Michael Jackson WII game Delay-What A Suprise...
October 24, 2010, 10:10:17 AM
SORRY guys and gals!!!
Santa won't be bringing you this for Christmas because it has been put back....like..oh..yeah the album.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Y'all just gonna have to keep dancing round your living rooms to his cd's until they decide to release this....at some point in 2011.....maybe.....
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Sinderella"
SORRY guys and gals!!!
Santa won't be bringing you this for Christmas because it has been put back....like..oh..yeah the album.

Y'all just gonna have to keep dancing round your living rooms to his cd's until they decide to release this....at some point in 2011.....maybe.....
What! is this true? I was going to go out a buy a game system for Christmas just to be able to play the game....uuhhh not what?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "thepeacock2012"
What! is this true? I was going to go out a buy a game system for Christmas just to be able to play the game....uuhhh not what?

They are saying it needs to be 'polished' and have more features and shit.
"We're giving our teams more time to develop the Kinect and Move versions to ensure we deliver awesome experiences that take full advantage of the new technologies,"

The Wii MIGHT make it out but xbox360,and PS3 and so on deffo won't and have been listed as 2011 products.I don't see how one version can be ok and the rest not..it's the same game on different platforms of console.

So I guess keep your eye on it is the only suggestion...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

Here is the article:

'Michael Jackson: The Experience' Experiences A Delay
Posted 10/21/10 6:10 pm ET by Brian Warmoth in 3DS / DS, News, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360
Once known as "Michael Jackson: The Game," Ubisoft switched things up to re-title their November 26 release "Michael Jackson: The Experience." Things got more interesting when the game's Move and Kinect compatibility came to light, but neither the Xbox 360 nor PlayStation 3 edition will accompany their PlayStation Portable, Wii and DS counterparts to stores next month, as they've been re-categorized as Q1 2011 products.

"We're giving our teams more time to develop the Kinect and Move versions to ensure we deliver awesome experiences that take full advantage of the new technologies," an Ubisoft representative told IGN. The Wii and portable versions of "The Experience" will still be out on time, according to the report.

The delay explains why we didn't see Ubi's Jackson project on the complete list of Kinect launch window titles. "Dance Central" and "DanceEvolution" were both on there, though, so if your motion-controlled dance game cravings are through the roof, you will have options in a few weeks.

"MJ: The Experience" specializes in teaching you how to move like Mike, however, which distinguishes it in a competitive market right now. With dance games in style for the 360 and PS3 this season, it may be smart to spend some extra time polishing as Ubisoft says their developers are doing. Then, if there's a second wind of dance game hunger after the new year, they'll be there to snatch up everyone's post-holiday spare change.

Prior to this the games was never listed on the Ubisoft website but it is there now, in the coming soon section.

Michael Jackson The Experience

* PLATFORM: Xbox 360™
    * RELEASE DATE: November 2010
    * RATINGS: Rating Pending
    * GENRE: Music

Another thing that seems strange is there is a link on the side for the games "Official Site"

The Official Site for this game is a facebook page:

All the other games on the page seem to have an actual Official Site page.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Michael Jackson game Delay-What A Suprise...
October 24, 2010, 10:50:08 AM
Granted I should have made the subject title saying the game had a delay not just the Wii..but is this not a contradiction??

Michael Jackson The Experience
* PLATFORM: Xbox 360
* RELEASE DATE: November 2010
* RATINGS: Rating Pending
* GENRE: Music

" Things got more interesting when the game's Move and Kinect compatibility came to light, but neither the Xbox 360 nor PlayStation 3 edition will accompany their PlayStation Portable, Wii and DS counterparts to stores next month, as they've been re-categorized as Q1 2011 products.

So which is it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

Here is the information fro the Ubisoft page dedicated to the Game.

MICHAEL JACKSON THE EXPERIENCE
GAME INFO
No artist in history has commanded the stage like Michael Jackson, the undisputed King of Pop. With over 800 million albums sold worldwide and 13 #1 singles in the U.S, there is no doubt that Michael Jackson’s music influenced pop culture as we know it today. Michael Jackson The Experience is the ultimate performance game featuring the world’s ultimate performer - providing an interactive experience that enables players to step into the shoes of Michael Jackson himself and re-live his most iconic moments through their own performance. Michael Jackson The Experience includes the original songs you know and love from his extensive catalog, including Billie Jean and Beat It, and proves that anybody can groove like the King of Pop!

FEATURES:
Xbox Kinect:
- Single player gameplay, multiplayer dance challenges, dance crew performances and jump-in/jump-out features make The Experience the ultimate party game.
- A crew of expert backup dancers and Michael’s Dance School help take your performance to the next level – great for beginners and experienced performers.
- Next gen technology allows players to interact with the music in new and amazing ways, letting them star in their own Michael Jackson video.
- Players have the option to sing along to their favorite tracks while simultaneously showing off their dance moves, providing the ultimate pop star experience.
- Kinect version leverages proprietary Player Projection technology that puts their image in the game.

PLATFORM: PLAYSTATION®3
PLAYSTATION®3 Move:
- Single player gameplay, multiplayer dance challenges, dance crew performances and jump-in/jump-out features make The Experience the ultimate party game.
- A crew of expert backup dancers and Michael’s Dance School help take your performance to the next level – great for beginners and experienced performers.
- Next gen technology allows players to interact with the music in new and amazing ways, letting them star in their own Michael Jackson video.
- Players have the option to sing along to their favorite tracks while simultaneously showing off their dance moves, providing the ultimate pop star experience.

PLATFORM: PSP® System
FEATURES: PlayStation Portable:
- Experience Michael Jackson’s music with handheld rhythm games that immerse players in his legendary songs and iconic moves.

PLATFORM: Wii™
FEATURES: Nintendo Wii:
- Anybody can dance like the King of Pop with the fun and accessible gameplay that made Just Dance a worldwide hit.
- Family and friends can relive the magic of their favorite Michael Jackson songs in multi-player and competitive modes making The Experience the ultimate party game.

PLATFORM: Nintendo DS™
FEATURES: Nintendo DS:
- Experience Michael Jackson’s music with handheld rhythm games that immerse players in his legendary songs and iconic moves.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you for taking the time to put all that up :)

but it doesn't answer the question...why have it ONLY JUST listed under 2010 then release a statement saying its 2011.
Not directed at you I'm just asking that question....seems a bit odd
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

but it doesn't answer the question...why have it ONLY JUST listed under 2010 then release a statement saying its 2011.
1.Why wasn't it the game listed at all on Ubisoft until recently?

2. Why is the release date listed only as November without an actual date on Ubisoft's website? Why does the article state that the release date was known as November 26? Why if the release date has been pushed back the Company's website hasn't been updated? The company website seems to be the place where people would be looking for information about Ubisoft's game releases, so it seems odd that it isn't kept current.

3. Since when was a game's official site a facebook page and why doesn't this "Official Site" have any mention anything about a delay in the release of the game?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"

1.Why wasn't it the game listed at all on Ubisoft until recently?

2. Why is the release date listed only as November without an actual date on Ubisoft's website? Why does the article state that the release date was known as November 26? Why if the release date has been pushed back the Company's website hasn't been updated? The company website seems to be the place where people would be looking for information about Ubisoft's game releases, so it seems odd that it isn't kept current.

3. Since when was a game's official site a facebook page and why doesn't this "Official Site" have any mention anything about a delay in the release of the game?

1.Exactly...just like the 'album' a general release date of around November 2010 was given but no promotion followed and then around sept/October when people began to question where it was going..was it coming out...what was the deal with it...a statement was released saying it was being held back until 2011
Working in music I know more or less EXACTLY how many months of promo and hard non stop work go into a new album release,regardless of the artist but for a Michael Jackson album..should of been double efforts made,a date set and so on...but nope.I knew months ago it would never be out this year.
Same with the game...where has all the promo been...???? One obviously fake/set up youtube video that doesn't even resemble a real Wii commercial.They used a TII dancer in it to top it off.
I have not seen it on TV in the UK or in the US,nor in any magazine,etc.
Since the guy is you know 'DEAD' you would think more effort would go into promoting his post humous merchandise since he can't do it himself but zero effort has been made with either of these products.
To not have an obvious number 1 selling game release listed on your website is highly suspect and just unbelieveable really.

That article only came out today which is just a month before it's due date....I think a little more warning would have been given.They obviously knew it had problems or needed polishing so why leave it till now.People as peacock said^ are going to buy an actual console to play it on...if I was a parent or had bought a Wii or Xbox solely for this..i'd be fucking pissed.
Those game company's pay people to update websites daily..i know..my friend does something similar for Sony games as well as tests them(cushy job)

Triumph International -MJ's company which is now run by Al malnik (also Blankets godfather and did claim to be his actual biological father but we won't go into that here lol)
It was halted in 2007 and just after MJ'died' and before his FL funeral..it was back up and running....
TI owns everything to do with MJ's name and image and therefore a big part of MJ's estate issues.Never hear him mentioned though do you.....
this is the link for the businesses registered for Michael Jackson.

you can see the Triumph International name at the very end of the game video on youtube in VERY small print.

If both this game and the album where going to bring money in to the estate which is apparently in so much trouble...why has more effort not been put in to make sure they are released on time and fans aren't kept waiting a year and a half + after Michael 'died...they will rake in Millions across the world.

Neither had an official release date..just a month...both November....both held back.November is PRIME christmas shopping sell time!

I don't think a high profile game has ever only just had a facebook page..there is ALWAYS a website linked off the makers site and availble for general info,cheats,etc etc...

[youtube:1eoigjtp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc-X4BLY21U[/youtube:1eoigjtp]

MMMHMMM....once again...nothing adds up.

Also,lets not forget this game features Michael's dance moves so how long has this been being made?...surely they needed the main man to put the sensors on so they could track his moves and transfer them into a virtual movement for the game..or was someone else used for this as well??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

so lets see if i have this straight : the game has been delayed because they found out they have the cababilities to make it do more than they thought it had before when they set the first release date?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

October 24, 2010, 12:54:19 PM
Quote from: "suspicious mind"
so lets see if i have this straight : the game has been delayed because they found out they have the cababilities to make it do more than they thought it had before when they set the first release date?

Apart from everything else I mentioned above that is fishy and not normal for a game release,pretty much...and they only just realised a month before it is due on shelves across the globe....what.ever.

Shouldn't it be like..getting packaged up and shipped out a month before..and advertisements be up months ago in places like GAME and so on...way back in summer/early fall...

They knew this wouldn't be out months ago.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

October 24, 2010, 01:09:57 PM

Apart from everything else I mentioned above that is fishy and not normal for a game release,pretty much...and they only just realised a month before it is due on shelves across the globe....what.ever.

Shouldn't it be like..getting packaged up and shipped out a month before..and advertisements be up months ago in places like GAME and so on...way back in summer/early fall...

so read it again and substitute the word hoax for game :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

October 24, 2010, 01:23:39 PM

Read which bit again??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

October 24, 2010, 01:36:04 PM
[/size]Apart from everything else I mentioned above that is fishy and not normal for a game release,pretty much...and they only just realised a month before it is due on shelves across the globe....what.ever.

Read which bit again??

or maybe not to replace with hoax but bam
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I see now.. That flows TOO perfectly with hoax and bam instead...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions