Why in the world would Lisa even have thought about a custody battle? Who thinks about this when the talk of having children comes up? In my opinion she talked with the officials at her Scientology Church and perhaps it was mentioned just how powerful Michael is. Afterall Lisa did promise to have a baby, so what happend to change her mind? And isn't Oprah a Scientologist?

Before you go into a marriage, there is always the discussion of having kids, this is the one thing that both of you need to be on the same page about otherwise there will be arguments and hurt feelings, just like what happened with Lisa and Michael.

There were other issues other than the baby that drove them apart and perhaps Michael just got tired of it all and wanted a baby and found a way to have one - she called his bluff and lost. Sometimes two people are attracted to each other and do love each other but they just can't be married to each other.

Love you Michael!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Quote from: "reading_on"
I do think they were in love. It was in the body language when they thought no one was looking. It is in her eyes. I like the interview with her. It felt to me like she was trying to wash the bad away, let people know that she really really loves him not just loved him. It has to be complicated to be a celebrity.

On Scientology. They spoke of it during Primetime Live with Diane Sawyer way back when,and Micheal firmly denied joining, but that did seem to waiver the fact the Lisa said there would be children.
The one thing that soured that interview was when Diane asked Michael if he was planning on adopting Lisa's children. Diane pushed and pushed until it looked like Michael was put in a bad position and then said yes. Lisa was not comfortable with that, and rightfully so, the point was, they had a living involved biological father. I really don't think Michael meant to say yes to that, it looked like a pushed confused question. Further on Scientology.. craziest thing that is accepted as real. End of story

that was such a weird question on sawyers part :o  lisa's reaction was appropriate. michael i don't think knew what hit him when she asked that. i have to wonder if it wasn't to plant the thought that michael was seeking her out because she had young children as an abuser might do.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Quote from: "suspicious mind"
Quote from: "reading_on"
I do think they were in love. It was in the body language when they thought no one was looking. It is in her eyes. I like the interview with her. It felt to me like she was trying to wash the bad away, let people know that she really really loves him not just loved him. It has to be complicated to be a celebrity.

On Scientology. They spoke of it during Primetime Live with Diane Sawyer way back when,and Micheal firmly denied joining, but that did seem to waiver the fact the Lisa said there would be children.
The one thing that soured that interview was when Diane asked Michael if he was planning on adopting Lisa's children. Diane pushed and pushed until it looked like Michael was put in a bad position and then said yes. Lisa was not comfortable with that, and rightfully so, the point was, they had a living involved biological father. I really don't think Michael meant to say yes to that, it looked like a pushed confused question. Further on Scientology.. craziest thing that is accepted as real. End of story

that was such a weird question on sawyers part :o  lisa's reaction was appropriate. michael i don't think knew what hit him when she asked that. i have to wonder if it wasn't to plant the thought that michael was seeking her out because she had young children as an abuser might do.

yea.. I don't know why in the world that question was asked.. and in my earlier post I had meant to say that Michael answering no to joining her belief DIDN'T waiver her decision on kids, she was all for it.(I made a typing boo boo before).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

suspicious mind

i wonder if at this point if they all came out and swore on a stack of bibles if  we would be able to believe anything :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Man that's really bad if Michael said that to her
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael knocking out the media one day at a time lool

:|

Quote from: "*Mo*"
Quote from: "2MuchMJLuv"
Quote from: "~Souza~"

LMP was (stills is?) with the scientology church. Maybe she wanted him to join it as well, before she would have his baby and he refused.

I seriously doubt that. If that were the case, she would've said that. With LM, you just never know I mean she knew that he wanted children BEFORE she'd married him. Why marry him if you knew that you weren't interested in having children with him, nor completely over your ex?

You mean that if that were the case, she would have said that on Oprah..?  Like: "I told him I would have his baby if he would join the scientology church"?  Nah...

Especially because she knew upfront that Mike wanted children so badly, this would have been the perfect emotional blackmail to lure him into the scientology church.  I think the scientology church would have been highly interested in having Michael Jackson, because that would have meant loads and loads of new members as his fans would have followed him there.

If it's true that he told her "If you're not gonna do it, Debbie says she'll do it" then I would fully understand that.  That was a way to have children without getting involved with the scientology church.  Mike is not an idiot, he knows very well that once you're involved with the scientology church there's no way out.

Emotionally blackmailing him to not have his baby unless he would join the scientology church sounds highly plausible.

Ok, but how would she benefit from converting him? I know NOTHING about Scientology, is there a conversion ratio? She has been described as selfish and seems to care about how she comes across as well as her cred. I was thinking more along the lines of "He and I were in 2 totally different places. I belong to the church and he didn't. Having a child would've made matters more complex..."  This is a difficult debate because we weren't there. MJ touched on it briefly with the Rabbi.

Since you said you know nothing about the scientology church I suggest you start doing some research.  Here's a good  post from Im_convincedmjalive to start with:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wow! I didn't know that. Now that certainly explains things.

Quote from: "suspicious mind"
Quote from: "~Souza~"

LMP was (stills is?) with the scientology church. Maybe she wanted him to join it as well, before she would have his baby and he refused.

I seriously doubt that. If that were the case, she would've said that. With LM, you just never know I mean she knew that he wanted children BEFORE she'd married him. Why marry him if you knew that you weren't interested in having children with him, nor completely over your ex?

You mean that if that were the case, she would have said that on Oprah..?  Like: "I told him I would have his baby if he would join the scientology church"?  Nah...

Especially because she knew upfront that Mike wanted children so badly, this would have been the perfect emotional blackmail to lure him into the scientology church.  I think the scientology church would have been highly interested in having Michael Jackson, because that would have meant loads and loads of new members as his fans would have followed him there.

If it's true that he told her "If you're not gonna do it, Debbie says she'll do it" then I would fully understand that.  That was a way to have children without getting involved with the scientology church.  Mike is not an idiot, he knows very well that once you're involved with the scientology church there's no way out.

Emotionally blackmailing him to not have his baby unless he would join the scientology church sounds highly plausible.

Ok, but how would she benefit from converting him? I know NOTHING about Scientology, is there a conversion ratio? She has been described as selfish and seems to care about how she comes across as well as her cred. I was thinking more along the lines of "He and I were in 2 totally different places. I belong to the church and he didn't. Having a child would've made matters more complex..."  This is a difficult debate because we weren't there. MJ touched on it briefly with the Rabbi.

ideally the thought behind converting someone would be that you want them to have this same thing that you have found because it is good and you believe it is the way to go.but when it is a cult the top dog is the one who benefits financially.

she did also suggest that she hesitated because she did not want to go toe to toe with him in a custody battle if it came down to it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Quote from: "MJ King Of Pop"
Quote from: "anewfan"
I have often wondered if the reason she didn't have a child with MJ was because he had told her of his plans to hoax his death. In her blog, the day after he died, she said that they had talked about her father's death and that MJ feared he would end up the same as her father. ("The scenario", I believe she called it.) Do you think it's a possibility that she just simply did not want her child to go through what she went through as a child?

she has always said they talked bout tat but i don't think mike would have told her cause she part of the scientolgy church

Anything is possible. But did MJ know that Elvis faked his death? Did LMP tell him? That is also a question we need to find out. Unless Elvis told MJ if they were close enough. That story about LMP saying that Michael will end up like Elvis always bugged me a little.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Having watched LMP's interview with Oprah twice now, I am not convinced she was being entirely honest.  That's not because there are various videos around showing how she said one thing then later changed her story, even over how they met and who was pursuing whom.  I have always felt that LMP is a complex character and she also knows how to manipulate the media for her own interest.  She now likes to play the innocent and say Michael was the puppeteer and she had to go along with certain things because she was his wife.

She also said she didn't like to push herself into the spotlight.  Not the impression I always had, from the time her first child was born she was on the cover of a magazine with her announcing it to the world.  She mentioned in the Diane Sawyer interview that she wasn't interested in a music career but she changed her tune on that too (no pun intended).  From the interview she and Priscilla did with Oprah after she and MJ divorced they were talking as though being a singer was always her destiny and she'd always sung and written songs.  Yet when she married Michael she seemed content to just be his wife and let him get on with being King of Pop.

I seriously doubt she was naive enough to only know about hangers-on and "vampires" as she called them, towards the end of the marriage.  She would have known beforehand and she would have had enough reason then to doubt whether having children was a good idea.  Yet she must have agreed to have kids or Michael wouldn't have married her.

Scientology is always an ominous presence in my opinion.  Many people claimed Michael married her to get his hands on Elvis' estate/catalog, but why?  Why would he even want to do that, it was just another smokescreen to go along with the idea that he was trying to rebuild his reputation and seem like a regular guy.

In my mind Lisa Marie has said and done enough throughout her life to earn my distrust, so whether she was saying what MJ wanted her to say or not on Oprah, I still got the feeling that she was misleading us in a lot of what she said.  The remarks about the proposal and it being different from her previous accounts reminded me a bit of Dave Dave and the deliberate mistakes he made on Larry King, as if to say "Hello?  Game Time?  Anyone paying attention and actually going to check out what I just said to make sure it's accurate?".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

I remember that interview so well,and always wondered why that diane asked if Michael was going to adopt Lisa,s children,I was like (WHAT)I couldnt believe what she was saying,and thought what a stupid question,when their dad was in their lives,I thought is that woman stupid or thick,and I was waiting for Michael or Lisa to say no,and explain to the stupid woman why.They both seemed so nieve and gulable back then.imo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lisa Marie was a leech who only wanted to 'fix' Michael. She didn't have babies with him because she was a selfish woman who didn't want a black baby. Simple as that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

At the Grammy Awards in 1993 Michael talks about doing a cleansing fast at 2:52 in this video. This is around where he and Lisa are getting to know each other, possibly already heavily involved, but not officially. This sounds like she already at this point had introduced him to Scientology and that is one of their stages of involvement. My opinion is he was willing to see what it was all about, do the fast, since Michael has always been one to learn about everything. However he is one  very independent thinker, always learning from the best, taking what he likes and incorporating it into his own eclectic belief system. In other words nobody converts him to theirs. "Keep fighting until you are the King of the hill." 8-) It's too bad Lisa didn't follow her dad Elvis' awareness of Scientology--he wanted nothing to do with them, they disgusted him, and I'm guessing it was a factor why he and Priscilla split up. Also if they are a contolling cult and dangerous to get out of or speak against, Lisa may also have warned Michael about them too. I believe there's more to Lisa than meets the eye, and we'll have to practice a wait-and-see policy. Lisa may just be a closet Scientology rebel.
[youtube:23hebpjt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Ei7_10s18&feature=related[/youtube:23hebpjt]

Whether or not Oprah is a Scientologist I can't seem to find a firm answer, but they seem to be a force to be reckoned with. How they are involved with L and M's marriage, that perhaps is why the certificate is full of legal flaws to be null and void if the church puts on pressure. Maybe having children with an outside surrogate mother in Debbie and other woman was the best strategy on Michael's part. We simply do not know how much acting for the sake of the public is going on. It is my firm conviction that Lisa and Michael are still in love with each other, in a tricky, complex game filled with enemies.

15. Re: Is Oprah a Closet Scientologist?
May 17, 2008 12:57 PM   |   In response to: bewaresci

I think Oprah is in a weird place with Scientology. Her friendship with Cruise and fan-like adulation of his looks and movies, coupled with giving him the opportunity to explain away controversy in his views and behavior, as a "misunderstanding" skirts the edge of being tacit approval. I think that was a bad decision.

She could also be well aware of the scary power and vindictiveness that Scientology uses against anyone who exposes it for what it is. Oprah would rather use her millions for good causes, that fighting the onslaught of legal cases that any show on Scientology would bring her.

Then there was the way they went after the award-winning author of the article of the 1991 article on Scientology in TIME magazine, in attempt to destroy his integrity and career. Oprah could do two shows just on journalists and others who have written about Scientology and have experienced outrageous backlash perpetrated by cult members. Recently, even a hired blogger/journalist in the Wash. Post section on religion mentioned that she felt she was being followed after she started writing and researching some articles about Scientology.

If Oprah had a show on Scientology, including an objective researcher who knows its history, and guests who escaped the cult, Oprah would lose Tom Cruise, Elfman (big loss there, ha ha), Travolta etc. as friends AND they would never come on her show again. In return, she would get HUGE publicity from it. I think she would be top-of-the-news for weeks.

The fact is, the truth about Scientology, is out there now, all over on the web, and everywhere but their official sites. Miscavige (top guy of Scientology) is on YOUTUBE talking about wanting to "obliterate psychiatry." Cruise in on YOUTUBE ranting about a world in a hundred years, free of SPs, "Suppressive Persons" or people who are critical of Scientology, who under Scientology's beliefs, should be messed up or destroyed.

If Oprah is too afraid to expose Scientology, or doesn't really want to know anything about it, or has other priorities, than what is left? What is left is us. We who have no friendships to risk, who are sincerely interested in the truth. I feel I can't do much for people in the cult, even with all the injustice and abuses, but I can do a lot in warning people about joining.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
I think the relationship was genuine (even though I can't stand LMP) :roll:

I think the thing that Michael loved about her was also the thing that broke them up.  LMP could hold her own. She had her own money, fame, identity etc....she didn't need Michael nor did she worship him like most of the women in his life did (which I think is what he found attractive about her---she didn't chase him).  She'd tell him to "go take a hike", roll her eyes and keep stepping....and it was the same for him. They both came at each other with the same power. Both of them had strong personalities and both of them were used to "getting their own way".  THAT WAS THE PROBLEM! Neither wanted to compromise.

I do think she promised him they'd have children (but she went into the marriage with the mindset to wait a while)...not because she didn't want any kids with him, but that she was still on the rebound from her marriage to Danny (I mean really...they were still taking vacations together?! yikes!)...plus she was rebelling against her mother who didn't approve of either marriage...Danny or Michael.

I think Michael knew LMP wanted to wait to have kids, but figured he could change her mind (again, he's used to getting what he wants!....he is Michael Jackson after all, women faint in his arms,lol :lol: )

It seems like their relationship was "intense" from the very beginning.  Neither was afraid to argue or throw a fit (like little children). It's clear they knew how to hurt each other. Michael would taunt her with Debbie's offer and LMP would go on vacations with her ex-husband to retaliate.

I think this relationship was very much "Love-Hate"....and like any intense relationship it was in the extremes with everything! But I do think it was genuine affection.

As for the Scientology, Elvis Estate, etc...Michael was no fool...he knew how to barter and I'm sure they each negotiated to get "their way" with each other. Michael probably promised to "join" Scientology, but only after LMP had his baby and LMP would only have the baby if he joined first (and thus the battle insues!)

I think now that LMP is older and more mature, she realizes what mistakes they made. I truly believe they couldn't work it out because they were just too much alike.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "MJonmind"
At the Grammy Awards in 1993 Michael talks about doing a cleansing fast at 2:52 in this video. This is around where he and Lisa are getting to know each other, possibly already heavily involved, but not officially. This sounds like she already at this point had introduced him to Scientology and that is one of their stages of involvement. My opinion is he was willing to see what it was all about, do the fast, since Michael has always been one to learn about everything. However he is one  very independent thinker, always learning from the best, taking what he likes and incorporating it into his own eclectic belief system. In other words nobody converts him to theirs. "Keep fighting until you are the King of the hill." 8-) It's too bad Lisa didn't follow her dad Elvis' awareness of Scientology--he wanted nothing to do with them, they disgusted him, and I'm guessing it was a factor why he and Priscilla split up. Also if they are a contolling cult and dangerous to get out of or speak against, Lisa may also have warned Michael about them too. I believe there's more to Lisa than meets the eye, and we'll have to practice a wait-and-see policy. Lisa may just be a closet Scientology rebel.
[youtube:1qvkpcr1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Ei7_10s18&feature=related[/youtube:1qvkpcr1]

Whether or not Oprah is a Scientologist I can't seem to find a firm answer, but they seem to be a force to be reckoned with. How they are involved with L and M's marriage, that perhaps is why the certificate is full of legal flaws to be null and void if the church puts on pressure. Maybe having children with an outside surrogate mother in Debbie and other woman was the best strategy on Michael's part. We simply do not know how much acting for the sake of the public is going on. It is my firm conviction that Lisa and Michael are still in love with each other, in a tricky, complex game filled with enemies.

15. Re: Is Oprah a Closet Scientologist?
May 17, 2008 12:57 PM   |   In response to: bewaresci

I think Oprah is in a weird place with Scientology. Her friendship with Cruise and fan-like adulation of his looks and movies, coupled with giving him the opportunity to explain away controversy in his views and behavior, as a "misunderstanding" skirts the edge of being tacit approval. I think that was a bad decision.

She could also be well aware of the scary power and vindictiveness that Scientology uses against anyone who exposes it for what it is. Oprah would rather use her millions for good causes, that fighting the onslaught of legal cases that any show on Scientology would bring her.

Then there was the way they went after the award-winning author of the article of the 1991 article on Scientology in TIME magazine, in attempt to destroy his integrity and career. Oprah could do two shows just on journalists and others who have written about Scientology and have experienced outrageous backlash perpetrated by cult members. Recently, even a hired blogger/journalist in the Wash. Post section on religion mentioned that she felt she was being followed after she started writing and researching some articles about Scientology.

If Oprah had a show on Scientology, including an objective researcher who knows its history, and guests who escaped the cult, Oprah would lose Tom Cruise, Elfman (big loss there, ha ha), Travolta etc. as friends AND they would never come on her show again. In return, she would get HUGE publicity from it. I think she would be top-of-the-news for weeks.

The fact is, the truth about Scientology, is out there now, all over on the web, and everywhere but their official sites. Miscavige (top guy of Scientology) is on YOUTUBE talking about wanting to "obliterate psychiatry." Cruise in on YOUTUBE ranting about a world in a hundred years, free of SPs, "Suppressive Persons" or people who are critical of Scientology, who under Scientology's beliefs, should be messed up or destroyed.

If Oprah is too afraid to expose Scientology, or doesn't really want to know anything about it, or has other priorities, than what is left? What is left is us. We who have no friendships to risk, who are sincerely interested in the truth. I feel I can't do much for people in the cult, even with all the injustice and abuses, but I can do a lot in warning people about joining.

I have always believed that this speach at the Grammys was singificant as it is the outfit he wore here  that was the "outfit which was described  that he was buried in for the funeral"  that La Toya described. JMO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Quote from: "Ijustcantstoplovingu"
I have always believed that this speach at the Grammys was singificant as it is the outfit he wore here  that was the "outfit which was described  that he was buried in for the funeral"  that La Toya described. JMO

And JMO as well  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal