_Anna_

Re: TIAI 11/11
November 11, 2010, 01:29:26 PM
By the way, Eliza just posted on twitter today that the date has been postponed to December, but she didn't say the date.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 11, 2010, 01:33:52 PM
Thank you TS. :)
I understand the second one, the first one is a bit confusing.

Thanks trublu for the translation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

paula-c

November 11, 2010, 01:44:17 PM
Or probably this is to give spirit.
 Josue 1:8
 To ponder and to read day and night, and everything to go out well, it is not the routine ejercisio of "reading" is to ponder and to prepare itself to go out of this condition of discouragement and defeat that some of they of them have.

Josue 1:9
If you say that was because they would come difficult, difficult moments at the mental level.
People in these struggles as a kind of spiritual panic attack, the spiritual panic attack is when I begin to think or to doubt.
Opposite of courage was cowardice, and what God was saying is, I don't want you're coward, a coward leaves the battlefield, a coward is full of fears and anxieties.
God says, you don't have any fear, only that you I am asking is that you striving, because thy God anger with you where you want to go.

He will go with us, and how it will go with us, as we are going to know? "God" talk to us and we know what we do and when.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

November 11, 2010, 02:02:58 PM
~Souza~, isn't Crowley the father of Satanism and/or Occultism?  Just going from memory... I may be off.

Will post my thoughts on this redirect in a bit... nice to have you back TS (although I know you never left)  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

November 11, 2010, 02:30:10 PM
Quote from: "lilwendy"
~Souza~, isn't Crowley the father of Satanism and/or Occultism?  Just going from memory... I may be off.

Will post my thoughts on this redirect in a bit... nice to have you back TS (although I know you never left)  :D

Yeah, I am reading about this all now. It's a little confusing, I had never heard of the book or Crowley. I see him linked to occult, but when I search the meaning of occult I get this:

Occultism is the study of occult or hidden wisdom. To the occultist it is the study of "truth", a deeper truth that exists beneath the surface: "The truth is always hidden in plain sight". It can involve such subjects as magic (alternatively spelled and defined as magick), alchemy, extra-sensory perception, astrology, spiritualism, lithomancy, and numerology.
besides satanism. (I only read chapter one, but I do have a weird feeling about it. There are some things in it I agree with, yet the tone of it gives me the creeps and is in contradiction with those beliefs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 11, 2010, 03:06:41 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "Elsa"
Surely if TS meant anything other than the most straight forward meaning of the verse then he would have linked directly to those things.

I agree. I think it's a simple message. Keep reading the evidence and have faith and don't let anything discourage you, whatever happens. Stay strong and determined because the truth will prevail.

Even though it might not have any meaning regarding this redirect, I am reading that Book of the Law I posted just out of curiosity and it's interesting, although it is said to be written in 1904, which makes it impossible that a verse in the Bible would refer to it, and therefore not what TS means. It's a weird book, I have yet to figure out what the true meaning is behind it. Lots of it seems good, but the other half sounds selfish and even evil which gives me the creeps. I'll post my thoughts on it later for those interested.

I also hope that the message is simple and not associated with Aleister Crowley, I came across his work when looking at a number of symbolism in MJ art work (Tree of life...etc) and 777 numerology and it makes for some rather "dark" readings. I did not like what I read but ...if understanding it, is the way to the Truth then so be it!

I guess that if TS wants us to find out more about Crowley and his "work", he will do it in a more "direct" re-direct.

In the meanwhile, I shall take TS current redirect as a simple message of Faith, Courage and Love.  The "Book of the Law" within the context of the bible refers to the First 5 chapters of the old Testament said to have been written my Moses and which include the 10 commandments. By extrapolationJoshua 1.8, is often seen as a reference to the need for man to obey the 10 commandments to succeed in life and in the eyes of God.

And TS - nice to have you back! Keep us going in the right direction!  ;)

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

MissG

November 11, 2010, 03:14:00 PM
Quote from: "Gema"
The one I can see is the Liber AL vel legis Sub Figura CCXX.
This link I found.
May be makes no sense since we are talking about a Bible passage.

My opinion is what I posted in the beginning of the thread.

At this point I think that TS was refering to the Book of Joshua.

Or is he refering to the book of Joshua?
Author: The Book of Joshua does not explicitly name its author. More than likely Joshua the son of Nun, the successor of Moses as leader over Israel, penned much of this book. The latter part of the book was written by at least one other person after the death of Joshua. It is also possible that several sections were edited / compiled following Joshua's death.

Date of Writing: The Book of Joshua was likely written between 1400 and 1370 B.C.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

~Souza~

November 11, 2010, 03:27:35 PM
Quote from: "TheRunningGirl"
Quote from: "Elsa"
Surely if TS meant anything other than the most straight forward meaning of the verse then he would have linked directly to those things.

I agree. I think it's a simple message. Keep reading the evidence and have faith and don't let anything discourage you, whatever happens. Stay strong and determined because the truth will prevail.

Even though it might not have any meaning regarding this redirect, I am reading that Book of the Law I posted just out of curiosity and it's interesting, although it is said to be written in 1904, which makes it impossible that a verse in the Bible would refer to it, and therefore not what TS means. It's a weird book, I have yet to figure out what the true meaning is behind it. Lots of it seems good, but the other half sounds selfish and even evil which gives me the creeps. I'll post my thoughts on it later for those interested.

I also hope that the message is simple and not associated with Aleister Crowley, I came across his work when looking at a number of symbolism in MJ art work (Tree of life...etc) and 777 numerology and it makes for some rather "dark" readings. I did not like what I read but ...if understanding it, is the way to the Truth then so be it!

I guess that if TS wants us to find out more about Crowley and his "work", he will do it in a more "direct" re-direct.

In the meanwhile, I shall take TS current redirect as a simple message of Faith, Courage and Love.  The "Book of the Law" within the context of the bible refers to the First 5 chapters of the old Testament said to have been written my Moses and which include the 10 commandments. By extrapolationJoshua 1.8, is often seen as a reference to the need for man to obey the 10 commandments to succeed in life and in the eyes of God.

And TS - nice to have you back! Keep us going in the right direction!  ;)

With L.O.V.E

I agree, I don't think Crowley was meant by this redirect (although it's an interesting read and knowledge is power as they say, so reading doesn't hurt). I only posted it because it was the only "Book of the Law" I could find on the net, just in case it could be relevant (I hadn't read it yet).

I think the message is just a simple one and not one to look too much into. Just stay strong dispite all the confusion and disappointments and keep spreading the message.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
November 11, 2010, 05:05:52 PM
8 Never stop reciting these teachings. You must think about them night and day so that you will faithfully do everything written in them. Only then will you prosper and succeed.

9“I have commanded you, ‘Be strong and courageous! Don’t tremble or be terrified, because the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.’ ”

Dont believe everything you read.  Keep the faith.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

November 11, 2010, 06:58:03 PM
The Book of Joshua
The Book of Joshua is the sixth book of the Jewish scriptures and Christian Bible. It tells the story of how Joshua led the Israelites in their campaign to take the land of Canaan or modern day Palestine. The Israelites referred to the land of Canaan as the Promised Land because the Lord had promised that land to Abraham their founding father.

Joshua 1
The Lord promises Joshua He will be be with him; commands Joshua to follow the Book of the Law and to be strong and courageous. Joshua reminds the Reubenites, Gadites, and the half tribe of Manasseh of their responsibility to help the other tribes receive their inheritance.

The Book of the Law
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy are sometimes referred to as:

* the "Five Books of Moses," because the writings themselves identify the author as Moses, or
    * the "Pentateuch," a Greek term meaning "pente (5) teuchos (volumes)," or
    * the "Books of the Law", or
    * the "Torah" (a Hebrew word meaning "instruction")

These books were originally written as a single unbroken scroll. Sometime before the 2nd Century BCE, it was divided into the 5 books that we see today.

Leviticus is the book of Jewish law. While the Ten Commandments are in the book of Exodus & Deuteronomy. The Ark of the Covenant contains the  the Ten Commandments.

[attachment=0:1otsmozr]Ten commandments.png[/attachment:1otsmozr]

Islam
In Islam Moses (Musa) is venerated as one of the greatest prophets of God. However, Islam also teaches that the texts of the Torah and the Gospels have been corrupted from their divine originals over the years, due to carelessness and self-interest. Despite this purported corruption, messages from the Torah and the Gospels still coincide closely with certain verses in the Qur'an. This is by-and-large the case with the Ten Commandments. Consequently, despite the Ten Commandments not being explicitly mentioned in the Qur'an they are substantially similar to the following verses in the Qur'an (using Jewish numbering of the Commandments):

1. "There is no other god beside Allah." (Qur'an 47:19)

2. "My Lord, make this a peaceful land, and protect me and my children from worshiping idols." (Qur'an 14:35)

3. "And make not Allah's (name) an excuse in your oaths against doing good, or acting rightly, or making peace between persons; for Allah is One Who heareth and knoweth all things." (Qur'an 2:224) This quranic verse is not entirely analogous to the Old Testament's "You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God..." Verse 2:224 is explained by the Prophet Muhammad as: "If anyone takes a solemn oath [that he would do or refrain from doing such-and such a thing], and thereupon realizes that something else would be a more righteous course, then let him do that which is more righteous, and let him break his oath and then atone for it" (Bukhari and Muslim; and other variants of the same Tradition in other compilations).

4. "O you who believe, when the Congregational Prayer (Salat Al-Jumu`ah) is announced on Friday, you shall hasten to the commemoration of GOD, and drop all business." (Qur'an 62:9) According to the teachings of Islam, the Sabbath was abrogated by the revelation for Muhammed. Furthermore, the Sabbath was only decreed for the Jews. (Qur'an 16:124) God, however, ordered Muslims to make every effort to drop all business to attend the congregational (Friday) prayer. Believers are permitted to go about their affairs during the rest of the day.

5. "....and your parents shall be honoured. As long as one or both of them live, you shall never (even) say to them, "Uff" (the slightest gesture of annoyance), nor shall you shout at them; you shall treat them amicably." (Qur'an 17:23)

6. "....anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people." (Qur'an 5:32)

7. "You shall not commit adultery; it is a gross sin, and an evil behaviour." (Qur'an 17:32)

8. "They shall not steal." (Al-Mumtahanah 60: 12) and "The thief, male or female, you shall cut off their hands as a punishment for their crime, and to serve as an example from God. God is Almighty, Most Wise." (Qur'an 5:38)

9. "Do not withhold any testimony by concealing what you had witnessed. Anyone who withholds a testimony is sinful at heart." (Qur'an 2:283)

10. "And do not covet what we bestowed upon any other people. Such are temporary ornaments of this life, whereby we put them to the test. What your Lord provides for you is far better, and everlasting." (Qur'an 20:131)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Im_convincedmjalive

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
November 11, 2010, 07:01:13 PM
The Book of the law is the Bible. It helps when you read the commentary. ;)

Joshua 1:8
8 This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success.

God promises to assist Joshua.

Joshua is to make the law of God his rule. He is charged to meditate therein day and night, that he might understand it. Whatever affairs of this world we have to mind, we must not neglect the one thing needful. All his orders to the people, and his judgments, must be according to the law of God. Joshua must himself be under command; no man's dignity or dominion sets him above the law of God. He is to encourage himself with the promise and presence of God.

Let not the sense of thine own infirmities dishearten thee; God is all-sufficient. I have commanded, called, and commissioned thee to do it, and will be sure to bear thee out in it. When we are in the way of duty, we have reason to be strong and very bold. Our Lord Jesus, as Joshua here, was borne up under his sufferings by a regard to the will of God, and the commandment from his Father

Joshua 1:9 (Amplified Bible)
9 Have not I commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Peace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

November 11, 2010, 07:24:02 PM

I think TS is be referring to Michael's message (Michael's Book of Law), yet there is a "Book of the Law", here it is, it might be relevant

The Bible passage does not refer to the writings of Aleister Crowley and his "Book of the Law" it refers to Gods "Book of the Law"

Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley, born Edward Alexander Crowley, and also known as both Frater Perdurabo and The Great Beast, was an influential English occultist, mystic and ceremonial magician, responsible for founding the religious philosophy of Thelema. Through this belief he came to see himself as the prophet who was entrusted with informing humanity that it was entering the new Aeon of Horus in 1904, a time when old ethical and religious systems would be replaced. Widely seen as one of the most influential occultists of all time, he was a member of the esoteric Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, as well as a co-founder of the A∴A∴ and eventually a leader of Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.). He is known today for his magical writings, especially The Book of the Law, the central sacred text of Thelema, although he also wrote widely on other subjects, including a large amount of fiction and poetry.

Crowley was also a bisexual, recreational drug experimenter and social critic. In many of these roles he "was in revolt against the moral and religious values of his time", espousing a form of libertinism based upon the rule of "Do What Thou Wilt". Because of this, he gained widespread notoriety during his lifetime, and was denounced in the popular press of the day as "the wickedest man in the world." Alongside his esoteric activities, he was an avid chess player, mountaineer, poet and playwright, and it has also been alleged that he was a spy for the British government.

Crowley has remained an influential figure right up till this day, and in 2002, a BBC poll described him as being the seventy-third greatest Briton of all time. References to him can be found in the works of numerous writers, musicians and filmmakers, and he has also been cited as a key influence on many later esoteric groups and individuals, including Kenneth Grant, Gerald Gardner and, to some degree, Austin Osman Spare.

Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn
The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (or, more commonly, the Golden Dawn) was a magical order active in Great Britain during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, which practiced theurgy and spiritual development. It has been one of the largest single influences on 20th-century Western occultism.Concepts of magic and ritual at the center of contemporary traditions, such as Wicca and Thelema, were inspired by the Golden Dawn.

The three founders, William Robert Woodman, William Wynn Westcott, and Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers were Freemasons and members of Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia (S.R.I.A.). Westcott appears to have been the initial driving force behind the establishment of the Golden Dawn.

The Golden Dawn system was based on hierarchy and initiation like the Masonic Lodges, however women were admitted on an equal basis with men. The "Golden Dawn" was the first of three Orders, although all three are often collectively referred to as the "Golden Dawn". The First Order taught esoteric philosophy based on the Hermetic Qabalah and personal development through study and awareness of the four Classical Elements as well as the basics of astrology, tarot divination, and geomancy. The Second or "Inner" Order, the Rosae Rubeae et Aureae Crucis (the Ruby Rose and Cross of Gold), taught proper magic, including scrying, astral travel, and alchemy. The Third Order was that of the "Secret Chiefs", who were said to be highly skilled but no longer incarnate; they supposedly directed the activities of the lower two orders by spirit communication with the Chiefs of the Second Order.

A.]
The A.:A.: is a magical order that Aleister Crowley created in 1907 after leaving the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. The acronym,A.:A.:, has been attributed many meanings (see table below). The order is a Thelemic magical fraternity, the goals of which are the pursuit of light and knowledge. Its motto is: "The method of science, the aim of religion."[2] The holy book of the order is Liber AL vel Legis (in English, The Book of the Law). While the A∴A∴ is not part of Ordo Templi Orientis, O.T.O. does consider the A∴A∴ to be a close ally.

Ordo Templi Orientis
Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.) (Order of the Temple of the East, or the Order of Oriental Templars) is an international fraternal and religious organization founded at the beginning of the 20th century. English author and occultist Aleister Crowley has become the most well known member of the order.

Originally it was intended to be modelled after and associated with Freemasonry, but under the leadership of Aleister Crowley, O.T.O. was reorganized around the Law of Thelema as its central religious principle. This Law—expressed as “Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" and "Love is the law, love under will”—was promulgated in 1904 with the dictation of The Book of the Law.

Similar to many secret societies, O.T.O. membership is based on an initiatory system with a series of degree ceremonies that use ritual drama to establish fraternal bonds and impart spiritual and philosophical teachings. O.T.O. also includes the Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica (EGC) or Gnostic Catholic Church, which is the ecclesiastical arm of the Order. Its central rite, which is public, is called Liber XV, or the Gnostic Mass.

Thelema
Thelema is a religious philosophy that was developed by the early 20th century British writer and ceremonial magician Aleister Crowley. He believed himself to be the prophet of a new age, the Æon of Horus, based upon a religious experience that he had in Egypt in 1904. By his account, a possibly non-corporeal being that called itself Aiwass contacted him and dictated a text known as The Book of the Law or Liber AL vel Legis, which outlined the principles of Thelema.

Thelema is essentially a polytheistic religion, with the deities adopted from Ancient Egyptian religion, namely Nuit, Hadit and Ra-Hoor-Khuit. The faith follows the idea that the 20th century marked the beginning of the Aeon of Horus, in which a new ethical code would be followed; "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law". This statement indicated that followers, who are known as Thelemites, should seek out and follow their own True Will rather than their ego's desires. The religion also emphasizes the ritual practice of Magick as well as mysticism.

The word "Thelema" itself is the English transliteration of the Koine Greek noun "will", from the verb to will, wish, purpose. As Crowley developed the religion, founding an organization known as the A.:A.: to propagate it, he wrote widely on the topic, producing what are collectively termed the Holy Books of Thelema. He also included into it ideas from occultism, Yoga and both Eastern and Western mysticism, especially the Qabalah. Thelemites — and other people — have interpreted and applied Crowley’s work in widely different ways, sometimes leading to harsh disagreements.
Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:27:41 PM by Serenitys_Dream
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

November 11, 2010, 07:26:01 PM
I know that SD, I posted that somewhere in the thread, since Crowley's Book of the Law is written in 1904 and therefore it is impossible to be referred to in the Bible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

November 11, 2010, 07:29:08 PM
I know that SD, I posted that somewhere in the thread, since Crowley's Book of the Law is written in 1904 and therefore it is impossible to be referred to in the Bible.
Okay sorry, I missed that. I was just a little shocked by the Aleister Crowley reference cause he wasn`t exactly someone I would consider a lovable kind of guy.  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

navibl

November 11, 2010, 07:40:06 PM
Any verse in the Bible that speaks of the Law is refering to the 10 Commandments.  Remember Michael's message is simple!  It is no mystery just 10 commandements that God gave to Moses on Mount Siani, when he lead the Children of Israel out of Bondage from the Land of Egypt.  

God told Joshua to remember these laws and keep them, and in doing so their life would be prosperous.  If they were not kept there was punishment.  When God sent his son Jesus, Jesus gave us only two commandments.  Love God with all our heart and Love one another.  Loving God covers the first 4 commandments.  Loving one another cover the remaining 6.

So Michael's message of bringing LOVE back into the world would cover what God spoke to Joshua in the first verse.  A very simple message.  It is the LOVE part that we seem to have trouble with.  Because when you truly LOVE someone the 10 commandments are laws that naturally kept. If we keep these laws our lives would truly be prosperous.

Now the Jews wrote additional books of Laws that were designed to assist man in keeping the 10.  So for instance, thou shalt not steal.  There were laws written about behavior that would bring punishment should someone steal.  So there were written many books about how to keep the Law but were not the books refered to in the bible as the Law.

Let us practice LOVE....

Victoria
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions