"Simple ways to make money" database
November 04, 2010, 12:22:11 PM
We all have the will to help and we all would like to have money to give. This is not always easy, but maybe we could share some idea about what we can do to raise money for charities

here is what we do in my organization

- create objects to be sold : if you have any skill to do something : jewelry, clothes, sculpture, painting, writing, there is always something you can create to be sold. Think about postcards for christmas for exemple, or christmas decorations...it is time to start creating some to be sold soon.

- Recycle : you know some people is going to throw away some things he doesn't want anymore ? propose him to put everything for sale on the web and give money to charity. Ask your neighboors if they have things to give to be sold. If you find something thrown on the street, take it home, clean/repair it if necessary and sell it to make money, whether on websites, or flea markets. If it's bound to be destroyed, it's better you try to do something with it. It must sound weird, and you'll have to put your pride in your pocket, but i can tell you, we have created an income of 500 euros doing this last year, allowing us to rescue more pets...

Other things that i think about :

- Volunteer with your neighborhood : propose your neighbor to do things for them and instead of paying you, they give you money for a charity. I'm sure people won't refuse to hire you on such purpose. Even if it's one hour cleaning the garden, it will make money for the charity you wish to help and maybe influence people to give more than what your work is worth.

- create a show : you have any artistic skill ? go to your town office and ask for some help to get a place, some technical stuff and have people around you come to enjoy the show. Benefit can go to a charity. In my town, organisation can borrow technical stuff like spot lights, camera, sound mixing, micro, etc etc... just check with your town if they are willing to help you doing it. Mayors are always happy to be involved in charities, believe me, it give them a good image and so you can use this weapon to have something done in your town.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

RK

Re: "Simple ways to make money" database
November 04, 2010, 07:51:35 PM
I have some chickens and they are like pets who roam in my back garden and compost area. People who know me have approached and asked to by my excess eggs weekly as they want free range chemical free food for their family.  I want to chanel this extra funding back weekly into a charity.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

November 10, 2010, 11:28:23 AM
Those ideas are great. I already exchange services for symbolic fees that goes to animal rescue shelters! Not much money is achieved but 50 or 60 Euros can buy food for pets, or vaccines, or first aid material.

We are more people doing the same and at the end of the year we support some shelters!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

November 10, 2010, 01:04:03 PM
Gema, if you talk "euros" i supposed you're in Europe. Did you ever made a partnership with "online petshop" (zooplus is a big one, and the partnership is good but there are local ones too that could be interested)
You ask them to get an account for partnership, you give bank account informations and they give you all buttons and banners to make some advertising on your website.

We're doing this here and we communicate so that people we know who usually order on the web, make their order through our banner on our website. Each order brings us a small % of the total amount. It's not a lot, but it makes money without doing anything and people don't have to spend more money for donation, just buy things for their pets.

First time we got 10 euros, seconde time 20 euros. It's not much, but it's always good to get some money, doing nothing for it ! Now anytime someone need to buy something we ask them to go through our website and we earn money like that.

Another thing you could do is get in touch with online shops warehouses : we are lucky to have such a warehouse in our town, and they offer us all "broken" products that cannot be sold anymore. We get a lot of food like that.

I think for Christmas i'm gonna go to a shop and ask them to offer us some products like camera, dvd player or mp3 player (we'll make some advertising for them on our website) or else and we're gonna make a lottery to raise some money out of it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

November 11, 2010, 05:45:18 AM
Maybe you could add something to the title of this thread?
I didn't open it, because I thought it was spam -lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

November 11, 2010, 08:25:22 AM
It´s under charity  :) I understood it as "ways to make money" to donate for charities.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

RK

November 11, 2010, 09:09:27 AM
Weekend markets are big here in Australia. It costs relatively little to book a site[ maybe $25 or$30]. And voila. An easy way to declutter and make some cash. One man trash is another man's treasure.
Just wanted to add walking and exercising other people's dogs who may be too busy working to do it themselves.  My daughter in UK pays someone to walk her dog every week day as she spends long hours at her workplace.
Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:14:26 AM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

November 11, 2010, 09:14:18 AM
Here is also popular. So far I always donated my second hand stuff. I´ll think about this as well. Looks fun as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal