gwynned

Quote from: "bec"
Quote from: "mjjamm"
It's really annoying how they can play the same fifteen songs over and over again, but not have the time to play an unheard song by the greatest entertainer whos ever lived.

Because it's not good. If it was good it would have gotten air time.

If 'good' were a prerequisite for getting air time, we'd probably have a lot of dead air most of the day.  Who gets played is a reflection (mostly) of those who control the media who give airtime to those who best promote their agenda.  Kids are easy to manipulate.  And their parents can't police their kids 24/7.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Quote from: "gwynned"
Quote from: "mjjamm"
It's really annoying how they can play the same fifteen songs over and over again, but not have the time to play an unheard song by the greatest entertainer whos ever lived.

Because it's not good. If it was good it would have gotten air time.

If 'good' were a prerequisite for getting air time, we'd probably have a lot of dead air most of the day.  Who gets played is a reflection (mostly) of those who control the media who give airtime to those who best promote their agenda.  Kids are easy to manipulate.  And their parents can't police their kids 24/7.

Well that is true.

I guess I meant if it were "catchy". But when it comes to music, people seem to have high (unrealistic) expectations of MJ. He is held to a different standard.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
Sony: New Michael Jackson Album Could Sell 400,000 In First Week
November 11, 2010 - Retail

By Ed Christman

The initial U.S. shipment of Michael Jackson’s "Michael," due Dec. 14 on Epic Records, is 900,000, according to retail sources. Sony is projecting first-week CD sales of 340,000 and digital album sales of 60,000. That projection is similar to debut-week sales of Jackson's album "This Is It," though that album had the marketing strength of a major motion picture behind it. "This Is It" sold 373,000 units in its first week and has sold 1.6 million units since its release in October 2009, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Second week projections for "Michael," are set at 280,000 units, while digital sales are expected to slip from its debut week percentage of 15% to 8%. But both of those percentages are better than the digital sales garnered by "This Is It" in its first week when the format accounted for 5.6% of total sales.

"Michael" will carry a $10.25 wholesale cost and a $13.98 list price.

Most music merchants say the controversy surrounding the posthumous single "Breaking News" should stoke awareness and sales for the new album "Michael."

"I think people will come out to buy the album, especially with the controversy," Edge Entertainment Distribution music buyer Danny Cohen says.

The debate on song quality and authenticity will likely be a moot point by Nov. 15, when the Jackson website is scheduled to debut "Hold My Hand," which features Akon. That first commercially available single from "Michael" will be available for sale the same day at digital stores like iTunes.

Some merchants worry that the quality of the first song being streamed from Jackson's site may not inspire consumers to run out and buy the set on street date. One merchant described "Breaking News" as "an interesting choice to sell an album. It's not a good first look for the album."

Merchants say that Sony sales representatives have told them the single was chosen more because of the lyrical content as a way to herald the news about the upcoming album. :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nWo

I've heard it on some pop radio stations here in South Florida. It is a really good and catchy song. Go Mike!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wow. I can barely figure out what the words are and it's already #1. Whatever :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

bec

Quote from: "reasonables+luvs+MJ"
Wow. I can barely figure out what the words are and it's already #1. Whatever :roll:

It's not #1, it's #101. The headline is misleading on purpose. It's teaching a lesson.

BN is #1 on the list of tracks that didn't make the top 100 songs. Which means the song is #101. Funny, right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

mjjamm

Quote from: "reasonables+luvs+MJ"

It's not #1, it's #101. The headline is misleading on purpose. It's teaching a lesson.

BN is #1 on the list of tracks that didn't make the top 100 songs. Which means the song is #101. Funny, right?

ITS ALL WRONG, ITS NOT EVEN IN THE BILLBOARD
The Sound Of Music
Soundtrack

IS ONE O ONE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjjamm

Breaking News," a preview track from Michael Jackson's forthcoming album "Michael," received instant airplay on more than 150 radio stations yesterday (Nov. 8), following its premiere on Jackson's website.

The song will appear on the King of Pop's first posthumous album of original material, due Dec. 14 on Epic Records. The cut will stream for one week on Jackson's site, where "Michael" is now available for pre-order.

Michael Jackson 'Breaking News' Song Debuts Online

According to Nielsen BDS, 151 U.S. stations sampled "Breaking News" yesterday on formats ranging from pop and R&B/hip-hop to adult, rock and oldies. The song received 246 plays in its first day of availability and reached an estimated 2.2 million listeners.

Taxi Productions-owned Adult R&B panelist KJLH/Los Angeles played "Breaking News" once yesterday. "Listener reaction was very mixed," says program director Terri Thomas. "Going forward, I don't think that the song is a hit. I think it's a novelty.

Michael Jackson: A Life in Photos

"People miss Jackson, but it's hard to compete with his classics and legacy," says Thomas.

Inner City Adult R&B reporter WBLS/New York likewise played "Breaking News" one time yesterday, lifting the audio from Jackson's site. "Our midday host, Egypt, played the song for listeners and was immediately flooded with calls and texts giving a mixed reaction," says program director Skip Dillard.

Michael Jackson's New Album Out Dec. 14

"WBLS listeners overall seemed to think that 'Breaking News' sounds 'unfinished' and is not a representation of the level of perfection that Michael sought in his music. Many listeners who responded asked to hear other tracks and said that they'll be interested to hear what else is on the upcoming album."

Both PDs cited the widespread speculation that the track's vocals may not be Jackson's throughout. As previously reported, Sony Music Group said that it has "complete confidence in the results of our extensive research, as well as the accounts of those who were in the studio with Michael, that the vocals on the new album are his own."

"Many listeners questioned whether it really is Jackson on the whole song," says Thomas.

"I had to listen a few times to make sure it was Jackson all the way through," says Dillard. "I could hear his voice but, at times, it sounded as if other voices were used to complete the track."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions