trublu

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Quote from: "trublu"
Ok so I'm watching the video..probably not a good idea just before I go to bed  :lol:

I have stopped at the MJ part, there is a bit blanked out when he's rapping "Mj gone, I know he *blank* dead"

Any idea what it is ?? :?

It's at 8:26

I think the music is fantastic.

The sound is deliberately cut out...   this youtube version says it is the "clean version" - so we need to find the unedited version to know what he says!

Probably 'fucking' dead or something like that. In the US they cut out stuff like that.

I found it here:  WARNING.. ITS THE "N" word....

I see, thank you for finding that out.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I was just on twitter and ChildByAdoption tweeted a link to this film on the 24/10/10, saying we should look at the concept of the film not just the MJ part.  

here is the link to her twitter page (also posted on the twitter section) she posted this film link on the 24/10/10, first tweet since 16/8/10

Blessings

;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

In a production wrought with powerful imagery, the Michael Jackson procession scene in Kanye West's film debut, "Runaway," is among the most impactful and intriguing.

Around seven minutes into the movie, which centers on the ill-fated romance between West's character, Griffin, and a phoenix played by Selita Ebanks, fireworks herald a parade of a crimson-clad marching band flanked by a mob of followers sporting pointed hoods reminiscent of the garb worn by the Ku Klux Klan. The band surrounds a larger-than-life illuminated bust of the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson, while Griffin and the phoenix excitedly look on.

So do we think it is a coincidence that the MJ part in the film starts "SEVEN MINUTES" into the film? :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

Can someone please write down the lyrics cause I don't understand everything.
I searched on internet for the lyrics and it seems I find another "Runaway".

Michael thing appears at 8.33 not at 7 minutes. It passes long after 7 minutes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I don't believe the explanation offered by Kanye for the hooded people... I think the people in the red uniforms (which seem to be exactly those worn by the guys at Buckingham Palace in England!) represent those who love(d) MJ, while the hooded (hidden) ones represent those who killed/destroyed MJ.  We know that MJ had a thing for armies and soldiers, and he often posed with "armies".  I see the whole video as an elegy and a tribute to MJ and everything that is beautiful and "different".  Like MJ, the phoenix is a beautiful being that responds to nature, animals, and music.  And she says, at one point, that what she hates most about "his" world (our world) is that anything that's different gets changed - the implication being that one can't be different, that difference is not accepted.

A little after 30:00 Kanye says mamase-mamase-mamakosa ... Another reference to MJ.

The whole thing is about MJ, and his belonging to a different world, and our world failing to accept/appreciate him.  Oh, and the ballerinas in black seem to be doing a dance of death.

That's my interpretation...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I noticed the Lacrimosa from the "Dias Irae" of Mozart's Requiem in the beginning of Kaney's film.

And the scenery when Kanye is driving through the forest is reminding me very much of the introduction scene of "The Shining" by Stanley Kubric. This introduction scene is also using a "Dias Irae" theme, but from Hector Berlioz' "Symphony fantastique". So I think it is safe to say that Kayne's video is refering to Stanley Kubric in this introduction, both in scenery and music.

I point it out because I remember the references to Kubric's "2001: A Space Odyssey" in Michael's "Scream video" and I remember Arno Bani saying he and Michael listened to Mozart's Requimen while doing the shots in front of the white curtain.

I do not want to draw any conclusions here, I just wanted to tell...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Immortality's my game

MissG

I admit i got surprised when i hear the notes of Lacrimosa on that video :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Quote from: "truthprevails"
I don't believe the explanation offered by Kanye for the hooded people... I think the people in the red uniforms (which seem to be exactly those worn by the guys at Buckingham Palace in England!) represent those who love(d) MJ, while the hooded (hidden) ones represent those who killed/destroyed MJ.  We know that MJ had a thing for armies and soldiers, and he often posed with "armies".  I see the whole video as an elegy and a tribute to MJ and everything that is beautiful and "different".  Like MJ, the phoenix is a beautiful being that responds to nature, animals, and music.  And she says, at one point, that what she hates most about "his" world (our world) is that anything that's different gets changed - the implication being that one can't be different, that difference is not accepted.

A little after 30:00 Kanye says mamase-mamase-mamakosa ... Another reference to MJ.

The whole thing is about MJ, and his belonging to a different world, and our world failing to accept/appreciate him.  Oh, and the ballerinas in black seem to be doing a dance of death.

That's my interpretation...
Very depressing.. I hardly buy the "difference" thing anymore- for the most part in this day and age there is lots of variety and difference and uniqueness everywhere.. it's not nearly as bad as it used to be..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

I don't see it that way at all,  regarding being different in this world.

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges and obstacles and people telling you you're insane.
Also, an error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.

Michael's strenght to be himself while people keep calling him 'out of this world' is EXACTLY what I admire the most in his character and I support completely. His reality is not wrong, it's just different than other's.I always say, if you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to stop and reflect.Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PinkTopaz and Anna:
I merely posted my view on the meaning of Kanye's video... We can all hold different views about life and how hard or easy it is to be different.  Of course we're all unique and interesting and flawed all at the same time, but Michael's case was special... Many things were magnified (everything he did was placed under a microscope!) and he WAS judged for being eccentric, altering his face etc.  And I'm sorry to say, but the lie DID become the truth for many people (especially in the States).  How many allies did MJ have in 2005?!  How many people defended Michael publicly at the time?  I've heard of Hollywood defending Roman Polanski, who actually raped a 13-year old girl, but I haven't heard of Hollywood defending MJ...

Anna, you said: "Also, an error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." In an absolute sense, you're right.  But there's something called perception, and it plays a major part in our lives and our "reality".

Michael was a proud and dignified and brave man, but he WAS pretty much broken by the 2005 trial - as I believe any innocent human being would be.  He went through hell!  The world did MJ wrong and we shouldn't forget that.  Depressing, yes...  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions