Was I hiredt be fired ?
November 16, 2010, 02:33:09 PM
I know this is unsusal but it concerns me and you guys have become my family can U help me with this ?

I just wanted to ask you a question, regarding my a past job.

I worked in a department store.

Why do people hire you and then immediately start to harrass you,?     When I was first hired I was told to  wait until my background check came back and then I will be given a start date.  I recieved a call and was given a start date.  Only when the first day of training wa ready to begin, I recieve  call 2 hour before the shift is ti start stating that my background check is not back as of yet.   I was  a little irritated as I had to rearrange my schedule, around my start dae.  Ok no big deal !  after a week passed and I recieved no call from my new employer I made some inquiries regarding whether or not my background check had come back.   I never recieved a response until 1 week after my calls informing me that my backround check had come back, and I was again given a  new start date.    When I was hired I was given a little training and I followed what was shown on the video as to how to handle certain situations.   I was told to dress professionally and I dressed professionally.  I was told to treat the customers, in a certain way and I did just that!   I was told to not help a person who was in pain, even though it took me seconds to stop their pain.   I was told I could not put on lipstick, behind the counter.  I understand to not put on lipstick in a customers face, or when their is a long line, as that would be inconsiderate.    ( No I was not always running around puting on makeup).  I signed for a letter (FED EX) for the boss and I was told that I should never do  that!    I call myself taking it to the boss immediately and she stated, to m do you know who the letter is from ?    Do I know if the letter is intended for her ?     She then told me that she will have to contact Fed Ex to find out about the tracking of this letter !   Yes the letter was addresssed to her.   My schedule was always changing hour by hour.  At night I would review my online schedule for  the  next day and it would show I start t 5 pm.   I would get up in the morning and the schedule would change to 10 am.  Or I would look at the schedule in the afernoon and it would say start at 3pm. then later I would look and it would say start at 2pm.   It was constantly like this.  N one ever calle to inform you that your schedule was changed.   I noticed from the very start the traning manager would never give me eye contact., which I thought was a little strange.   Tyhe customers liked me and I tem, they stated thy would send in a srvey on meusing my name.  I really loved those people !!!   The department manager asked me how I liked  my new job.  I told her it was pleasant and non stressful and I liked my co-workers.  After I told the dept manager that everything changed !!     And finally, I was told that (I am Black),  I had made  a comments to my coworkers stating I was black and that is why I am not allowed to do certain things.     These words never came from me, I never played any race card.    So now they are lying on me.   I was also told that other supervisors did not like me, and I have never interacted with any of them, other to smile or say Hi !

So I was there 1 week,( afte training) and I was treated like dirt, was I just hired for their amusement ?
Csn you enlighten me, as this definitely is not my style ?

PS Please excuse any graphical errors as I am upset thisjust happened a few hours ago !!!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tumic Shason

Re: Was I hiredt be fired ?
November 16, 2010, 02:39:58 PM
AWW!
HI SISTER I SEE YOU ARE ANGRY..LOL
WELL UMM ALL I CAN SAY IS THEY PROBABLY DID THAT TO YOU BECAUSE YOU ANNOYED THEM IN THE BEGINNING..LOL
JOKES TO THE SIDE, I THINK YOU WERE TREATED THIS WAY BECAUSE YOUR A NEWBIE AND YOU WERE LOVING YOUR JOB AND ALSO GOOD AT IT,VETERANS HATE THAT!
EXAMPLE:WHEN A NEWBIE COMES ON HERE AND STARTS TALKING AND ACTING LIKE THEY KNOW EVERYTHING SOME OF THE VETERANS GET MAD BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE YOU ARE WRONG IF YOUR NEW, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Was I hired to be fired ?
November 16, 2010, 03:11:52 PM
Thank You, you could be right, but I called and just left a pleasant message.  Too, bad fo me and them as I am a very good employee.  But it is not a match, too much personal crap going on to even conduct business.  Howevr, I am writing a letter to the corporate office as Ithink they would be interested !!
But, i do not want my job back so that is anon issue.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Im_convincedmjalive

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
November 16, 2010, 03:21:30 PM
I have some questions.

1: Were you actually fired? You didn't say so when venting above.
2: If you were fired what was the reason they gave you?
3: Do you reside in the USA?

All of these questions will lead to whether or not you can do something legally towards their actions.

Peace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sarahli

November 16, 2010, 03:49:56 PM
letstalkagain I feel your pain and anger. I have a friend who worked in that kind of environment and seems like this kind of behavior happens, not often, but enough to question why. Regarding the scheduling of your work hours did it occur to your co-workers or to you only?

Sometimes there are companies were people are unkind... I have another story in mind, one of my friends was harrassed for no reason... they 'just' like to annoy the new ones... but they don't realize how it can hurt. Sending you a hug don't let them win and keep the faith.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

MissG

November 16, 2010, 04:04:46 PM
Did all this happen in just one week? your first week at your job?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

November 16, 2010, 05:06:08 PM
Iamconvincedmjalive & my friends on MJHDI    

Yes  I was informed today thaI was to be terminated.  I was told over the phone by the store manager.
I only started 1 week ago, amd I was called into the office after,I was told that someone said that I said, that I was not allowe do do something because I was black !!    I never played th race card and why oh why would I tell a white co-worker that in the first place.  I was in shick when tht was relayed t m and It mde me feel as though I was an outcast !   I informed them that I never said that and I wanted to know who it was tha twas making the unfair allegation against me.  They would not give me the informationon who sid what..  She never gve me a reason as to why I was fired except she said she had comments from 3 female supervisors and they did not like me.   I never did anything to any manager except to say Helllo.   And Yes I live in the USA.

Thank You soooooooo much guys, your kindness is helping me through this !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Im_convincedmjalive

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
November 16, 2010, 05:40:16 PM
None of the reasons she gave you for termination aka fired are good enough for grounds of dismissal. (Legally)

I went through a similiar situation except I worked for a corporation that is more about the almighty dollar than the members. I worked for them for over a year and I am white and I said something along the lines of "We have something in common"

I was sitting at the desk of a black girl who I was listening on the phone call for CSR training. After she hung up the phone with the member I noticed her daughter's pic on her cubicle and I commented on how cute she was. The girl volunteered the fact that her daughter's dad was white so I said "Oh that's the opposite of me I am white and my daughter's dad is black."

I thought it was no big deal that we spoke like that but, apparantly it was a big deal to her because I was called into the office of my manager and was told never to speak again of people's private lives. Huh? I was like wtf?

It boils down to office politics and jealousies and just plain childish shit.
My advice would be don't send the letter to headquarters they won't care. I would check into the Unemployment rules about this. When the corporation let me go they did it over the phone also. I filed unemployment and won based on the fact that they didn't have a good enough reason to let me go legally.

I hope that helps. If you need further assistance PM me.

Peace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 16, 2010, 05:48:01 PM
Oh thank you iamcovincemjisalive !!!  Yes you are soooo right people in business need to grow up.
Why that girl ever became offended is beyond me, in business i have learned that there are far more insecure people than confident ones.   If you are meek and do little of nothing that is what employers of today seem to like.  People with out brains, as a former manager I always preferred people who knew their stuff as it made my life much easier.   But, I will not worry they will have some bad Karma to settle and I wll be blessed as I did nothing against anyone !

Thanks to all of my buddies on this site !! I love U all !!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

November 18, 2010, 09:56:37 AM
Sorry to hear you got fired.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal