Re: Is HMH not quite as it seems?
November 17, 2010, 09:44:08 AM
I have personally never gotten any homosexual vibes from this song EVER. There's absolutely nothing in this song that insinuates that. I hate how people don't hear "she" "girl" etc and come to wild conclusions. I value everyone's opinion, don't get me wrong but in MY opinion, there's nothing gay. I've already heard crazy tabloid junk about this song on the web, so sad.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
November 17, 2010, 09:50:57 AM
Quote from:  so maybe we can all look at anything and see if differently according to our preconcieved notions?
i am off to look at leave me alone again [/quote

(I realize I'm getting off topic here, but bear with me)

It's like the song Michael did with Lenny Kravitz, "Another Day". If you had no artwork to look at or video to interpret it, just based on the lyrics what would you assume the song to mean?

Here is some of the lyrics: (courtesy of directlyrics.com)

My life has taken me beyond the planets and the stars
And you’re the only one that could take me this far
I’ll be forever searching for your love

(Huhhh-Ooh)

[CHORUS]
I walked away but I was wrong
(I can't make it another day)
You’re the one that keeps me strong
You’re the fire that keeps me warm
How did I get through this storm?
(I can't make it another day without your love)

(Hoohoo)
(Come on now!)

At night, I pray before I sleep in hope of finding you
(finding you)
I've opened up my heart to let you to come through
I'll be forever searching for your love
(Huhhh-ooooh)

[CHORUS]

Now imagine this song paired with the 'Hold my hand" picture....would you question the meaning behind the song?

How about if it was a picture of Christ on the cross...would the song take on a different meaning then?

How about if you saw a video, showing all of Michael's fans all around the world searching for him, but he's hidden away. He can see us but we can't see him and he's singing this song...does the meaning of the song change then too?

I hope I'm getting my  point across  :? ...the visual presentation really affects how you percieve something and can alter it's meaning. So yeah, something literal can be percieved many different ways.
Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:53:58 AM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 09:53:12 AM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Thanks for all your insight on this, guys. I had heard the original version of this song a long time ago, so when I heard the version with MJ I was kind of disappointed that it sounded exactly like the original. Nothing new. Not a bad song, but I would have to agree with it being somewhat "weak" (in MJ standards, which are high). I didn't initially get the homosexual vibe, BUT...I just remembered an interesting convo I had with a friend the other day about the new song "Do you know where your children are". I sent the link to my friend in Chicago to check it out. He said he'd have to listen to it a bit later but he asked me what it was called. When I told him the title, he's like "whoa, really? that's an interesting choice for a title..." hinting towards the child molestation charges. The song itself is simply amazing and not creepy in any way, but certainly someone had to realize that giving it that title would raise some eyebrows unfortunately. Perhaps that is the point though.

I love that song, "Do You Know Where Your Children Are", but it's not on the album tracklist.  The thing is, if MJ were to always care about anything that anyone might think of his songs or art, he'd never do anything!  Some people always make certain connections or take things out of context or misconstrue them... TDCAU got Michael accused of being anti-semite!  Another time someone took 1 poem, just 1, from "Dancing the Dream" - and I believe this was quite recently - and wrote an article making the point that it was creepy!  Now anyone who's read that book should see that it's just a beautiful collection of poems and essays and there's nothing creepy about it.  But, unfortunately, some people's minds are pretty perverse (which MJ's mind wasn't).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 09:58:16 AM
Quote from: "peterpanswendy"
I have personally never gotten any homosexual vibes from this song EVER. There's absolutely nothing in this song that insinuates that. I hate how people don't hear "she" "girl" etc and come to wild conclusions. I value everyone's opinion, don't get me wrong but in MY opinion, there's nothing gay. I've already heard crazy tabloid junk about this song on the web, so sad.

Yes, very sad... And it's not just "tabloid junk"... There are people whose MINDS work that way... They're always after juicy stuff to gossip about.  They don't give a damn about the essence/substance of things.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

November 17, 2010, 10:03:01 AM
Quote from: "Snoopy71"
Quote from:  so maybe we can all look at anything and see if differently according to our preconcieved notions?
i am off to look at leave me alone again [/quote

(I realize I'm getting off topic here, but bear with me)

It's like the song Michael did with Lenny Kravitz, "Another Day". If you had no artwork to look at or video to interpret it, just based on the lyrics what would you assume the song to mean?

Here is some of the lyrics: (courtesy of directlyrics.com)

My life has taken me beyond the planets and the stars
And you’re the only one that could take me this far
I’ll be forever searching for your love

(Huhhh-Ooh)

[CHORUS]

(Hoohoo)
(Come on now!)

At night, I pray before I sleep in hope of finding you
(finding you)
I've opened up my heart to let you to come through
I'll be forever searching for your love
(Huhhh-ooooh)

[CHORUS]

Now imagine this song paired with the 'Hold my hand" picture....would you question the meaning behind the song?

How about if it was a picture of Christ on the cross...would the song take on a different meaning then?

How about if you saw a video, showing all of Michael's fans all around the world searching for him, but he's hidden away. He can see us but we can't see him and he's singing this song...does the meaning of the song change then too?

I hope I'm getting my  point across  :? ...the visual presentation really affects how you percieve something and can alter it's meaning. So yeah, something literal can be percieved many different ways.

and this can extend to anything that is put in front of us.
politcal issues, social issues .

i also think the rest of the art work will be interesting.
let's not forget the cry video either no michael at all only other people holding hands
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

RK

November 17, 2010, 10:20:30 AM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Thanks for all your insight on this, guys. I had heard the original version of this song a long time ago, so when I heard the version with MJ I was kind of disappointed that it sounded exactly like the original. Nothing new. Not a bad song, but I would have to agree with it being somewhat "weak" (in MJ standards, which are high). I didn't initially get the homosexual vibe, BUT...I just remembered an interesting convo I had with a friend the other day about the new song "Do you know where your children are". I sent the link to my friend in Chicago to check it out. He said he'd have to listen to it a bit later but he asked me what it was called. When I told him the title, he's like "whoa, really? that's an interesting choice for a title..." hinting towards the child molestation charges. The song itself is simply amazing and not creepy in any way, but certainly someone had to realize that giving it that title would raise some eyebrows unfortunately. Perhaps that is the point though.
Wow, Jaci...I seemed to have a light bulb moment when reading your post. Previous to it, I was thinking that HMH was just a song. Don't try to overanalyze it....but add Do You Know Where Your Children Are and it  makes me think there are no such things as coincidences. I'm hot to have a listen to Monster too.
This has to be strategic to the hoax. It seems Mike is throwing these things in the world's face. Where it can't be ignored. I'd say our boy is understandably really pissed off. It reminds me of  Is It Scary. where he says
I'm gonna be exactly what you wanna see
It's you whose haunting me Your warning me
To be the stranger in your life
Am I amusing you or just confusing you
Am I the beast you visualize.
And if you wanna see eccentrialities I'll be grotesque before your eyes
Let them all materialize.
But if you came to see the truth and purity
It's here inside a lonely heart
So let the performance start......
As far as HMH goes, I love it. Nice song....but the controversy is on purpose....hoax purpose. I don't understand how it all will unfold, but I intend to keep watching the performance of the greatest show on earth.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 10:22:54 AM
suspicious mind:

Good point.  Seeing a picture or video with a song can change how we perceive it... but not necessarily completely.  For instance: In my mind the song YANA (You Are Not Alone) by MJ is completely divorced from the music video - which I don't like much, and I don't think goes well with the song.

As for the song "Another Day", I interpret it as someone saying they walked away from a love (any love!) that was fulfilling and inspiring, and which they now yearn after.  Love can be for Jesus, for someone like MJ, for any other person... Love isn't just "romance".

"We see the world not as it is, but as we are."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 11:09:02 AM
In the picture the way the hands are interlinked with each other makes it look like the shape of the heart that you usually see in a painting of Jesus with a gold aura emanating from it. What do you guys think?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E. In One!

November 17, 2010, 11:16:45 AM
Missed the quote but I think it is Snoopy

The reason why the woman does not have a slim waist is because then there would be no M, it would look like an undecipherable alphabet.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

November 17, 2010, 11:28:12 AM
Quote from: "truthprevails"
suspicious mind:

Good point.  Seeing a picture or video with a song can change how we perceive it... but not necessarily completely.  For instance: In my mind the song YANA (You Are Not Alone) by MJ is completely divorced from the music video - which I don't like much, and I don't think goes well with the song.

As for the song "Another Day", I interpret it as someone saying they walked away from a love (any love!) that was fulfilling and inspiring, and which they now yearn after.  Love can be for Jesus, for someone like MJ, for any other person... Love isn't just "romance".

"We see the world not as it is, but as we are."

i have not seen the lryrics for another day before your previous post but i see what you mean.
as for your are not alone. thank god someone finally said it ! i have never been able to reconcile that song and video .but i also have not been able to fit that one angry gesture into anything directed at god either. :?
i can remember the first time i saw sister act. when the nuns were singing my guy and replaceing guy with god. i was so blown away. it was so neat to me. i am so corny :lol:
we just don't think of god on a personal level . he has been made to seem so distant and he is not .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

November 17, 2010, 11:32:01 AM
Quote from: "LovelyLurker"
Have you people lost your minds?????   This song was leaked 2 yrs ago and is nothing but a lovley  lovely song! I have not read all the post but are you people nuts !!

This is a song that sent chills up my spine the first time I heard it and as I have it on my ipod I have listened to it over and over again and it is just a SONG....a very nice song......a very lovely song by two people who respected one another and wanted to collaberate on a song together.

It is a great song for goodness sake just listen to the song and enjoy it. Who cares about a freaking picture ( which is very nice in my opinion)  

Stop now and go to bed and get up in the morning and stop trying to see things where there are no things to see .  Just my opinion
God, you are so right....I don't know what to think anymore.  I just don't understand why everytime something good happens, everyone tries to disect it into something negative.  Have we not learned yet what this man was all about???? Obviously NOT.  I can't believe this site has become what it is.  What happened????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
November 17, 2010, 11:38:12 AM
Quote from: "simalves"

The reason why the woman does not have a slim waist is because then there would be no M, it would look like an undecipherable alphabet.

Yeah, that was me :D  ....I see what you mean...so we are meant to see the letter moreso than the shapes? (I know that sounds weird).  If that's the case then it would tweak my perspective of it and whose behind it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

November 17, 2010, 12:19:49 PM

Yeah, that was me :D  ....I see what you mean...so we are meant to see the letter moreso than the shapes? (I know that sounds weird).  If that's the case then it would tweak my perspective of it and whose behind it.

couldn't they have used two children to achieve that same effect or would that become even more controversial ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: "suspicious mind"

couldn't they have used two children to achieve that same effect or would that become even more controversial ?

I think 2 children wouldn't fit the idea of the song, which seems to be about adults (i.e. people who have some life experience).  The song says:
Cause I've been there before
And you've been there before
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

November 17, 2010, 12:46:51 PM
As someone who has never heard any version of this song and hearing it for the first time ever today, I have to be honest and say my first thought was that the song had homosexual overtones :?  This song release did seem odd to me.

Two things immediately popped into my head after hearing this....

1) the allegations Arnold Kleins assistant made about being Michael's gay lover

2) how Michael was upset over how the singles were released on the Invincible album back in 2001, which I think in part sparked that little controversy with Sony (not sure why that popped into my head, but it did).

The fact that the art cover for the song is ambiguous (It could have included a head shot of a man and woman to clear up any confusion) but the fact they chose not to, also makes me wonder if Sony isn't targeting a gay audience subliminally at the expense of Michael's reputation.

The song and the way it's being presented is leaving it to wide open for interpretation (IMO).  I've never heard the song before now and don't know the history behind it's making, so I have no bias one way or the other, this was just my intial impression.

At first, I didn't understand Will.I.ams comment about this song release being "disrespectful" until now...and now I see there are multiple layers to his statement.

I do believe this album is another version of a hoax or another phase of it. Because so far nothing about this album is what it seems. So I have to agree. :|[/quote]

I have to agree.  When something is ambiguous and unclear, it never takes certain elements of society long to get the wrong idea.  There is definately a game plan here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions