Re: www.michaelsarmyoflove.com
November 13, 2010, 06:24:59 PM
It's really beautifully set out, kudos to you for that!
I'm a bit short on idea at the moment as I'm a little busy, but for the time being I can think of one thing. Please don't bite my head off when I say this lol. But if it's a website about LOVE which symbolizes the need for happiness etc then perhaps could the background colour be a lighter one and not the darkish/black one that it is? Maybe that could brighten it up and give hope? Let me know what you think :D

L.O.V.E
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” - Michael Jackson

~Souza~Topic starter

November 13, 2010, 06:38:06 PM
Quote from: "nick_93"
I'm a bit short on idea at the moment as I'm a little busy, but for the time being I can think of one thing. Please don't bite my head off when I say this lol. But if it's a website about LOVE which symbolizes the need for happiness etc then perhaps could the background colour be a lighter one and not the darkish/black one that it is? Maybe that could brighten it up and give hope? Let me know what you think :D

L.O.V.E

Tried that. White is ugly, red is horrific and all other colors distract too much. But if you have a suggestion I can see how it looks.

The colors on the pages are already quite warm and bright, if you make the background colorful or bright as well, you will loose focus. But like I said, if you have a suggestion, I can try.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 13, 2010, 06:43:47 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "nick_93"

L.O.V.E

Tried that. White is ugly, red is horrific and all other colors distract too much. But if you have a suggestion I can see how it looks.

The colors on the pages are already quite warm and bright, if you make the background colorful or bright as well, you will loose focus. But like I said, if you have a suggestion, I can try.

Yeah that's fair enough. Unfortunately, not many other colours would work with it. I tried picturing it with red and blue and it just wasn't right. I guess also if you used any other colour it would look a bit tacky and unprofessional. You've done a beautiful job though, I really like the charities page. The images attract and it gives the desire to help, or at least it did for me :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” - Michael Jackson

RK

November 13, 2010, 07:50:13 PM
I love the new site. And I like the dark background. It makes the colours seem more intense.
Running Girl's suggestions make a whole lot of sense,I especially like "distortion zone". kinda catchy and different, but still true to what we want to say about the lies.
Souza....you're awesome.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 13, 2010, 08:05:31 PM
Quote from: "MJFAN7"
it looks great!

What does that paragraph say? I can't understand the language.

Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks! :D I like those words ! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

November 13, 2010, 08:51:35 PM
The site looks great, Souza!  And the idea is amazing!  I like the black background with the bright colors... It looks professional.  I agree with TheRunningGirl on the donation stuff... No buttons - only links, at least for now.  

More feedback:

1. The email addresses are good.  
2. "About Us" should be, I think, about our desire to continue Michael's work of healing the world & making it a better place.  MJ's humanitarian work could be listed there OR see suggestion #5.
3. The "Home" section could be eliminated?  We could write about us and the site in "About Us".
4. "Articles" tab - rename "News", as you said.
5. Create an extra tab/section for "Media Issues" in which to report slanderous articles. OR Omit this altogether, which I consider the better option... I think that if there's only positivity and charity focus on the site (and the media are ignored), that in itself will speak volumes about MJ's legacy and the people who love him.  Instead of this Media thing, we should have a section for "MJ's humanitarian work".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 13, 2010, 09:00:03 PM
RE: possible "Media" section (on slanderous articles):
My opinion is that it should not exist at all OR else it should contain a single classy statement - such as this:

"What happened to TRUTH?  Did it go out of style?" - Michael Jackson

It says it all, really.  And I do think the site should be positive and focused on charity and love - so that the press won't have anything bad to say about it.  ;)

Thanks for doing this, Souza!  I could compile a list of charities... Let me know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

November 13, 2010, 09:05:02 PM
I'll open the threads where we can collect  the info later.

I do disagree with you on the media part. It is part of his message and we should make people aware of it. The slanderous media is negative, but us doing something about it must bee seen as possitive. That's my opinion, but I'd like to hear what the rest thinks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 13, 2010, 09:23:31 PM

I do disagree with you on the media part. It is part of his message and we should make people aware of it. The slanderous media is negative, but us doing something about it must bee seen as possitive. That's my opinion, but I'd like to hear what the rest thinks.

I understand... Maybe we could have a vote on that.  

Another possible section: "Stories" - about remarkable individuals who are doing their part to change the world, or at least to raise awareness about various issues.  This section could include a listing of now-deceased people such as Anne Frank or Ryan White (with a blurb for each person).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 13, 2010, 09:32:42 PM
A few considerations about the media:

1. There's already a site about the media and the truth on MJ:
I think we should avoid intersecting with that site, in terms of the things addressed...
2. We should think long-term, say 10-20-50 years down the road.  Will we keep monitoring everything that gets written about MJ?  How about blogs/personal websites which are critical of MJ?!
3. Even if we have such a section, maybe we can avoid re-posting the slanderous articles?  There's so much copy-paste journalism out there and that in itself (the sheer repetition of nonsense) is a problem... I wouldn't want this site to contain ANY trash.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
November 13, 2010, 10:08:19 PM
I think it's really important to include "Global Warming" and signs of things to come.

I am a "Greenpeace" warrior, so if I can do anything to help, I will.  I am in the middle of a course at the moment, and have 2 weeks to go before exams, but will be available anyway I can after that.  I swear this hoax will make me fail...I spend too much time here instead of hitting the books and studying.. If the exams were about MJ's death hoax, I would pass with flying colours :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

One suggestion...is it possible to add some sort of gif ???  Like butterflies ???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 14, 2010, 01:49:45 AM
Quote from: "truthprevails"

I understand... Maybe we could have a vote on that.  

Another possible section: "Stories" - about remarkable individuals who are doing their part to change the world, or at least to raise awareness about various issues.  This section could include a listing of now-deceased people such as Anne Frank or Ryan White (with a blurb for each person).
I agree, Souza- we should definitely have a media-related section.

TP, what I underlined- great idea, I was going to suggest that!

Y'all did an amazing job on the intro page! It looks so inspirational with his beautiful hand reaching.. I think it sounds like its shaping up to be a good, simple site- nothing too giant. I think it would be nice to have a section where people could send in a positive story of something that happened to them or they witnessed or saw- maybe poems, too. And I'm really not a tech person, but if it would be possible, maybe some kind of beautiful 'Thank You' graphic for when people donate.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 14, 2010, 01:55:46 AM
This is very cool, Souza! And it's exciting! =D  :D  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (B. Howard Fans)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Martin Page Fans)

~Souza~Topic starter

November 14, 2010, 07:03:30 AM
hmmmmm, I use Google Chrome and the website looks fine:

[attachment=1:1mm7771a]chrome.jpg[/attachment:1mm7771a]

But if I open it with IE or Firefox, I get this:

[attachment=0:1mm7771a]iefirefox.jpg[/attachment:1mm7771a]

I haven't heard anyone about this, but I would like to know how you all see it. I don't think we all use Chrome.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 14, 2010, 07:17:47 AM
I use Firefox Souza and it seems to work fine.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal