PJ4MJTopic starter

A Thought on Katherine
November 02, 2010, 11:11:07 PM
I was just wondering...why does Katherine need to be out in front of the cameras so much?

I know the popular opinion is that she's playing her part in the hoax; she's revered by Michael so her words will hold more weight with fans; people feel for her as a mother; she's trying to set the record straight for Michael, etc.  But...

The woman is 80 years old and never craved the limelight.  I'm sure the world (that thinks Michael is dead) would totally understand if she quietly raised Michael's kids and lived out her life.  God knows there are plenty of family members to get Michael's message out; it doesn't have to be Katherine.  People constantly comment about how she looks so pained having to lie and how difficult all this must be on her.  I just feel Michael would never want to put her through that - even for the greater purpose of this hoax.

So why?  Why the Oprah interview?  Why the book?  Why any of it?  Why her?  Yes, as a mother she would do anything for her son but as a son, would Michael really ask that of his mother?  It just doesn't connect for me.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: A Thought on Katherine
November 02, 2010, 11:35:59 PM
Katherine has no ulterior motives, no desire for fame (and all it engenders) Believes in the 'bonds' of family..always has I think Mike knows that and wants to share the 'gift' of his mom with his kids.Values, Integrity....Rare in this world, rarer than gold...as is Credibility,loyalty.love...priceless  I don't know her but 'feel' a calm, safe, strong, loving aura exuding from her presence. I'm sure Mike and his kids do...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PJ4MJTopic starter

November 02, 2010, 11:49:49 PM
Quote from: "katson45"
Katherine has no ulterior motives, no desire for fame (and all it engenders) Believes in the 'bonds' of family..always has I think Mike knows that and wants to share the 'gift' of his mom with his kids.Values, Integrity....Rare in this world, rarer than gold...as is Credibility,loyalty.love...priceless  I don't know her but 'feel' a calm, safe, strong, loving aura exuding from her presence. I'm sure Mike and his kids do...

Yes, I agree about sharing the gift of his mother with his kids, but I believe she would project the calm, safe aura just being in the background or photographed going to and from the courthouse.  That's my point.  I don't see the necessity in her being "out there" the way she is, and I find it hard to believe that Michael would ask her to play that role.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

November 02, 2010, 11:53:25 PM
Because MJ thinks the world of her, it makes me love and respect her all the more. Assuming Back is MJ, the way he would defend her with his life. Also just the way she dresses, talks, acts is so warm motherly to me. She seems, like MJ, to like to live a simple life, not into high fashion, jewelry, make-up. She has always talked of her equal love for all her children. She is hardworking, loyal, dependable, loving, gracious--basically exemplifying all 9 fruits of the Spirit. This passage of Scripture has long been famous for describing the ideal woman or wife, and I believe Solomon was describing for his sons what kind of woman to look for. I think it fits Katherine.
Proverbs 31:10-31 (King James Version)

10Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

22She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

25Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

26She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

27She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

30Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

31Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 03, 2010, 12:29:44 AM
lol...To answer directly..I can also see Katherine becoming the ''mother Bear'' if any dare wrongly slander and smear her kids' reputation..We want to choke Sneddon.,.imagine how Katherine must feel. My mother is 80...she's doing great/better than me!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

November 03, 2010, 05:58:04 AM
don't think katherine is all that camara shy. she can also call it like she sees it without getting too much backlash. jmo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Sarahli

November 03, 2010, 06:24:26 AM
When we know how Michael love is mother it just gives more importance and values to the hoax, not that it wouldn't be the case without her but the fact that Michael puts her in the front is in itself a kind of message. All this is highly important. God bless Katherine for what she is doing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

November 03, 2010, 06:38:17 AM
Well Katherine is the backbone and matriarch of the Jackson family.  I believe the Jacksons are going through a stage now where they are restoring MJ and the Jackson family name.  Over the years Michael and his family have been targets and criticized by the media.  The media make MJ out to be a freak and the family to be dysfunctional with all kinds of issues.  Janet had the big scandal with the superbowl incident that kinda tarnished her image.  Then people always look down on his brothers as being lazy and mooching off his money.  Then they refer to Latoya like she crazy too and Joe as the evil father.  If you notice the Jacksons are doing it big ever since MJ left the scene.  Janet is blowing up with her new acting career.  The brothers did the reality show to give us insight into their lives.  Jackie been doing interviews lately and his son is working on new music.  Jermaine doing concerts.  Randy speaking up about justice for his brother.  Latoya was a commentator on Dancing with the Stars and she's about to be on the apprentice.  Even Rebbie did some interviews and her son is releasing an album.  Tito and his sons are getting back on the scene.  TJ about to star in a stage play and his brother Taj got the Zombie series going.  So Katherine is the one restoring MJ image.  She know him the best being his momma.  Nobody know you like your mom.  Moms know the good and bad side of their child.  So I just think the Jacksons are bringing their A game right now and proving haters wrong.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 07, 2010, 09:00:46 PM
Katherine speaks out when it's absolutely necessary. Oprah......? This is very interesting.  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions