Re: Is HMH not quite as it seems?
January 04, 2011, 11:35:06 PM
Quote from: "michaelsupporter"
Every artist begins with a concept......a vision. I can only speak for myself and my personal interpretation of this artwork. But, for me it is an exciting piece...one that elicits great joy, hope and expectation.

Sometimes, I admit, that we can become so distracted by the details that we fail to see the whole pic. Step back, look again, and tell me what you really see? Can you see it now? If not, let your mind free and look with your heart rather than your eyes. It is there in plain sight---for everyone to see.

This image can be likened to an optical illusion. There are two darkened figures at the margins of the artwork clasping hands. However, do you see the image that is formed between the two?????? Yes, an image of a female is formed out of the space between the darkened figures and where the light is brightest---behind the clasped hands is the impregnated womb. The light of life. Life is growing within.....she (the figure) is clearly rotund. Do we dare wager when this impending birth will take place????

To me, this new life is what is most meaningful in the artwork. However, there are other elements within it that lend to its beauty and intrigue.  If you look carefully at the interlocking arms/hands you will nearly go mad trying to decipher if the darkened figures are facing the light or stepping out of the light. Could that bear any significance to the meaning? I am not certain. The interlocking arms do create the letter "M" strategically over the umbilicus. This is quite meaningful, too, and draws the eye to the light which is brightest---the embryo/fetus.

A synergistic multi-dimensional energy is created when you combine the artwork with the lyrics and music of the single. The purity and wholesomeness of simply holding hands in friendship, or in demonstration of  love, can be likened to the purity and innocence of a newborn babe. How sweet is that?

Now, how do you interpret that?

An exquisite interpretation @michaelsupporter!

Stepping in or out of the light, we shall hold on.

"Cause when it gets dark and when it gets cold we hold each other till we see the sunlight."
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

diggyon

Re: Is HMH not quite as it seems?
January 05, 2011, 11:41:47 AM
@Bec
thanks for posting this. I bet you must be from Europe or the USA. I will be discussing men's gestures in my country in brief. Here men can hug each other an even kiss each other without being called gay. Women do the same too. So it really astonishes me a lot when I see people in other countries criticize this behavior. I remember Micheal saying in several interviews that he loves children and  and that he invites them to have some great time with him. In my country this is a very normal behavior, if the parents of these children accept the invitation. But sadly in Europe and the USA this behavior is odd an eccentric. If someone in my country kisses a child then he is called nice and a children lover. In the USA or Europe if someone kisses a child then he is called pedophile!!!!
It makes me really sad when I see people in other countries jump very quickly to the wrong conclusions. So when I first heard the song "Hold my Hand" I felt sorry for Micheal. I just had the feeling that he needs support and love from the others because he was confronted with all that hate during his last years as the King of Pop. This song also reminds me of the song "Will you be there". Micheal needs love and support and he is crying out loud  for everyone to hear that. But sadly people might get the message wrong again, as you described in your post. I never felt what you said because as I said I am not from Europe or from the USA and people in my country behave differently. But it makes me really sad when I feel that a  cry for support and love could be understood that way. No wonder MJ left the USA.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Together we are strong

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln

Thank you Michael for letting me discover the truth!

I lost the bet, Sarahli won it! ! ! loool

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal