mjkateTopic starter

IMO Oprah Interview Proves Michael is Alive
November 11, 2010, 10:01:46 AM
I have thought long and hard about this post and have written it several times in the past when I have seen the children in public speaking or being photo graphed. I am the mother of 2 girls 11 and 13. We are a private family and my girls are sheltered and protected. They are a little naive and innocent because of that but we are around to protect them until we feel it's time and they are ready to be exposed to the "real" world where things aren't maybe as rosy. But we want to take our time before we gently ease them into some of the more harsher sides of life. When I see Michael's children in public situations (the funeral, the grammy awards, pictures at restaurants, and now Oprah) I think about the laws that would be in place to protect minor children. If MJ was not around, I don't believe social services or professional psychologists or his family would believe that these situations would be good for orphaned children who have been without the love and protection of their doting father for the last year. I don't care if it's Hollywood or scmollywood. Young children's emotions are not to be messed with whether the young children think they are ready for Oprah or not. Children's brains are not fully developed until they are in their early 20's and they are not capable of making sound decisions. A tramatic event like losing a cherished father at that young age is a child's nightmare and what they need is love, support, snuggling, protection and most of all shelter from prying eyes and the media. Little Blanket is 8 for goodness sake and clearly did not want to be on Oprah. Prince didn't look like he was comfortable either. While Paris looked and sounded mature, there was a nervousness to her and there have got to be laws that would protect these children from media circuses like this. I know that Michael has to be alive these children would not be seen out at all. He showed them to us in June of 09 and that must have been  his turning point in allowing them out with his blessing as long as he is with them (for the hoax or it was just time) Am I making sense? Basically a long story short. If Michael is not alive there is no way Debbie Rowe or Katherine would be able to condone letting the children awkwardly answer the questions of a stranger in a media circus. There was nothing said by any of the children that was all that necessary. We all saw them at the memorial and to me that was enough. Paris's testimonial said it all and they should have left it at that unless MJ thought more needed to be said.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: IMO Oprah Interview Proves Michael is Alive
November 11, 2010, 10:43:48 AM
That may be true however I disagree with you when say children cannot think for themselves until about 20, you are wrong.

As far your young children all parents want to shelter and protect their children, however you need to let reins go on your children because if you look at half of the children whom was sheltered fromt eh world they did not or do no come out all the great.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkateTopic starter

November 11, 2010, 10:51:34 AM
I didn't say children can't think for themselves. Why did you say I said that? I said (and it is has been scientifically proven as fact) that our brains are not fully developed until our early 20's. Therefore scientists say that we have to be careful when it comes to important decisions during those early ages. To me (and I said imo) I think these are some important decisions at a young age for Michaels kids. I don't know what you are getting at with your second point. Michaels kids were sheltered and protected and out of harms way. Why would that mean that wouldn't turn out well? And why would that mean mine won't. Mine are thriving thank you very much.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 11, 2010, 11:30:20 AM
Loosing a parent is terrible, but in no way should a child be hidden from the world. I'm not a psychologist, but I think experiencing new things and going to new places is a positive thing, it would be much worse if those kids stayed home and stared into empty space all day long.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 11, 2010, 12:08:51 PM
I've been lurking here for a while but felt this was the perfect thread to make my first post.  So, hello everybody!

Personally I think that the less you shelter kids, the better.
I don't have any kids, so what do I know?
Well, I do know that I was not sheltered growing up.  I had 2 great parents that were very straight with me about everything.  They told me the right and wrong and the consequences for certain actions and situations, then let me learn from my mistakes.  I've never been in trouble with the law, I never joined a gang, and I didn't knock any girls up.  Also, I never OD'd on drugs, though I have been known to have a good time every once in a while.  I just know my limits.
And that brings me to my point.
I had several friends growing up who were sheltered and did have very controlling parents.  As soon as they were of the age of adolescents they lashed out and rebelled. A couple of them did several stints in Juvi, and eventually spent some time in jail.  All of them have some sort of drug problem, and a couple of them had kids right out of high school. One actually became a parent her junior year.
All I'm saying is, if you give a kid reason to rebel- they will.  But if there is no need to rebel, it will be less appealing.  Not saying some people aren't predisposed to making bad decisions, but if they are raised knowing that every action comes with a reaction or consequence they will generally be a lot smarter in their life decision making.

All that being said, and I could have said a lot more:
Think about it, if he is dead, and Kathering and Joe are now in charge.  MJ and his brothers were in the public spotlight from a very young age.  Mostly because Joe allowed it, but Katherine didn't put up much of a fight against it.  So what's to stop Joe and Katherine from putting his kids through the same thing?
Joe has already expressed a few times that he wants to make stars out of Michael's kids.  If anything I'd say that the kids are being forced to be in the public eye at this point.  Even though it's something they may want in the future, you're right they did seem uncomfortable with it at the moment.

And I'm not saying that your opinions of parenting are wrong, and I hope it works out for you.  I'm just saying that not all parents are like you, and its very obvious that the Jackson family has no concerns about  keeping too much of their private business private.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ fan since birth, February 1982.

trublu

November 11, 2010, 12:25:23 PM
I think there are pros and cons to each approach. Personally, I had an extremely liberal upbringing. So liberal in fact that some people find it difficult to understand. I was allowed to go out at quite a young age and hang around with older people. I smoked my first ciggarette, and even my first joint with my mother. Some people could say this is irreponsible on my mothers behalf and they may be right. The point is my mother taught me the most important thing and that is LOVE and something I can never forget. I turned out just fine. (IMO lol) :lol:

Now let's compare my upbringing to the upbringing of a close friend. She was not allowed drinking or to nightclubs until she had left home at 18. (bearing in mind drinking here in France just isn't as much as a big deal as places like America). She felt left out and embarassed by her parents as she was not able to do the things that all her peers were doing. She went to university at 18 and kind of went a bit wild with drugs and alcohol for a couple of years. After she had got it out of her system and now no longer takes drugs, does still drink from time to time but knows her limits. She has told me she 'hated' her parents when she was growing up, but now she has a great respect for them trying to not let her get into trouble and and for caring about her so much.

We concluded that somewhere between is probably the right mix.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjboogie

November 11, 2010, 12:32:02 PM
I have often wondered why MJ started revealing the kids faces right before he died! I believe that we agreed that it was because he may have felt the kids were getting older and it is time to show them but..........for some reason it was the timing you know? I mean almost as if MJ "knew" what was to be. :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

November 11, 2010, 12:42:14 PM
Quote from: "mjkate"
I have thought long and hard about this post and have written it several times in the past when I have seen the children in public speaking or being photo graphed. I am the mother of 2 girls 11 and 13. We are a private family and my girls are sheltered and protected. They are a little naive and innocent because of that but we are around to protect them until we feel it's time and they are ready to be exposed to the "real" world where things aren't maybe as rosy. But we want to take our time before we gently ease them into some of the more harsher sides of life. When I see Michael's children in public situations (the funeral, the grammy awards, pictures at restaurants, and now Oprah) I think about the laws that would be in place to protect minor children. If MJ was not around, I don't believe social services or professional psychologists or his family would believe that these situations would be good for orphaned children who have been without the love and protection of their doting father for the last year. I don't care if it's Hollywood or scmollywood. Young children's emotions are not to be messed with whether the young children think they are ready for Oprah or not. Children's brains are not fully developed until they are in their early 20's and they are not capable of making sound decisions. A tramatic event like losing a cherished father at that young age is a child's nightmare and what they need is love, support, snuggling, protection and most of all shelter from prying eyes and the media. Little Blanket is 8 for goodness sake and clearly did not want to be on Oprah. Prince didn't look like he was comfortable either. While Paris looked and sounded mature, there was a nervousness to her and there have got to be laws that would protect these children from media circuses like this. I know that Michael has to be alive these children would not be seen out at all. He showed them to us in June of 09 and that must have been  his turning point in allowing them out with his blessing as long as he is with them (for the hoax or it was just time) Am I making sense? Basically a long story short. If Michael is not alive there is no way Debbie Rowe or Katherine would be able to condone letting the children awkwardly answer the questions of a stranger in a media circus. There was nothing said by any of the children that was all that necessary. We all saw them at the memorial and to me that was enough. Paris's testimonial said it all and they should have left it at that unless MJ thought more needed to be said.

i think michael also understood the profoundly negative effect of societies seeming insistance on requiring children to grow up too fast  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

November 11, 2010, 01:29:06 PM
Quote from: "mjboogie"
I have often wondered why MJ started revealing the kids faces right before he died! I believe that we agreed that it was because he may have felt the kids were getting older and it is time to show them but..........for some reason it was the timing you know? I mean almost as if MJ "knew" what was to be. :?

It's my belief that showing the kids before June 25th was intentional even though we've been told otherwise. I don't think it had anything to do with them being at an age to decide to be seen. I think it was because of the hoax and the part they'd play. The world needed a glimpse beforehand of what the children looked like. If we didn't see them before the tabloids would have been even more ruthless trying to get that first shot of them. However, this is just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

mjkateTopic starter

November 11, 2010, 02:25:52 PM
Yes I believe it was for the hoax too however I also don't think he would have done so if they weren't ready for that. He didn't bring Blanket along that day. He had a very strong opinion about how he felt he should parent. Meals with children, looking into their eyes every day and telling the children he loved them, reading them a lot of books, all snuggling in one bed watching movies, bringing them with him wherever he went, instillng important life lessons, only letting them watch certain tv channels, drinking alcohol out of a pop can so the kids didn't see him drinking, not parading them around in public or letting them be raised by nannies. That is what I mean by "shelter". Certain Hollywood kids who shall remain nameless, who were not sheltered like this by their parents, have not had a good time of it because they had to grow up to fast and saw too much. Anyone who parents like MJ, would never allow their children to be interviewed by Oprah Winfrey, unless they were alive to supervise. There would be no way UNLESS THIS IS A HOAX, that Katherine would disrespect MJ's wishes about that, or any way that their psychologist (that the court supposedly appointed) would allow it or Debbie Rowe if she has any say, or Grace if she is still around, or 3T who say they are carrying out Michael's wishes. They would all know Michael's wishes and they would be able to see that it would be of no benefit to the children who are 8, 12 and 13, to answer some stupid questions from a curious stranger. Unless of course it is a hoax.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 11, 2010, 04:01:53 PM
The kids faces were seen waaaay before 2009, I think as far back as 2007 there were pictures of the kids on the internet with or without Michael. I just think he didn't see a reason to make them keep wearing the masks anymore. I don't think it has anything to do with the hoax.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkateTopic starter

November 11, 2010, 04:16:56 PM
the masks issue is a sub point. Oh well. I tried to make a heartfelt post as this issue was important to me. The most important thing in this whole (hopefully hoax) thing for me has been the children. It broke my heart when I thought Michael died because I knew how much he loved and needed and cherished those kids. It made me sick to think that they were going to potentially in ways he would be dread. He was trying to raise them exactly the opposite of how he was raised. It also broke my heart that 3 little sweet children lost their beloved dad. I really wish that there were some parents like me out there who would comment. If this is not a hoax then there is a big problem with how those kids are going to be raised. One case in point is allowing them to be on that stupid Oprah show to expose and exploit them. The only way it is ok is if Michael is behind the scenes supervising. Otherwise, even if the kids wanted to do, they should have been disuaded.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 11, 2010, 04:19:23 PM
Quote from: "purplerain_84"
The kids faces were seen waaaay before 2009, I think as far back as 2007 there were pictures of the kids on the internet with or without Michael. I just think he didn't see a reason to make them keep wearing the masks anymore. I don't think it has anything to do with the hoax.

I agree.  The veils had to go at some point, sooner or later... And as the children got older, they might have gotten more embarrassed or self-conscious about the veils, and told MJ "Come on, dad!  This isn't cool anymore".  Who knows.

IF MJ is dead, then certain things don't apply anymore... such as the distance from Debbie.  (Katherine seemed to re-introduce Debbie into the kids' life.)  So I'm really not sure that Katherine wouldn't "disrespect" any of Michael's wishes... She allowed the kids to attend public school, she said she never liked the veils & she didn't approve of Michael's plastic surgery (or at least not all of it) etc.  And I actually think MJ would be FURIOUS to know that his mom spoke of his plastic surgery, and claimed that he got more than 2 surgeries!  That actually made me go Hmm... and not in a good way.  (Same with the skin whitening, which Katherine seemed somewhat ignorant about.)

As much as I want everything to fit the hoax idea, it seems to me that some things do and some things don't.  I hope time will bring clarity.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 11, 2010, 04:30:17 PM
Quote from: "mjkate"
the masks issue is a sub point. Oh well. I tried to make a heartfelt post as this issue was important to me. The most important thing in this whole (hopefully hoax) thing for me has been the children. It broke my heart when I thought Michael died because I knew how much he loved and needed and cherished those kids. It made me sick to think that they were going to potentially in ways he would be dread. He was trying to raise them exactly the opposite of how he was raised. It also broke my heart that 3 little sweet children lost their beloved dad. I really wish that there were some parents like me out there who would comment. If this is not a hoax then there is a big problem with how those kids are going to be raised. One case in point is allowing them to be on that stupid Oprah show to expose and exploit them. The only way it is ok is if Michael is behind the scenes supervising. Otherwise, even if the kids wanted to do, they should have been disuaded.

You have a good point, mjkate.  The children looked uncomfortable and didn't seem to want to speak with Oprah!  (They let her know too, in not-so-subtle ways.)  This Oprah interview with Katherine and the children bothers me... If MJ is behind it, what is/was the point?!  I didn't see any remarkable statements being made.  I can see why LMP would go on Oprah, but not why Katherine or MJ's children would go... especially in light of Oprah's past treatment of Michael.  I would think that MJ has other - and possibly better - channels to put out messages, if he wants to.  He's got connections!  And the timing of those molestation shows of Oprah's angers me...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkateTopic starter

November 11, 2010, 04:58:31 PM
I know I feel that way too. Just to tell the world that he was a good dad again? I felt that Paris did a great job of that at the memorial and the way they conducted themselves at the funeral the grammy awards was enough for me. All they really added was that he cooked breakfast and went for walks and special outings which wouldn't convince me of anything if  was a detractor. I am only just thinking this now but what if the family is worried about what may come out at the trial and they wanted to proactively have a few things out there to head off any potential stories that might be derogatory. LMP helped a little bit because she said he was normal and he tried really hard to make the married work and he had qualities about him that were intoxicating.The Katherine spoke of the plastic surgery (maybe it will come out that he had a lot and she wanted to take the edge off that and explain why he may have skirted the truth) and the skin whitening. You could imagine all of that will get dragged up. She also addressed the drugs and the beatings. The the kids said he was the best dad ever. So possibly those are the 5 things the family wanted the chance to speak about before they all become great big issues again when the trial gets started. Not a bad approach if you look at that way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions