Oh, and I think we should also send some to: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. That's a local independent radio station where I live, I can just imagine them reporting this..
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

I sent the letter today and now I received an e-mail back from them.
Maybe some of you received it too.

Dear Anna,
Thank you for your email regarding This Morning.
I can confirm that I have forwarded your email to the This Morning production office for their attention.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV as we always welcome viewers’ feedback.

Regards

ITV VIEWER SERVICES - GDL
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

8-) I already start with my bombardment of emails .. 8-)  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It's an automated reply.  I got the same one this morning.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Kanye West as reported in The Sun today under the headline "Kanye West Loses The Plot...Again".  I think the underlined section speaks for itself.

"Do you guys see what I'm saying now? This is just a small slice of the day-to-day bulls*** that goes on that helps to precipitate the idea that (I'm) such an a******. Cause when I don't perform 'Oh now I'm the one that's crazy or a jerk.'"
He added, "I don't hate Matt Lauer... They made a mistake. They thought they could pull it (off) but they couldn't. That was just a small representation of a bigger media play that's been going on since the beginning of time... Much love to Matt and the whole Today Show. I accept ya'll future apology in advance."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

Tarja

I just received an answer

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry that you were offended by the comments made by Kelvin McKenzie on This Morning on 9 November. We accept that his comments about Michael Jackson caused offence to some viewers, which we regret.

However, when Mr McKenzie gave his opinion on the safety of children formerly in the care of Michael Jackson, and referred to the well known allegations that were made about him, the programme’s presenter Philip Schofield did point out immediately that Michael Jackson was not found guilty in relation to those allegations, and that no-one knows that any children in his care would be at risk.  Following Mr McKenzie’s further comment that Michael Jackson’s children will have a better life without him, Philip challenged him again, and said the children would obviously disagree with Mr McKenzie’s “tough words”.  He also invited viewers to give their views on Mr McKenzie’s comments, making clear that these were not expressed by the programme but by Mr McKenzie in a personal capacity.  Later on in the programme, a comment was read out from a viewer who strongly disagreed with Mr McKenzie’s views.

Although we acknowledge Mr McKenzie’s comments were offensive to some viewers, they were challenged and contextualised immediately by the presenter.  In the context of a spontaneous live discussion about a highly controversial (and deceased) celebrity, arising from a talking point in the news (namely the Jackson children’s recent TV interview with Oprah Winfrey), we consider that the programme overall exhibited balance.  Whilst we appreciate that some viewers, particularly fans of Michael Jackson, would strongly disagree with Mr McKenzie’s personal opinions, we do not agree that the programme was inaccurate as such (as the comments were clearly expressed as opinion) or that it breached generally accepted standards.  Overall the presenters and the other contributor (Lesley Joseph) were supportive of the children’s decision to be interviewed and stated that they were well-adjusted and had expressed their love for their father.

Regards

This Morning Programme
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]I won\'t be using this account/ID name anymore. My name is Yulia, for who wants to know. Souza, you can delete this account if you want to.I\'m not using it anymore.[/size]

_Anna_

I received it too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"
Are there people who will volunteer writing the letter?

I emailed you that I did send mines yesterday.

Here is my response today:

Thank you for your email regarding This Morning

I have passed this on to the This Morning production Office

Their direct contact details for your information are:

Tel 08000 30 40 44 (0900 to 1230 Monday to Friday)

Email: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login where we will be happy to discuss your requirement and / or endeavour to provide a suitable alternative.

ITV Viewer Services | ITV plc
Tel: 0844 88 14150  |  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hours of Opening: 08.00 - 19.00 Mon-Fri, 10.00 - 19.00 Sat. Closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays.  

ITV plc Head Office Tel +44 (0) 20 7157 3000 itv.com

Please consider the environment before printing this email
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ok, wait a minute. Is this the same Charles Thomas that was posted on a previous post here? I listened to the interview but I didn't hear anything that he said that was slandering MJ. Ok, I must have missed something.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "Infinitylady"
Ok, wait a minute. Is this the same Charles Thomas that was posted on a previous post here? I listened to the interview but I didn't hear anything that he said that was slandering MJ. Ok, I must have missed something.

No, he talks about McKenzie, who slandered MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "Infinitylady"

No, he talks about McKenzie, who slandered MJ.

Oh, ok. LOL! 4give me.  I have had a sort interesting day 2day, my mind is in another world. Let me bring it back. LOL!  :lol: Thank you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Here's another response that I received from emailing them.
Wed, November 24, 2010 11:15:55 AMKELVIN MACKENZIE
From: "Stroud-Caules, Edith" <edith.stroud-caules@itv.com>Add to Contacts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are very sorry that you were offended by the comments made by Kelvin McKenzie on This Morning on 9 November. We accept that his comments about Michael Jackson caused offence to some viewers, which we regret.

However, when Mr McKenzie gave his opinion on the safety of children formerly in the care of Michael Jackson, and referred to the well known allegations that were made about him, the programme’s presenter Philip Schofield did point out immediately that Michael Jackson was not found guilty in relation to those allegations, and that no-one knows that any children in his care would be at risk.  Following Mr McKenzie’s further comment that Michael Jackson’s children will have a better life without him, Philip challenged him again, and said the children would obviously disagree with Mr McKenzie’s “tough words”.  He also invited viewers to give their views on Mr McKenzie’s comments, making clear that these were not expressed by the programme but by Mr McKenzie in a personal capacity.  Later on in the programme, a comment was read out from a viewer who strongly disagreed with Mr McKenzie’s views.

Although we acknowledge Mr McKenzie’s comments were offensive to some viewers, they were challenged and contextualised immediately by the presenter.  In the context of a spontaneous live discussion about a highly controversial (and deceased) celebrity, arising from a talking point in the news (namely the Jackson children’s recent TV interview with Oprah Winfrey), we consider that the programme overall exhibited balance.  Whilst we appreciate that some viewers, particularly fans of Michael Jackson, would strongly disagree with Mr McKenzie’s personal opinions, we do not agree that the programme was inaccurate as such (as the comments were clearly expressed as opinion) or that it breached generally accepted standards.  Overall the presenters and the other contributor (Lesley Joseph) were supportive of the children’s decision to be interviewed and stated that they were well-adjusted and had expressed their love for their father.

Regards

This Morning Programme

Edith Stroud-Caules | Viewers Enquiries Co-Ordinator | ITV Studios | ITV plc
Tel: 0207 928 3137  |  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Infinitylady - thank you for sharing this with us. This angers me that they believe this was done in "balance". What balance and good taste is in saying that Michael's children are better off with their father dead?

This just shows the deep decline that we as a society have reached to believe that degrading comments and rude, crude, slanderous remarks are accepted practice and that it's okay to bash the integrity of an innocent man all in the name of discussion.

I'm not surprised by this reaction but I am disappointed. At least we've started to do our part in speaking out against these injustices and even if nothing ever becomes of this we still need to be the voice of reason crying in the wilderness.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Infinitylady - thank you for sharing this with us. This angers me that they believe this was done in "balance". What balance and good taste is in saying that Michael's children are better off with their father dead?

This just shows the deep decline that we as a society have reached to believe that degrading comments and rude, crude, slanderous remarks are accepted practice and that it's okay to bash the integrity of an innocent man all in the name of discussion.

I'm not surprised by this reaction but I am disappointed. At least we've started to do our part in speaking out against these injustices and even if nothing ever becomes of this we still need to be the voice of reason crying in the wilderness.

yes, I agree.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

FITA

I sent the recommended letter to itv on November 16, and recieved the following response on November 17 (exact quote; note the last statement following the contact info):

Regards

This Morning Programme

Edith Stroud-Caules | Viewers Enquiries Co-Ordinator | ITV Studios | ITV plcTel: 0207 928 3137  |  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In order to heal the world, we must each have unconditional L.O.V.E. for everyone.  Unconditional L.O.V.E. in each of us will lead to true and lasting inner and outer peace and true and lasting freedom.  Love never fails.  Pursue love.  1 Corinthians 13]

http]

http]

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal