Quote from: "bec"
Pink Topaz, I understand what you're saying but are you following me? Just as devil's advocate here, why do we need attention for doing good deeds though? Maybe I'm being difficult, I dunno. Just feeling the need to verbally kick it around a little.
Of course I'm following you. I didn't say we need attention- credit- for good deeds, and as for me I don't care if we get or don't get it. The attention we want is the kind that will contribute, and that means all of the other people on the net- non-believers, believers, fans, non-fans- everyone!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I think that it is a good idea also.  As to the domain name I feel both sounds fitting so either one of them will be just fine.  I'm in.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Just like voice and bec mentioned, issues can arrise and usually always do, thats why im not all to keen on donations or charities or any money giving of any kind, issues can arrise and thats why this site does not and will not make any money or place any banner ads in order to make money, it never has and never will happen.

As kind and giving it can be the first thing a few members posted like voice and bec is that bad things can happen from doing something  like this and i tend to agree but Souza & mo does have the right & ability though to start a site thats seperated from this site and do what she does there, its not related to this site so it doesnt affect this site.

I am a kind and giving person, some know this first hand, so im all into helping others, and I agree that this is a thoughtful idea and thats why i gave my input, if souza & mo want to help a charity then so be it but as long as you all know it cant be attached to this site in any way, I and they do not need any legal issues brought because of charitable donations.

Sometimes being caring and giving leads others to get the wrong IMPRESSION and then things fall apart from there when they shouldnt.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Chat With Us About The Hoax You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If he\'s not alive then we are all dead!

bec

True that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Cool idea!  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (B. Howard Fans)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Martin Page Fans)

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "bec"
I am also mildly instinctively offended at the notion that members here aren't already doing their part to be the man in the mirror and make that change... not because they have to answer to someone or to get recognition and pats on the back for it publicly on the board, or to seek approval from TS or to appease Michael, but because it's the right thing to do and the right way to live, and frankly, we all got shook up out of the Matrix and got our eyes opened recently.

I get what you mean bec, and I must say that at first I also felt a little offended. But I do everything I can and I know that myself, that's enough for me. We can do a lot of good with it and that is what's important, not what someone else thinks of us or any blogger on the internet that needs to get a life and do something with it instead of slandering someone else. I also think some will donate just to seek approval or to please Mike and I have to say that if that's what it takes to get people donate, then fine with me. If they are only doing it for him and not because they will feel better themselves, it would be sad but at least they will donate and therefore do something good for someone else. It's still their own choice and most of us on here are mature enough to make our own decisions. I don't need approval from anyone to do anything. TS is apparently happy with the subforums but I think that's not enough. It's a good way to make people aware of the numerous charities, but that's all. I am afraid it will bleed to death again once people have calmed down. It's about showing what you can do when you unite and which other people you can inspire to join you. I don't want attention drawn to me personally, hence I registered the domain anonymously, but I would like to draw attention to us as a group to show what can be done if we 'raise our voice as one' and I would like the site to get that many visitors that we would be able to donate $5,000,- to a charity each week.

I don't want any negativity around it though, that's why I said I won't manage the site if we go through with this. Some people seem to get off on discrediting us and find whatever to make sure they can write some new blog about that. I don't care if they do that about me because they can all kiss my butt, but I don't want this cause dragged through the mud and therefore it's not a good idea if either me, Badkolo or Mo are affiliated with this site.

I also agree that everything should stay anonymous, as it is on here as well. I never feel comfortable with personal info on the web, same goes for this. And some people are simply not able to donate because they don't have the financial means. But what they can do is volunteer to help charities by lending a hand or professional skills.

I really want everyone on the same page with this or it's better to stop it right here because we will only get discussions about it and that's not what we want.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I think it's a good idea and I understand the reservations of other members but I think as Michael's army of L.O.V.E it would be a bit hypocritical of us not to do something like this as a group as we all talk about love and healing the world a lot, we should practice what we preach.  Obviously many of us already give to/help charities already and there will be many who financially just can't afford to donate but I'm sure none of us will be casting judgment on anyone else and it will be anonymous anyway.  As long as it's all above board and we know the money's going where we want it to I'm fine with it, it's not like we're some type of cult here so everyone can make up their own minds whether to participate or not.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

*Mo*

I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned too much emphasis is put on 'donating money'.  I'd rather put the emphasis on actual acting - putting effort into doing something for another person, really helping people by putting your shoulder to the wheel.  I think that will make a bigger change than donating a couple of bucks every week.

In case people insist on keeping the emphasis on donating money, I'd rather find out i.e. what goods an orphanage really needs, raise money for it, buy the goods and have them shipped to them.  That way you are sure the money ends up right where it's needed and they will get what they really need.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loyalfan

will TS approve this do you reckon....??????????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Oh dear, I can't help but feel a bit despondent about all this today. It seems we have many different ideas of what our aim is here. This needs to be cleared up before we can go any further.

So, are we (on another site) as Michael's Army of Love wanting to show a united front in DOING something positive as a group in Michael's name to make a change in the world? Or are we want to go on just doing stuff in our own personal lives as individuals?  If we want to act as a group, donating really seems the best way to start. It's not as if we all live next door to each other and can arrange to physically help together!

I wish I didn't have to be away this weekend - but trust you'll all thrash this out and reach an amicable decision!

See you soon. xx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "loyalfan"
will TS approve this do you reckon....??????????

TS clearly wrote to THINK for yourself, and not blindly follow someone.
You don't need TS his approval for the choices you make.

[youtube:2xd1wal0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0y2dDlFmLg[/youtube:2xd1wal0]
 ;)
Chappie[/b]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "*Mo*"

I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned too much emphasis is put on 'donating money'.  I'd rather put the emphasis on actual acting - putting effort into doing something for another person, really helping people by putting your shoulder to the wheel.  I think that will make a bigger change than donating a couple of bucks every week.

In case people insist on keeping the emphasis on donating money, I'd rather find out i.e. what goods an orphanage really needs, raise money for it, buy the goods and have them shipped to them.  That way you are sure the money ends up right where it's needed and they will get what they really need.

That is not something we can do together, simply because we live thousands of miles apart from each other. The donating is only a part of that website, the rest should be used to educate and motivate others and besides that we all need to start acting in our own personal lives, if we didn't already. Many of us have already posted things you can do yourself to help others. Many charities also need volunteers besides donations and that is what we can point out on there as well. Yet they still rely on donations. This is something we can do as a group to show others what can be done when you unite. You said yesterday it's a good idea yourself, I don't understand why that should have changed. But if you have better ideas, please share.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "*Mo*"

That is not something we can do together, simply because we live thousands of miles apart from each other. The donating is only a part of that website, the rest should be used to educate and motivate others and besides that we all need to start acting in our own personal lives, if we didn't already. Many of us have already posted things you can do yourself to help others. Many charities also need volunteers besides donations and that is what we can point out on there as well. Yet they still rely on donations. This is something we can do as a group to show others what can be done when you unite. You said yesterday it's a good idea yourself, I don't understand why that should have changed. But if you have better ideas, please share.

I think Mo just did.
 ;)
Chappie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

In that way we still need to raise money, so I don't get it. What we are going to do with the money is step 2, I only want people on the same page for the site, and someone who will raise his or her hand to manage the website.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mo Said: I'd rather put the emphasis on actual acting - putting effort into doing something for another person, really helping people by putting your shoulder to the wheel. I think that will make a bigger change than donating a couple of bucks every week.
She continued with: In case people insist on keeping the emphasis on donating money, I'd rather find out i.e. what goods an orphanage really needs, raise money for it, buy the goods and have them shipped to them. That way you are sure the money ends up right where it's needed and they will get what they really need.

Chappie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions