Michael Jackson - Katherine Jackson Receiving No Money?

Michael Jackson's mother Katherine is reportedly planning a memorial concert in order to raise funds to pay off her son's debts.

Michael Jackson's mother has not received any money from her late son's estate.

Katherine Jackson - who has custody of the late 'Thriller' star's three children, Prince Michael, 13, Paris, 12, and eight-year-old Prince Michael II, known as Blanket - is reportedly receiving financial support from her daughter Janet Jackson as the money left to her by the 'Billie Jean' hitmaker is currently being diverted elsewhere by those in charge of his affairs.

A source told gossip blog The Scoop: "Katherine told Oprah Winfrey that she hasn't received a penny from the estate since Michael died.

"What the lawyers for the estate have told her is that they have been busy trying to retire some of Michael's massive debt and they have maintained bills at Hayvenhurst, the Jackson family home and the kids' school."

In an apparent bid to generate funds, The Jackson Family Foundation - which lists Katherine Jackson as vice chairman and her husband Joe as chairman - are to host a tribute concert in memorial of Michael, who died of acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009, next month.

Dubbed a "money grab" by pals, the event faces criticism from the singer's siblings, with sister Rebbie and brother Randy expected to voice their objections.

A preliminary draft of a statement expected to be released by the pair says: "It has been bought to my attention that The Jackson Family Foundation is staging a 'Legacy of the Legend' concert Nov. 13 in Atlanta. That show is being billed as a tribute to my brother, Michael Jackson.

"Reportedly, I and others are scheduled to perform at this concert ... I am in no way associated with this event or the foundation and I wish to make that clear because I do not want to be party to anything that could potentially pose legal or other problems now or in the future."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wow - thanks for sharing this! I will need to digest this information but there are many conflicting messages other than we've been previously told. Also, how is Katherine and Joe able to pull off a massive tribute in honor of "The Legend" on their own? Remember when Jermaine tried...

Also - what about the money. The lawyers can pay themselves but not Katherine? I believe this now goes against court orders if it's true....and I see Katherine in her blue suit again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

PJ4MJ

This doesn't make any sense.  TMZ just reported on 9/23 that Katherine filed with the Court for an increase in her monthly allowance.  If she wasn't getting anything, why file for an increase?  I think she would have filed for getting any money - period.

My understanding is that if the Court ordered that she receive a monthly allowance, the funds are allotted for that purpose.  They don't go into a general fund that the lawyers can grab from.  The lawyers petitioned for and were granted the right to make business deals to bring revenue into the estate to help settle it (TII, MJ Experience, new music, etc), so there would be no reason to go after Katherine's allowance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

OM goodness :shock:   I cannot believe this; however I do remember when Katherine was promoting here coffee table book, it was done t of course for the fans but also because she needed the money :shock: .  If she is not getting money from the estate, that would be against the law.  Unless of course, there is no legitimate estate to begin with.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Maybe I was dreaming because I can't find the article on it anymore.  Does anyone remember when news of the book first came out?  It was something to do with people not trusting Mark Schaffel I think that is his name.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

WHat is going on?  :shock: Who takes benefit from all this????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

PJ4MJ

Quote from: "PJ4MJ"
This doesn't make any sense.  TMZ just reported on 9/23 that Katherine filed with the Court for an increase in her monthly allowance.  If she wasn't getting anything, why file for an increase?  I think she would have filed for getting any money - period.

My understanding is that if the Court ordered that she receive a monthly allowance, the funds are allotted for that purpose.  They don't go into a general fund that the lawyers can grab from.  The lawyers petitioned for and were granted the right to make business deals to bring revenue into the estate to help settle it (TII, MJ Experience, new music, etc), so there would be no reason to go after Katherine's allowance.

New topic posted just adds to the "this doesn't make any sense" category:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

We are dealing with leeches John Branca, and the other guy that is the head of MJ's estate AEG, Sony and everyone else are all getting money in advance in which to me they do not deserve it.

I am so tired of this shit. MJ worked hard all his life and he is still being robbed. I know that will is fake and the family need to stop being scared and just fight.

Letting those people control everything there son did. They are still sucking him dry even in so called death.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Exactly - plus, wasn't it just a few short months ago that we heard the estate has made close to a billion dollars since June 25, 2009? I remember reading that MJs debts were close to being paid off. Oh, and the Encino home has been paid for. This article makes absolutely no sense. The title does sound really strange.  It's always been my belief that the other children should help with Joe and Katherine's support. It should never have been solely MJ's responsibility in the first place. Why is Janet's name in all capitals?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

paula-c

A source told gossip blog The Scoop: "Katherine told Oprah Winfrey that she hasn't received a penny from the estate since Michael died.

"Blog of gossip, a "..., source that is garbage. I do not think Michael is doing is not by his mother, either way you have to wait for the interview with Oprah.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PJ4MJ

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

Exactly - plus, wasn't it just a few short months ago that we heard the estate has made close to a billion dollars since June 25, 2009? I remember reading that MJs debts were close to being paid off. Oh, and the Encino home has been paid for. This article makes absolutely no sense. The title does sound really strange.  It's always been my belief that the other children should help with Joe and Katherine's support. It should never have been solely MJ's responsibility in the first place. Why is Janet's name in all capitals?

Forbes reports closer to $275 million.  Still, this supports your statement.  There's no way they would need to take Katherine's allowance.  It sounds like something else to just keep MJ in the news while things develop.

"Lady Gaga banked an estimated $62 million last year from concert tickets, album sales and a collection of pricey endorsement deals; Jay-Z raked in $63 million while his wife Beyonce grabbed $87 million; and Madonna, the original Material Girl, earned $58 million.

Impressive, until you consider Michael Jackson, the late King of Pop, pulled down $275 million – more than all four artists combined. It was enough to earn Jackson a spot atop our tenth annual list of the Top-Earning Dead Celebrities. (No surprise, he earned more than the 12 other list-makers collectively brought in during the year-long period.)"

Here's the 2010 list:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

you guys really think MJ would let this happen, to his mother of all people? IDK about this one.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "LoveNeedsExpression"
you guys really think MJ would let this happen, to his mother of all people? IDK about this one.

GOOD one! :!:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions