suspicious mind

Re: "The Man in the Mirror" (a look at us)
November 06, 2010, 10:59:57 PM
these answers make me feel kind of weird. i really never gave michael a hugh amount of thought over the years but i vividly remember when some of the parts from bashir program were played ,i believe during the trial or just  before  i could completely understand what michael was trying to convey about what was happening with kids being made to grow up too fast ect. i could even get what he meant about sleeping in the same bed. and trust me i am not one to be loose about that kind of stuff. my kids especially at that time had barely ever spent any time out of my sight. i can not understand how i was able to connect with what he was saying and get it.

that has been one of the saddest parts for me that i missed seeing so much of his work when it was fresh and new. but maybe if i had i would have fallen prey to the tabloid bs. idk
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

November 06, 2010, 11:10:33 PM
Quote from: "truthprevails"
Quote from: "reasonables+luvs+MJ"
I haven't hear of the name Michael Jackson until June 25, 2009... so... :oops:

Um, hmm, are you sure you're not pranking me?   ;)  Do you have a TV set in your home?  Radio?  Or maybe cousins who have a TV set or radio?

I certainly wasn't prepared for this - i.e. someone on this forum not hearing of MJ prior to 6/25/2009.  :oops:  I imagined that anyone old enough to be here would have heard of MJ before then.  If you're telling the truth, then I apologize I didn't include that option in the poll... Your answer, in the form of this post, will count.  You simply heaven't heard... Got it.  :D

I'm not kidding around. Yeah, I have TVs, but I wasn't watching the news before 6-25-09, so... . When I first heard that he was 'dead', I was like, "Who is that. That name doesn't ring a bell", but when I turned to the news and heard that he was (cough)dead (cough), that's when I found out that he...was...the King of Pop and he's the reason why I listen to pop.

***ugg, I remember that day like it was yesterday. I don't think I ever cried that much over a two-month period time; I mean I was crying EVERYDAY, especially when I heard Usher and Jermaine sing at the memorial... I broke out.***
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

November 06, 2010, 11:13:15 PM
Quote from: "suspicious mind"
these answers make me feel kind of weird. i really never gave michael a hugh amount of thought over the years but i vividly remember when some of the parts from bashir program were played ,i believe during the trial or just  before  i could completely understand what michael was trying to convey about what was happening with kids being made to grow up too fast ect. i could even get what he meant about sleeping in the same bed. and trust me i am not one to be loose about that kind of stuff. my kids especially at that time had barely ever spent any time out of my sight. i can not understand how i was able to connect with what he was saying and get it.

that has been one of the saddest parts for me that i missed seeing so much of his work when it was fresh and new. but maybe if i had i would have fallen prey to the tabloid bs. idk

Thank you for sharing that, suspicious mind.  I think some people are natural empaths who instinctively understand certain things... Maybe you are one of them!  No need to vote if you don't feel comfortable doing so... Posting an answer instead, with whatever you wish to express, is great.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 06, 2010, 11:15:17 PM
I voted number 2.  I never really followed Michael's personal life and dont watch television that much I am a book person I love to read but not the tabloid trash.  I was never interested in things like that so I never really knew what was going on with him personally but I can honesty say with no hesitation that I always and I mean always loved his music.  I remember my older sister taking us to the movies to watch that movie with the rats and I loved Ben from the first time I heard it.  I also fell in love with "She's out of my life" too and then Spechless.  My whole family knew how much I loved Michael Jackson's songs.  So I can say in a sense that I have always been a fan of his music.  I heard some of the stories about him but I refused to ever believed anything about him that I heard because I thought that for someone to have such beautiful songs had to be a beautiful person inside.  I remember watching their cartoons and also their variety show that's how much I loved Michael Jackson's music and him.  As I grew older the love for his music was still there it never faltered up to now but like I said I never really kept up to date with his personal life.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 06, 2010, 11:18:45 PM

Um, hmm, are you sure you're not pranking me?   ;)  Do you have a TV set in your home?  Radio?  Or maybe cousins who have a TV set or radio?

I certainly wasn't prepared for this - i.e. someone on this forum not hearing of MJ prior to 6/25/2009.  :oops:  I imagined that anyone old enough to be here would have heard of MJ before then.  If you're telling the truth, then I apologize I didn't include that option in the poll... Your answer, in the form of this post, will count.  You simply heaven't heard... Got it.  :D

I'm not kidding around. Yeah, I have TVs, but I wasn't watching the news before 6-25-09, so... . When I first heard that he was 'dead', I was like, "Who is that. That name doesn't ring a bell", but when I turned to the news and heard that he was (cough)dead (cough), that's when I found out that he...was...the King of Pop and he's the reason why I listen to pop.

***ugg, I remember that day like it was yesterday. I don't think I ever cried that much over a two-month period time; I mean I was crying EVERYDAY, especially when I heard Usher and Jermaine sing at the memorial... I broke out.***

OK, you mean to say that you had heard of "the King of Pop" but didn't know the real name was Michael Jackson?  So you only made the connection on 6/25/2009?  I understand.  That's very interesting.  I think a lot of people were crying pretty hard on and after that day.  :(  I cried later...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 06, 2010, 11:23:59 PM

OK, you mean to say that you had heard of "the King of Pop" but didn't know the real name was Michael Jackson?  So you only made the connection on 6/25/2009?  I understand.  That's very interesting.  I think a lot of people were crying pretty hard on and after that day.  :(  I cried later...
I had never heard "King of Pop" either. I was 13 at the time, the only thing I was watching was cartoons.  :)   I mean I never watched the news; whenever someone turned to the news, I would leave the room. Not doing that anymore!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

November 07, 2010, 01:14:54 AM
reasonables:

I see... Thanks for clarifying!   :)
Apologies again for not envisioning this scenario... I'm glad you know about MJ now.  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 07, 2010, 01:16:59 AM
reasonables:

I see... Thanks for clarifying!   :)
Apologies again for not envisioning this scenario... I'm glad you know about MJ now.  :P
okay.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
November 07, 2010, 01:22:22 AM
Not much... I heard the crazy stories and rumors and not much else.  

God bless.........2good2btrue
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MashMike

November 07, 2010, 01:30:35 AM
Well, i've always been a huge fan of him, as long as i can remember myself, since the age of 6,  when i first saw "Thriller" i fell in love with him, he was like a magic to me,from that on he became my hero, year after year i started to love and respect not only Michael Jackson- a musical phenomenon, but also Michael- as the greatest humanitarian and kindest man in this world.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

November 07, 2010, 04:06:45 AM
I loved Michael ever since I was a child.  Thriller was released when I was 7 but even before that I loved his very earliest songs, Ben was one of my favourites.  I always felt a kinship with him in a way because he had an isolated childhood and so did I, though I never experienced the awful things he did, his suffering was so many times worse.  I was like many people shocked when he "died", more so than I could have imagined, I cried so much for days, until the questions and intuition took over.  He had and continues to have such a huge impact on my life and I'm glad that even when I read all the garbage that was printed about him I instinctively knew that's all it was.  Garbage.  The accusations against him were ridiculous and the witchhunt he suffered would not have happened to anyone else, it was more than most people could bear.  Yet he did so with grace and humility and I hope he gets his payback from all those who wronged him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

Sarahli

November 07, 2010, 10:30:33 AM
I voted option 1. I have always loved Michael as far as I remember. I fell in love with his voice and I remember as a teen, as soon as I heard his voice/music on the radio I ran to turn to volume up  :D at that time I couldn't afford to buy his music so  I used to let the radio often on in the expectation of one of his songs to be played.... and I used to say "God please an MJ song". That situation made it even more amazing to listen to one of his song... it's like I was granted a gift.
I have never had the chance to go to a concert or anything like that though. But it doesn't matter I don't like over-crowded places I am so shy. I tried to follow what was new about him artistically talking, never read any tabloid, never bought one. I don't know much about his habits and preferences and all these little details, I always loved Michael for his music and for his message, this is important to mention. I stand by him because of that also, he has something to say, he feels concerned and has a good heart. I never believed the allegations, not for one second and was outraged and hurt when all that happened. I felt like a member of my own family was accused. Well I always stood by him even from so far and always will. Blessings.  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

bec

November 07, 2010, 11:34:26 AM
Quote from: "trustno1"
I loved Michael ever since I was a child.  Thriller was released when I was 7 but even before that I loved his very earliest songs, Ben was one of my favourites.  I always felt a kinship with him in a way because he had an isolated childhood and so did I, though I never experienced the awful things he did, his suffering was so many times worse.  I was like many people shocked when he "died", more so than I could have imagined, I cried so much for days, until the questions and intuition took over.  He had and continues to have such a huge impact on my life and I'm glad that even when I read all the garbage that was printed about him I instinctively knew that's all it was.  Garbage. The accusations against him were ridiculous and the witchhunt he suffered would not have happened to anyone else, it was more than most people could bear.  Yet he did so with grace and humility and I hope he gets his payback from all those who wronged him.

Yes. Please. It's my greatest wish.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

paula-c

November 07, 2010, 01:34:30 PM
I vote for the second option
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

everlastinglove_MJ

November 08, 2010, 04:44:21 PM
I voted 1.
Since I was about 10 I loved Michael and I never stopped loving him. His songs and his moves always gave me so much inspiration to move on, not only at my dance lessons when I was a teenager but also later during hard times. In the last decade there's still inspiration, but even more there's a strong admiration I feel about Michael. That is because of the tough times he's been through and the way he coped with them, that he still believes in the world, that he's determined to heal the earth with so much passion. I think it's breathtaking :)

Everlasting LOVE to you Michael
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions