Tarja

Re: TMZ Live slip -up
November 16, 2010, 01:58:39 AM
Harvey: "There's a song.. that someone played for me last night, from Invincible, which I think was recorded in like the early 2000 and I can't remember the name of the song.. maybe I'll get it and play for you tomorrow... aaaa.... but Michael's voice is so much lower... and that's a song if Michael were dead (emphasis is) now... I mean, Michael's dead but if if.. if that would be one of these songs, on that one you would say: "Oh mt god, that's not Michael Jackson!". But it is! I mean that was released during his lifetime! You should liste to.. If you.. if you are really interested, go back to invincible and listen to the songs and you'll hear this one song especially ... does not sound anything like classic Michael jackson. So, his voice was certainly able to sing a lot lower  than he did in a lot of his other songs. And it was really interesting..."

I can't believe the slip up he made, because seeing him it gives me the impression he was so eager to talk about the song that he made this slip up exactly as Ben Evenstat with "that day and the other dda.. aaa"

And regarding the song Harvey wants us to listen to, I  bet it is Privacy and yes, he is right that on this specific song Michael really sounds very very different, nothing like his classic known voice.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]I won\'t be using this account/ID name anymore. My name is Yulia, for who wants to know. Souza, you can delete this account if you want to.I\'m not using it anymore.[/size]

MJonmind

November 16, 2010, 02:05:31 AM
I think it was deliberate. They could easily have redone that clip. They enjoy getting a reaction from us guys. "You see(hear) what I want you to see, when I want you to see it!" I think it 2000 Watts too, not Privacy which is just his normal voice with raspy edge. I agree it's great advertizing for MJ's new album and Invincible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

November 16, 2010, 02:12:48 AM
To me, after I watched the slip-up, I see it exactly like here, if you know the scene in "Some like it hot" movie with Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe, when Lemmon is disguised as a girl.

Harvey's slip-up is for me exactly like this one. Watch min 5:00. Can't stop laughing

"If I were a girl...And I AM!"
[youtube:2yl3lola]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NikIT5vMPi4[/youtube:2yl3lola]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tarja

November 16, 2010, 02:24:46 AM
Oh my god, the "Some like it hot" one!! Exactly!
D: Listen, Sugar, if i were a girl.. and I am! I'd watch my step." -> was this your inspiration, Harvey?

In some way I think Harvey did it on purpose, because he is not stupid at all from what I got to know him. And he might have done that on purpose as well as Jermaine with his airport. But it was so goddamn natural!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]I won\'t be using this account/ID name anymore. My name is Yulia, for who wants to know. Souza, you can delete this account if you want to.I\'m not using it anymore.[/size]

November 16, 2010, 02:49:45 AM
Quote from: "_Anna_"
To me, after I watched the slip-up, I see it exactly like here, if you know the scene in "Some like it hot" movie with Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe, when Lemmon is disguised as a girl.

Harvey's slip-up is for me exactly like this one. Watch min 5:00. Can't stop laughing

"If I were a girl...And I AM!"
[youtube:1u299y48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NikIT5vMPi4[/youtube:1u299y48]

love this movie, and i totally agree. thanks harvey  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

ijcsly

November 16, 2010, 03:16:43 AM
to me this is not really a slip up, i'll explain. The overall discussion is the opinions on the veracity of "is it MJ on these new songs" Harvey seems to be saying that if you take the song 2000watts, where MJ's voice is much lower than what we're used to, and suppose MJ had died back then in early 2000's and you let people hear that song 2000watts that that would have been discussed about too at that time, because its a voice of MJ's that we're simply not used to hearing.I think he just honestly meant to say "if MJ were dead "then"  
To me its completely different to Jermaines airport slip or Bens  other  duh duh du...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

November 16, 2010, 03:51:45 AM
Harvey says "If Michael were dead now, I mean he is..", he says "now" not "then". It's hard for me to believe a native American could mistake "now" with "then". Then why didn't he say it how it naturally would have come out: "And if Michael was dead back then, people would have started to question the authenticity..."

maybe some native English speakers could say it I am wrong or right.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 16, 2010, 03:59:33 AM
If Michael were dead now... he would not have got to the airport :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ...the full script unfolds.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ijcsly

November 16, 2010, 04:48:20 AM
Quote from: "_Anna_"
Harvey says "If Michael were dead now, I mean he is..", he says "now" not "then". It's hard for me to believe a native American could mistake "now" with "then". Then why didn't he say it how it naturally would have come out: "And if Michael was dead back then, people would have started to question the authenticity..."

maybe some native English speakers could say it I am wrong or right.

i'm a native english speaker myself , and i honestly feel it comes across that Harve was just thinking about the early 2000's and accidentally said "now" instead of "then" because in his mind he was in the early 2000's...
Where as Jermaine for example had absolutely no room, or motive for mistakes when he gave us the "airport slip up" . I mean by that , that the questions being asked of him at that moment had absolutely nothing to do with travelling and/or airports so i feel he was in his mind thinking of MJ going to the airport and so he let it slip.I hope you know what i mean. Same with Ben, he just really let that slip out because it was truthful and then caught himself and did the lousiest job ever of trying to move the conversation on.I think the big difference is , is that Jermaine and Ben were being questioned, interviewed and were more prone to be truthful no matter how hard they tried to stick to their scripts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

November 16, 2010, 04:54:43 AM
What makes me think he was speaking in the present situation is that he said "If Michael were dead now....I mean Michael is dead,but..." was the fact that he continued with "I mean Michael is dead", and not with something like "I mean dead back THEN/at that time", so he kept it as if he was speaking in present.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 16, 2010, 05:06:20 AM
Harvey is infinitely watchable, a very sexy man, gay or straight doesn't matter. Even though I detest all trashy media outlets, I can't help but like this little bastard. I would have let this one go to the keeper as not really a slip up because he covered himself very smoothly, but what made me pause was the OTHER guy seemed to make more of it as he brought up the rear.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 16, 2010, 05:20:44 AM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Yeah, that slip-up was nice, but i heard something more interesting. Harvey said Mike lived with the Cascios back in 2007 and recorded some songs and was going to take them to London with him to produce them. So did he know he was going to London already back in 2007? Hmmmmm.

Oh and Harve, please share again how good that stereo system was, what brand? Must have sounded awesome if it's worth mentioning twice.

hmmm  yes you are right... didnt connect that time-gap when i heard him say this...
maybe he meant that  michael recorded them.... then a few years later decided to make an album ... and to include these songs--- and thats when he decided to  finish them in London....( how he would find for that .. I don't know).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

_Anna_

November 16, 2010, 05:51:40 AM
Quote from: "Tink.I.Am"
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Yeah, that slip-up was nice, but i heard something more interesting. Harvey said Mike lived with the Cascios back in 2007 and recorded some songs and was going to take them to London with him to produce them. So did he know he was going to London already back in 2007? Hmmmmm.

Oh and Harve, please share again how good that stereo system was, what brand? Must have sounded awesome if it's worth mentioning twice.

hmmm  yes you are right... didnt connect that time-gap when i heard him say this...
maybe he meant that  michael recorded them.... then a few years later decided to make an album ... and to include these songs--- and thats when he decided to  finish them in London....( how he would find for that .. I don't know).
I remember reading about Michael's projects back in 2007. I remember I've read that he was putting up a great project with Kenny Ortega since 2007, so I don't think it's something new.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
November 16, 2010, 06:23:50 AM
How does Harvey know Michael was going to take the songs in London?
Makes me wonder why are we talking about London again?
Maybe Michael is there in London...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

November 16, 2010, 09:01:21 AM
Harvey you look like Jermaine, not in the physical thing but if in the slip up. :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions