mac5kTopic starter

Michael Jackson's Mother Speaks About His Drug Problems in 'Oprah' Preview

Michael Jackson's parents will appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show Monday, and among the topics that will be covered in the interview are the late's singer's death, his addictions and the family's feelings about the forthcoming album of previously unreleased studio material, Michael .

In this clip from the show, we see Michael's mother, Katherine, answering Oprah's question about whether she had ever spoken with her son about his addictions.

Michael Jackson Remembered

"I spoke to him about them once, when I had heard [about them]," she replies, her eyes welling up with tears. "And he denied it. I was telling him I didn't want to hear one day that he had overdosed because it would break my heart, it would kill me to. But he kept saying he wasn't, he wasn't on it, 'Mother you don't believe me.' He kept saying that: 'My own mother don't believe me.' "

Katherine and other members of the Jackson family are said to be opposed to the release of some of the songs on Michael. According to TMZ, Jackson's children Paris and Prince think some of the songs were recorded by an impostor—but Sony hired an audiologist who confirmed that they are authentic. The album will be released on December 14, and on Monday — the day of the Oprah interview with his parents — a song from the album will premiere on MichaelJackson.com.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "mac5k"
Michael Jackson's Mother Speaks About His Drug Problems in 'Oprah' Preview

Michael Jackson's parents will appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show Monday, and among the topics that will be covered in the interview are the late's singer's death, his addictions and the family's feelings about the forthcoming album of previously unreleased studio material, Michael .

In this clip from the show, we see Michael's mother, Katherine, answering Oprah's question about whether she had ever spoken with her son about his addictions.

Michael Jackson Remembered

"I spoke to him about them once, when I had heard [about them]," she replies, her eyes welling up with tears. "And he denied it. I was telling him I didn't want to hear one day that he had overdosed because it would break my heart, it would kill me to. But he kept saying he wasn't, he wasn't on it, 'Mother you don't believe me.' He kept saying that: 'My own mother don't believe me.' "

Katherine and other members of the Jackson family are said to be opposed to the release of some of the songs on Michael. According to TMZ, Jackson's children Paris and Prince think some of the songs were recorded by an impostor—but Sony hired an audiologist who confirmed that they are authentic. The album will be released on December 14, and on Monday — the day of the Oprah interview with his parents — a song from the album will premiere on MichaelJackson.com.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Okay, so I guess I am trying to understand where is the release of songs have to do with Katherine bringing up about MJs denial of being addicted?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

InfinityLady,

The airing of the interview will coincide with the release of the song. It's a plug. It's a marketing ploy. Publicity 101.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Until the great mass of the people shall be filled with the sense of responsibility for each other\'s welfare, social justice can never be attained.

_Anna_

God, I can't take this anymore..... How many times will they keep saying he was a drug addict and give these tearful interviews? if this is to be revealed (the hoax) why they keep putting us down? At least this is how I feel. Do I have to blindly believe in this situation even if they constantly say such sad things, Katherine in tears, and all that? I mean I am a believer, but my faith is dropping volumes
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Anna just remember how much they've built up the drugs angle since way back when, the idea was to convince everyone he was frail incapable and addicted so when he "died" people wouldn't question it too much.  Remember the Propofol was used to knock patients out not to give them a good night's sleep and they would feel awful upon waking.  Then there's the autopsy results...It's understandable to have doubts but we can't let our beliefs be shaken every time a family member does an interview, look at Janet on Larry King last night and how she was grinning when talking about MJs death, after making a big point of seeming confused about where she was at the time she found out. For every Katherine interview there are numerous other Jackson interviews that tell another story.  Keep the Faith.  Love to all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

Tarja

Quote from: "trustno1"
Anna just remember how much they've built up the drugs angle since way back when, the idea was to convince everyone he was frail incapable and addicted so when he "died" people wouldn't question it too much.  Remember the Propofol was used to knock patients out not to give them a good night's sleep and they would feel awful upon waking.  Then there's the autopsy results...It's understandable to have doubts but we can't let our beliefs be shaken every time a family member does an interview, look at Janet on Larry King last night and how she was grinning when talking about MJs death, after making a big point of seeming confused about where she was at the time she found out. For every Katherine interview there are numerous other Jackson interviews that tell another story.  Keep the Faith.  Love to all.

Although I have ups and downs more than a pregnant woman, I feel what you are saying and you are right.. but.. it's so hard sometimes when everythng seems to work bad for us
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]I won\'t be using this account/ID name anymore. My name is Yulia, for who wants to know. Souza, you can delete this account if you want to.I\'m not using it anymore.[/size]

I might be naive, but I don't see Michael in his mother's face, openly lying to her.  I can't even picture that scenario.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

^ Especially because he loved her so much
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I can\'t be still, you thrill me.
Baby, be mine.

I don't think michael was/is addicted to medication drugs because he love his children.
But i also have doubts now and then because of Katherine, why she lie instead of stay in silence, but on the other hand she is also a mother, and a mother protect her child always.

L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "bleu eyes"
I don't think michael was/is addicted to medication drugs because he love his children.
But i also have doubts now and then because of Katherine, why she lie instead of stay in silence, but on the other hand she is also a mother, and a mother protect her child always.

L.O.V.E

I guess I see it differently. I don't see her lying. She said she confronted him "once" when "she heard rumors". This could have been years ago. He denied it was true. Maybe I see it wrong...but I don't see her lying. People are reading into the meaning - maybe it's me? IDK...I never thought Michael was a drug addict.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Quote from: "encino_girl"
InfinityLady,

The airing of the interview will coincide with the release of the song. It's a plug. It's a marketing ploy. Publicity 101.
Wich makes me wonder... If the jacksons are so against this album why on earth are they promoting it? Lol Everything is connected isnt it? lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjboogie

I am totally confused totally confused. BECAUSE on one hand we have the Jacksons saying they are against the album not MJ's voice ect ect......THEN we have them promoting? Doing interviews with Ophrah? ......

Think about this guys ok if Rebbie, and Katherine, and Janet (when she was on Ophrah) are saying MJ was in denial and all of that then.........WOULDN"T THAT HELP MURRAY IN HIS CASE????Q@Q@ The family is pushing the drug theory right?? :( ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

That is something that makes your brain explode. On one side we have TMZ reporting that the children say that it's not Michael's voice and that they release a fraud, and on the other hand we have Jackie saying how great is his new album.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I was telling him I didn't want to hear one day that he had overdosed because it would break my heart, it would kill me to.

Ok, so oficially he OVERDOSED, right? But somehow this news DIDN'T KILL HER!
How is it possible??  ;)  ;)  ;)  8-)  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

@susie That is the first thing that struck me. It did not kill her and she is strong enough to look after 3 kids and do interviews/tributes etc.

I think the kids saying its not their fathers voice, is the same negative publicity they used at the time of TII. Remember Joe saying TII was full of doubles, and even non fans bought or went to see the movie just to spot the doubles. Now many non fans will buy the new Michael Cd to find the impostor and Michael's message will be heard by a wider group of people. By now Michael/Sony know that even if only half of the songs on the album are genuine, his fans will still buy it, but they have to target a larger audience than just fans and since the rest want to disprove Michael, they are using this tactic.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions