~Souza~Topic starter

Yes I get that and that's step 2. If we can't even get on one page about even creating a website, and no one will volunteer to manage it, we can forget such a logistically challenged project. This thread is simply to ask people if they agree on the domain name and idea of a website and how we are going to implement that is a next step. I get a negative vibe after the reactions that makes me reluctant to the idea now. It seems we are always focussing on the negative stuff and not on the positive. I never focussed on donating, I asked if the overall idea of a website with donating as a PART of it (to whatever cause which we will focuss on later)  was something others would agree on and what they think of the domain.

So far there hasn't been anyone who raised his/her hand to volunteer for the management of it. If necessary I would do it myself, but in that case not from here, because I know that in that case I will be the center of negative blogs and I really don't feel like that after 16 months of negativity. So again: can someone please raise his or her hand? Maybe we can start there and after that see how we are going to do this. Managing transport and logistics of something like this is a lot of work and most of us won't have the time for that. There are foundations that manage that for you, I don't think it's a good idea if one of us would do that, for the same reason I don't think it's a good idea one of us managing the donations. If something goes wrong in whatever way that person won't have a life on the net anymore. But again, that's the next step. For now it would be nice to have some positiveness about the overall idea. After that we can focus on what we will support and in what way. Some foundations rely on donations as in $$ for research and medical supplies for example, others like orphanages could probably need goods more.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

I am ok with the domain name.

I really like the idea of having an "educational/ advice" web where we can post articles to build awareness. I love that concept of exchanging advice (I did that on myspace, in my blog).

Regarding donations to charities, I am not pro having an scrow account. I rather prefer to list trustful charity sites for people to donate as they wish to who they wish.

The best, in my experience, is to exchange links/ banners between charity organizations.
Once someone clicks on the charity banner chosen inside the armyoflove site, the donor is directed to that site and proceeds to make the donation.

Donations are a private issue. And also, "haters" will see the picture in a malicious way as if we would like to get money from people.

On the other hand, those charity webs have our banner and people get to read our articles.

There is no cost from any side, is based on trust and good will  :)

Also, we can´t use Michaels name, i believe, for legal reasons. It will need to be expressed in the declaration that we are just moved by his message and in no way we are using his name for profit.

Well, and this, is my opinion  :)  Thanks for taking mine in consideration as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Good points Gema, and yes there will be people who if they knew about it would claim we're being suckered into handing over money. I personally thought it was a good idea but if it's going to cause disharmony and uneasiness that's not what we want. What about if we all tried to either sponsor a third world child, set up a monthly donation to Water Aid(in my country it's only £2 a month and does so much good), Save the Children (again very small amounts are required), or the countless other charities out there.  I've been donating every month since I was 16 to Save The Children for their campaign to stop children being used as soldiers, but have always wanted to sponsor a third world child too.  As for me children are the most important thing in the world that would be my choice but I know there are others who would rather donate to animal causes or to the Red Cross or whatever.  If there are any doubts or questions among members regarding the charity Escrow account maybe we should take a vote of some kind.  I know that nobody here has sinister intentions but unfortunately the world has taught us to be cynical and I really do think we all have to be on the same page and not alienate anyone.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

MissG

Thanks  :)

Another thing I would like to add, is to set a goal or mission each month and promote it.
Then  we could write about the achievements and inspire more people to enrolled in the same mission.

Everybody is useful and have something great to offer and can be fun.
Just an example;
A couple of years ago I enrolled in a knitting project ( :lol:  what!, i like to knitt)where many people were asked to knitt children clothes, as many as they could and after a certain date for the collection, all of the clothes were sent to the charity chosen. It was fun and very inspiring, and anyone could be anywhere in the world.

I can get carried away, so many projects I have been involved in to give me many ideas  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

What's wrong with knitting!? :D I knit too and I cross stitch, my profile pic is actually of a portrait I stitched when I actually believed (very briefly) that Michael was gone.  I intended to stitch 1958-2009 on it but something wouldn't let me, I instinctively felt I couldn't but didn't know why at the time.  I do now!  I stitch cards to sell for charity sometimes and I know there are lots of us who could use our talents in some way.  I'll support the charity account if we decide to go ahead but again I think if some people are going to feel uneasy with it there has to be a deciding vote to gauge the amount of members for it and those against it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

MissG

I am opting to vote for the scrow account as well. I see that can cause drama and people (haters) can be really a pain in the neck giving bad propaganda. Will be to double fight, for charity and to prove that we are not after money.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

~Souza~Topic starter

I like the idea of supporting just one or two charities as well, like I wrote before. In that way we can focus on that instead of focussing on all different kinds of charities and I prefer children as well. If you could make agreements with a foundation like Gema said, you could also get more people to the website. In that case we should all agree on one particular charity. I like the idea, but others have to as well.

@Gema I agree we shouldn't use his name for it. I think the domain name and maybe an intro at the site that he was the inspiration for itr will be enough. I am not donating or writing articles out of his name, I do what I do because I want to. He has done so much for others already, he doesn't need us to support a charity out of his name, I think he earned his credits with them years and years ago. He just made it possible that we are now all here preparing for something that will hopefully inspire others to do the same.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

Quote from: "trustno1"
Good points Gema, and yes there will be people who if they knew about it would claim we're being suckered into handing over money. I personally thought it was a good idea but if it's going to cause disharmony and uneasiness that's not what we want. What about if we all tried to either sponsor a third world child, set up a monthly donation to Water Aid(in my country it's only £2 a month and does so much good), Save the Children (again very small amounts are required), or the countless other charities out there.  I've been donating every month since I was 16 to Save The Children for their campaign to stop children being used as soldiers, but have always wanted to sponsor a third world child too.  As for me children are the most important thing in the world that would be my choice but I know there are others who would rather donate to animal causes or to the Red Cross or whatever.  If there are any doubts or questions among members regarding the charity Escrow account maybe we should take a vote of some kind.  I know that nobody here has sinister intentions but unfortunately the world has taught us to be cynical and I really do think we all have to be on the same page and not alienate anyone.

I agree with you, trustno1.
There are people who sponsor annually 1 or 2 charities and besides that to different charities, which are in urgent need at that particular moment, e.g. Haiti or Afghanistan & Pakistan. I think it's important to keep in mind that people should have the ability to have a free choice in donations and a free choice to donate anonymously or not.
I am pro the educational site, including links to different charities. On most charity sites you'll find information what you can do more besides donations, e.g. kids can do a school project/presentation, a sponsor marathon can be organized.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MissG

Thanks Souza.

It is an elaborated project and it needs time to reflect upon the distribution and organization of it.

I am happy that we all can have a voice and get the project running with everyone´s help and views and ideas  :)

How many are we? over 1000?

We can also link the army site from our personal blogs, even if the blog is about the reproduction of the snails and the fascinating world of the sea clams!

Ay ay! so much to organize! it will take time, but we will get there.

Delegating/ taking a task to people will be another very important side of it.

My promotion: I have experience in HR (organizational psychology) and can find hidden potentials  :D , just in case is needed
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

I love the idea, Souza!

I'm a graphic and web designer and I'd be able to create a website, but I don't have enough time right now :-(
When do you want to kick off?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "Ninanina"
I love the idea, Souza!

I'm a graphic and web designer and I'd be able to create a website, but I don't have enough time right now :-(

Great! When do you have time?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

*Mo* was also going to design the web! That´s what i call a team work!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

Quote from: "~Souza~"
I love the idea, Souza!

I'm in the middle of a big project, so probably not before end of November/beginning of December.

Gema just wrote, that Mo wants to do it?
I didn't read that and I didn't want to push to the front!

So, if you need me, I'm willing to contribute.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "~Souza~"
I love the idea, Souza!

I'm in the middle of a big project, so probably not before end of November/beginning of December.

Gema just wrote, that Mo wants to do it?
I didn't read that and I didn't want to push to the front!

So, if you need me, I'm willing to contribute.

I think we can wait until then, we can do other things in between and all get on the same page with it. We need to decide which charity or charities, in what way, the content on the site etc. So we need that time. I don't think it's a good idea either Mo, Badkolo or I are affiliated with it in any way like I posted before. We will be the center of ridicule and I don't want to take that risk. Besides that I think it's easier for you to change and manage the site when you have built it yourself. It would be great if you want to do it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Oh, I won't be able to manage the site.
I can build/create a site for you and of course I can put up new content etc. and wouldn't leave you alone with that, but I'm a single mother and self-employed. Sometimes I have time, sometimes I have to work day and night for weeks on a job.
So I can't load a project like this onto my shoulders and it would not be responsible to do so, because I would want to be reliable - but this I can't promise.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions