paula-c

If I disagree with the domain name and how that will channel the donations is one way of organizing the resources to obtain and make them reach those who really need it, or selected charities.
Now as to explain to me the second part we manage the site and how long to take for this.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

PJ4MJ

Quote from: "~Souza~"

I also agree that everything should stay anonymous, as it is on here as well. I never feel comfortable with personal info on the web, same goes for this. And some people are simply not able to donate because they don't have the financial means. But what they can do is volunteer to help charities by lending a hand or professional skills.[/color]

I know we're all anonymous here in that no one knows who's behind the user name.  But when I suggested anonymous for the separate website, I meant not even user names.  I'm thinking of the donations idea, mainly.  I just don't think it's a good idea to have a list of names who donated - fake ones or not - out in the open.  Behind the scenes, obviously.  The focus is on the gift, not the giver.  I'd hate to see it turn into some kind of popularity contest.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "PJ4MJ"

I also agree that everything should stay anonymous, as it is on here as well. I never feel comfortable with personal info on the web, same goes for this. And some people are simply not able to donate because they don't have the financial means. But what they can do is volunteer to help charities by lending a hand or professional skills.[/color]

I know we're all anonymous here in that no one knows who's behind the user name.  But when I suggested anonymous for the separate website, I meant not even user names.  I'm thinking of the donations idea, mainly.  I just don't think it's a good idea to have a list of names who donated - fake ones or not - out in the open.  Behind the scenes, obviously.  The focus is on the gift, not the giver.  I'd hate to see it turn into some kind of popularity contest.

That's what I meant as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PJ4MJ

Great! Thanks! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hey Guys
this is a great idea and I put my hand up Souza I am in a completely different timezone to most everyone on here a whole day in advance in some cases , so if that not a problem , I am in just lead the way!!
I so wanted to do something like this ages ago, I spoke to a friend and we wanted to, we tried to get it started by setting up a Twitter account which as far as I know is still active. Before I heard of Army of love I think and I had a slightly different name, but still MJ and love in the mix. We had the idea to raise money for charities but in our control not letting big wigs take it away from the fans, but the whole thing re setting up etc ie what has been discussed on here, well we just didnt' get that far... and the other thing I think was to have ways of spreading MJ's mesage like the donations to charity didn't need to be a formal charity some like was mentioned although we don't have them here in NZ,  but say the like of Orphanages  and other groups all that  require  help jsut a smile even to a lonley sad person this can mkae such a difference or a compliement or anything  actually like everyday people we can help... but  sorry where I am leading is that for people to do every day things but say I am doing this in honour of MJ or MJ taught me how to be a better person , or nothing , but in some small way let them knw it was through MJ and L.O.VE you decided to say help your elderly neighbour take in her groceries, visit someone elderly say whom ahs no family and maybe friends. , to visit them, and things like that. I know of some Dear Lady  at my Nana's home and we always talk to all the ladies at my Nana's eating table  but I just found this out that one of them has absolutely no-one here in my city of Dunedin NZ and came from England years ago and all family dead there so she is completely on her own, so I said to Mum we could do a little something nice every now and then to make her feel good and hopefully this could helop her in the maybe possible low times, when having absolutely no-one to turn too that is close and special must hurt so very bad. Even just like remembering b'days' to those kind of people or read a child a story, help with reading anything ..etc I could go on with ideas but I will stop.
Also on site lists of ways to give back even something like 'Pay It Forward' like  the movie. Where You continue doing it of course no time limit or number of people to help if You like but to get it running  started like a world wide wave of L.O.VE!! we could nominate something similar to what that boy on movie did ,but Of course donn't want copy right issues so maybe we hav eto mix it up a bit the phrase??
but there are many ideas including what is already on here.
I know there is already a gobal day that is something like a day when you do a nice thing Ie pay for someones coffee etc and I can't remember what it is called  oh that is it I think
'Random Acts of Kindness Day' (I think) then I saw not too long ago there is a site inEngland Ithink or sorry started there I think and it is simply where people log their gestures I think  from memeory as a way tomake each individula accountable?? may have it all wrong??
 Anyway Souza that is a side issue to waht You wanted to knwo well I am here proud to stand for the Honour of MJ!! 'It's all for love' L.O.V.E!!   and together we can make it happen.  ohjsut one thing and not at all to put a negative spin on things but do we have to get permission to use MJ's name I remember not too long ago the Estate said they had the copyright over the whole thing liek I think anyone that even hinted and being associated with MJ and all he encompasses?? not sure if I heard right ,but yeah just to mention that. And I think it was in particular mention to people using that for charities etc???  but I say this from nly a plae of information not to be negative in anyway shape or form. Because I am behind anything that enables us to do things in MJ's name for the good of all the Universe  Animals environment all things so that to opens it up to doing things at the places like animal shelters  environment issues and or peace innitiatives anti racial issues etc a whole movement. All in the name of L.O.VE! !!
well thanks for  listeningsorry watching reading me blab  on  and on but I will close for now  sorry if I offended any one or anything.
take care and 'I love You all more'  "It's all for love"  L.O.V.E!!
lots love to the whole family here  and everywhere!!
Count me in Souza!!
:)  <3
love always
MIchelle :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@ Gemma
Hi how are You?
just read Your idea and it is great it has been done here too and sitll does everyyear I think a National knitting Shop runs it and goes to the Needy Kids for Winter Warmth
but even people cold donate ie for knitters and for other thing but say you can't knit  You could donate the wool, or buy some wool , money for wool, that is jsut taking the knitting idea
t
Habbitat for Humanity is another I know it's on TV where groups have say gone down to Louisianna In the USA say and donated their time to helop and it looked to be very humbling seeing those still without homes, and we all have I think Habbitat for Humanity
and then there are the wildlife organisations, we have SAFE here  for animals sorry here is me going on , but yeah anything goes as long as it is done in the righ tspirit and jsut a smile can make someones day or a simple gesture of goodwill/ My Grandfather used to say " A smile costs you nothing to give'   and I  bet we all know how a smile can make our own days better!!
L.O.V.E!!
much love to You all!@! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Me too :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

MissG

@Michelle WilkieNZ, yes, the knitting project i got involved in had that set up as well!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
I love all these ideas, and unfortunately can't help with the setting up process, but if there is anything else I can do. just call my name and I'll be there..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

Very well done.
Only one aspect I would like to discuss: I don't like the butterfly.
It is a "watering" symbol, taking away strength from the layout.
It's a symbol for a negative system in addition.
I'd prefer a light of hope or a red rose instead if there should be a highlighting indicator to the menue. What's your opinion?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

First only the people with money will have their name in the ArmyOfLove?
That is one of the worst Ideas ever. Michael would want all to have their names shown
What poor people need not apply. I do have money and I would never join just for the fact.
Michael ArmyOflove is for everyone.JJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Johnkillrory wrote:

What sites you've read it? :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Grace"
Very well done.
Only one aspect I would like to discuss: I don't like the butterfly.
It is a "watering" symbol, taking away strength from the layout.
It's a symbol for a negative system in addition.
I'd prefer a light of hope or a red rose instead if there should be a highlighting indicator to the menue. What's your opinion?

I see your point, I agree with that. I don't think it's a pressing issue that matters too much either way, but sometimes less is more. My vote would be to take out the butterfly and not to replace it with anything.

Is it possible to change the language on this new site or is that being worked on?? I'd like to share it with family and friends but they won't be able to read it. But esthetically, it looks great!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

Quote from: "paula-c"
Johnkillrory wrote:

Well, the idea of badkolo said only people who donate are allowed in the ArmyOfLove... which I don't think is fair either, because some of us don't have the money to give.  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Quote from: "MJFAN7"
Quote from: "paula-c"
Johnkillrory wrote:

Well, the idea of badkolo said only people who donate are allowed in the ArmyOfLove... which I don't think is fair either, because some of us don't have the money to give.  :?

I think you guys are reading too much into that. The Army Of Love is something we are only apart of by choice, no specific deeds or donations are needed. The Army of Love existed before this website existed, so I don't see the problem. The website allows us all to donate money and then give a big chunk of money to a charity from "Michael's Army of Love". In other words, for example, we would give a $5,000 check to a charity as opposed to us each individually giving $10 and being nameless. This provides those who donate a chance to be apart of something bigger than themselves, and it allows us to make a difference that is more measurable than what we are able to do as individuals. Not to mention it could potentially gain some media attention, which could help inspire others to start helping to heal the world. Also keep in mind that donations don't have to be huge. Everyone should only give what they can afford when it comes to any charity or cause. Even if every person only gives ONE dollar, that adds up faster than you might think.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal