fit for me to this song. When I hear this song I think of Michael's "I Have This Dream" - when he encourages people to hold each other's hands.

"I would like all of you now to take the hand of the person to the left and to the right of you. Go ahead. Right now, I mean it. Don't be shy. Do it, because it starts now. ... Now tell the person next to you that you care for them, tell them that you LOVE them. Tell them that you LOVE them! This is what makes the difference. Together we can make a change to the world, together we can help to stop racism, together we can help to stop prejudice, we can help the world live without fear, it is our only hope. Without hope we are lost. Thank you all!"

HEART symbolises LOVE, this is why I think it's possible that the form of the hands shows a heart for us, telling that LOVE is the most important thing.

You can listen to Michael's speech here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... _the_world

(I cannot copy-paste videos here - it doesn't work with my computer. Sorry.)

From HMH:
We're Better off being together (hold my hand)
Than being miserable alone (hold my hand)

together we can be alright

Do you guys see the similarities?
I know it's basically a love song, but artists used to create music (etc.) which can be understood differently - for being perfect for everyone's feelings. We can hear from the song which we want, we can connect them with our own lifes. So maybe this song was also written with that goal: to be able to reach everyone's feelings. But the main message to me is: together, by holding our hands (like people used to do in Catholic churches for example) and loving each other, we can do more.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

November 17, 2010, 08:27:42 PM
when i clicked on the thread and saw the cry vid picture immediately i got a flash of the the shot of kenny and the others in a circle holding hands with their heads bowed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

November 17, 2010, 08:34:17 PM
looking4truth, I just read your post, and realized that we basically think the same. We just brought up different examples  :)
Sorry that I read it only after writing mine...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 08:37:18 PM
Quote from: "suspicious mind"
when i clicked on the thread and saw the cry vid picture immediately i got a flash of the the shot of kenny and the others in a circle holding hands with their heads bowed.
Yes! :)
I only thought of the statue of the children in Neverland, but yours has way more meaning  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 10:00:31 PM
Quote from: "DREAMSandTRUTH"
looking4truth, I just read your post, and realized that we basically think the same. We just brought up different examples  :)
Sorry that I read it only after writing mine...

Oh you're fine! I didn't even think of that example. So many things are pointing to Michael and holding hands.  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

Tumic Shason

November 17, 2010, 10:36:30 PM
Quote from: "nynyro"
Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
I am going to disagree with you on this. I love the song and that picture is of a man on the left holding the hand of a woman on the right.
The bodies are shaped differently, the body on the right has muscles...masculine looking and the arm on the right is more slender, the hand appears smaller and more feminine, look at the wrist. All only IMO of course.

[attachment=0:dye816hv]HMH.jpg[/attachment:dye816hv]

I agree with you that the  the hands are not two men.  I also don't think their was homosexual innuendo in the song.  So i disagree with that part of the OP's post.  However, the strange happenings surrounding the release of this album scream hoax.  The album and the songs on it are a message.

I feel that when people get this album, if they get this album, they will be surprised by what they get.

I AGREE WITH YOU A 100000000000000000000000%
IT IS SO OBVIOUS IT IS A MALE AND FEMALE!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

November 18, 2010, 02:00:18 AM
I honestly believe this thread was a worth-while discussion, and that I think we've come very close to what Michael has in mind. IMO.

IT IS NOW I SEE AND FEEL THAT CALLING ONCE AGAIN, TO BE PART OF A MUSIC THAT WILL NOT JUST CONNECT BUT, MAKE ALL FEEL ONE, ONE IN JOY, ONE IN PAIN, ONE IN LOVE, ONE IN SERVICE AND IN CONSCIOUSNESS. MJ

by RK » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:20 am
 This has to be strategic to the hoax. It seems Mike is throwing these things in the world's face. Where it can't be ignored. I'd say our boy is understandably really pissed off. It reminds me of Is It Scary. where he says
I'm gonna be exactly what you wanna see
It's you whose haunting me Your warning me
To be the stranger in your life
Am I amusing you or just confusing you
Am I the beast you visualize.
And if you wanna see eccentrialities I'll be grotesque before your eyes
Let them all materialize.
But if you came to see the truth and purity
It's here inside a lonely heart
So let the performance start......
As far as HMH goes, I love it. Nice song....but the controversy is on purpose....hoax purpose. I don't understand how it all will unfold, but I intend to keep watching the performance of the greatest show on earth.
suspicious mind wrote:
DREAMSandTRUTH
The heart as a symbol would just fit for me to this song. When I hear this song I think of Michael's "I Have This Dream" - when he encourages people to hold each other's hands.
"I would like all of you now to take the hand of the person to the left and to the right of you. Go ahead. Right now, I mean it. Don't be shy. Do it, because it starts now. ... Now tell the person next to you that you care for them, tell them that you LOVE them. Tell them that you LOVE them! This is what makes the difference. Together we can make a change to the world, together we can help to stop racism, together we can help to stop prejudice, we can help the world live without fear, it is our only hope
. Without hope we are lost. Thank you all!"
by looking4truth » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:21 pm
I am not going to say I totally disagree with bec because I did think of the homosexual overtones but I thought of that when I heard the demo. I figured that is not what they meant obviously but I did think of it. I just laughed it off and enjoyed the song. However, I'm actually surprise, no one didn't think that this could simply be a continuation of Michael's last single and video from Invincible--Cry. Throughout the video, there are people of different backgrounds, races, cultures, holding hands. It is also interesting that Michael is NOT in this video. It seems to be a prelude to this adventure we are on now. I think the message of Cry and Hold My Hand is similar and goes along with this adventure of L.O.V.E. and truth. I think the homosexual overtones could just be a coincidence? It's not there with Cry so I would say it could be just be our interpretations getting in the way of the important message or maybe you guys are onto something...what exactly...not sure. The video for Cry is below.
by truthprevails » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:09 pm
Another thought:
MJ was someone who wanted to break barriers and walls of all kinds. He promoted equality through his songs and everything else he did in life... He took on the issue of color, race, and nationality. What if now he's taking on the issue of gay-ness, trying to send out a message that "it don't matter if you're straight or gay"? There was a recent incident in the U.S. where a gay boy (college student) ended up committing suicide... Remember that Michael was sensitive to people's pain and sometimes wrote songs inspired by real stories of real people (Bad, Gone Too Soon)? Maybe this is just another example of that. Now I know HMH was written in 2007 or so, but maybe the cover was created recently and is ambiguous on purpose... And maybe it IS about gay-ness. (I don't know, of course. This is a possible theory.)

by trublu » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:28 pm
You know bec, I looked at the cover and the first thing I thought was, ok that makes an M and a V.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

November 18, 2010, 02:06:10 AM
I also must say, that this afternoon as I started the car to do shopping, immediately the DJ said someone requested MJ and Akon's "Hold my Hand". So I pumped er up and that was so great. I felt so happy. I really feel people are going to love the song too!  

I know Michael's alive, I love him, and I know he knows what he's doing with these songs! :D  :oops:  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 18, 2010, 03:28:49 AM
Well , I love the song very much and I never  noticed any gay hints in it . But really when I saw the  cover   I   felt  like “ wow !  what does it mean ? “
For me the explanation is  that  everything concerning Michael , his art , his talent , his life etc. has dual meaning. His intentions , his thoughts, his songs , his life  are simple from his point of view- it’s love , humanism. But when   it goes to  public and media  they immediately  start to look for some hidden meaning  and put everything  upside down.
The controvercy  surrounds Michael  all the time. We know   there is  controvercy that is intended by the author himself  for  some reason  but here we have  conrovercy  installed in our minds . Remember Breaking News, there were rumours  from the family it was not Michael ‘s voice just before the releasing of the song  and when it was released  the hot discussion started.  We were ready already to percept the song  being fake.
The  same with   HMH.  I’m   sure   the  majority of us didn’t even dare to think the song is about gay love. But now when we are given a  picture  we  start to hesitate.
The whole thing with the album shows  the fact that it’s too easy to manipulate people’s mind. This media manipulation surrounded Michael  and his art everywhere.
For me it’s one more proof he’s alive and he’s teaching us to think   first  before judge something. Things may be different from what  we see them  ! :!:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
DON\'T WALK AWAY

November 18, 2010, 08:20:23 PM
The original post here is something to consider, but after thinking about the song and it being chosen as the first single as a love ballad sung by two men with a gender-neutral look to the cover,   I believe it follows MJ's warrior spirit in speaking out against injustice.  Again, with his huge heart, he majestically underscores that everyone deserves love and intimacy unencumbered.   Same-sex couples could very well see this as an anthem and Michael is saying there's victory for all.  The inclusiveness of this song and artwork is a brilliant way to make a statement like only Michael can do.  And this, on the heels of the children who are hanging themselves and jumping off bridges out of desperation and despair,  Michael speaks out once again. And he speaks out as a straight man who is in solidarity with the gay community.  Why not consider this as the underlying agenda for the release of Hold My Hand?    

I don't know anything about Akon but I'm glad to see he's unafraid of being part of something like this.   It's also interesting to note that this song is released soon after Janet mentioned the anti-bullying campaign she's a part of.  I can see why it's the first song released.    There are a lot of children in pain right now and I hope they hear Michael's  message.

"JUSTICE IS WHAT LOVE LOOKS LIKE IN PUBLIC" Cornel West
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

November 21, 2010, 06:05:47 PM
I am going to disagree with you on this. I love the song and that picture is of a man on the left holding the hand of a woman on the right.
The bodies are shaped differently, the body on the left has muscles...masculine looking and the arm on the right is more slender, the hand appears smaller and more feminine, look at the wrist. All only IMO of course.

[attachment=0:12aepmrk]HMH.jpg[/attachment:12aepmrk]

look at the background of the two hands. does anyone else see a very pregnant body there or is it time for my meds. :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

November 21, 2010, 06:18:43 PM
The bodies are shaped differently, the body on the left has muscles...masculine looking and the arm on the right is more slender, the hand appears smaller and more feminine, look at the wrist. All only IMO of course.

[attachment=0:2sq820as]HMH.jpg[/attachment:2sq820as]

look at the background of the two hands. does anyone else see a very pregnant body there or is it time for my meds. :?
I saw that too, @suspicious mind.  You are not alone -- lol!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lovemj

November 21, 2010, 06:42:31 PM
i can plainly see its a male and female hand look at the one on the right its a female lovely long manicured finger nails i also dont think this song is weak i love it i cant stop listening to it i love michaels voice miss him so much though hurry up mike we want you back we miss you like mad
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
michael where are you miss you more

suspicious mind

November 21, 2010, 06:45:52 PM
Quote from: "mjintrigue2012"

[attachment=0:owiz6co9]HMH.jpg[/attachment:owiz6co9]

I saw that too, @suspicious mind.  You are not alone -- lol!

good i hate the thought of going crazy alone ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 22, 2010, 08:38:23 PM

[attachment=0:39h92gwn]HMH.jpg[/attachment:39h92gwn]

Besides the male and female forms, I see an 'M"... :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Until the great mass of the people shall be filled with the sense of responsibility for each other\'s welfare, social justice can never be attained.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal