Serenitys_Dream

Charlie Chaplin's Time Traveler in 1928 Film?
October 21, 2010, 06:48:31 PM
Very weird...

This short film is about a piece of footage I (George Clarke) found behind the scenes in Charlie Chaplins film 'The Circus'. Attending the premiere at Manns Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, CA - the scene shows a large woman dressed in black with a hat hiding most of her face, with what can only be described as a mobile phone device - talking as she walks alone.

I have studied this film for over a year now - showing it to over 100 people and at a film festival, yet no-one can give any explanation as to what she is doing.

My only theory - as well as many others - is simple... a time traveler on a mobile phone. See for yourself and feel free to leave a comment on your own explanation or thoughts about it.

George - 20th October 2010

[youtube:2rpm0icx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU[/youtube:2rpm0icx]

yellowfeverbelfast
23 hours ago

Look closer... there is a solid item in her hand, in fact, at one point, she adjusts her index and middle fingers at the top of it...
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let's see... That time traveller must be someone from the current cell-phone era who loved/loves Chaplin so much that he inserted himself into one of his films!  Now who could that be?  ;)

Sorry everyone, I'm just joking.  I've no idea what is going on in that video ( :shock: ), but that person looks like a man to me.  And the shoes... :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Unfortunately, I can't watch this with sound right now but this subject title reminded me of something:

June 16, 2008

SPIKE LEE ACQUIRES FILM RIGHTS TO

TIME TRAVELER

by Dr. Ronald Mallett with Bruce Henderson
New York, NY - Film rights to TIME TRAVELER by Dr. Ronald Mallett with Bruce Henderson --the inspiring memoir by one of America's first African American Ph.D.'s in theoretical physics who has discovered the basic equations for a working time machine -- have been acquired by director Spike Lee's production company, Forty Acres & A Mule Filmworks, Inc. The Emmy-winning and Academy Award-nominated Lee will co-write the script and direct.

TIME TRAVELER: A Scientist's Personal Mission to Make Time Travel a Reality (Basic Books) is the compelling and touching story of a man whose deep childhood trauma -- at age ten the sudden death of his father -- drove him on a quest to build a time machine in an attempt to go back in time to save his father. In telling his story, Mallett explains in "easy-to-read" (Publishers Weekly) language and elegant metaphors the physics that makes time travel possible -- based on Einstein's theories of relativity -- and offers what New Scientist's editor Michael Brooks calls an "actual blueprint for a time machine." The title has been reprinted in Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
Kirkus Reviews found TIME TRAVELER an "inspiring blend of personal narrative and scientific exploration," and the London Daily Mail said of Mallett: "In pursuit of his seemingly impossible goal, he has overcome poverty and prejudice to become one of only a handful of top-flight black physicists in the United States."

Lee recently finished filming Miracle at St. Anna, based on the novel that follows members of the U.S. Army's 92nd Division of all-black buffalo soldiers during World War II as they become trapped between forces beyond their control and between different worlds. Regarding TIME TRAVELER, Lee says: "I'm elated to have acquired the rights to a fantastic story on many levels, but also a father-and-son saga of loss and love."

Mallett received his B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. in physics from Pennsylvania State University. He worked for United Technologies from 1973-5, and in 1975 joined the physics faculty at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, where he has been a professor of theoretical physics ever since. Mallett has published numerous papers on black holes and cosmology in professional journals. His breakthrough research on time travel has been featured extensively in the media around the world, including NPR's This American Life, and the History Channel, Science Channel and Learning Channel. Mallett resides in East Hartford, Connecticut.

Henderson is the author or co-author of more than twenty nonfiction books, including Down to the Sea (Smithsonian/Collins) and True North (W. W. Norton). His previous titles include a #1 New York Times hardcover bestseller, And the Sea Will Tell. He teaches writing at Stanford University, and lives in Menlo Park, California.

Mallett and Henderson are represented by Paul Bresnick Literary Agency, LLC, New York, and for film by United Talent Agency.  Source:http://www.phys.uconn.edu/~mallett/main/aspikeleefilm.htm

May not mean much to this video or the hoax but something to think about since Spike Lee and MJ have worked together.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

....I love Charlie Chaplin, he makes me laugh as much as he makes me cry!

The time Traveller in the premiere footage of the Circus is indeed weird! Don't think mobile phone existed in 1928!  I wanted to find a copy of the DVD or a pre - 2010 posting of the so called premiere footage on the internet but my search came to nothing!

All the comments related to this "time traveler" are recent and all available footage of the video on the internet are also recent.... which make me think it is a HOAX... The only way to debunk it would be to get older footages and make some comparisons.

2 things come to mind:
-Shortly after the "time traveller walk through" an elephant appear ---> if this is in any way associated with the MJ Hoax, it could be an association with PT Barnum (Memorial) forward thinking to Cirque du Soleil. (Time traveler)
-The last release of the DVD was by Warner Home Video in 2004 ---> It is a subsidiary of time Warner, the company that filmed the controversial Chilean mining accident and only recently acquired Chilevision SA from Chilean President Sebastian Pinera.

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

~Souza~

Well as weird as it might be, a time traveler would not be possible imo. Let's assume someone would be able to travel through time back to 1928, which is theoretically possible, then my question is: how would he be able to actually use this phone. Who is he calling with and through what? Using a cell at least requiers a satellite. I think it's a hoax, maybe someone edited himself into it. If it's original footage, I don't have an explanation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

I not if it is fake, will it be able to be only a part of Carlitos's genius?, (this way they say to him in many Spanish-speaking countries) Somehow he was a visionary. Probably it could imagine that in a not very distant future it was possible to communicate this way, and decided to leave this document us as an enterteining and intriguing joke. Let's not forget that Julio Verne felt many devices that were invented after many years
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

~Souza~

Quote from: "paula-c"
I not if it is fake, will it be able to be only a part of Carlitos's genius?, (this way they say to him in many Spanish-speaking countries) Somehow he was a visionary. Probably it could imagine that in a not very distant future it was possible to communicate this way, and decided to leave this document us as an enterteining and intriguing joke. Let's not forget that Julio Verne felt many devices that were invented after many years

That could be an explanation... :!:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

This makes me think of the John Titor hoax.  A self proclaimed time traveller from 2036.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It seems that the so called time traveller is a man/woman wearing an hearing aid:

;)

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

Quote from: "TheRunningGirl"
It seems that the so called time traveller is a man/woman wearing an hearing aid:

;)

With L.O.V.E

:lol:  So a hoax!
Thank you so much RG
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
Quote from: "TheRunningGirl"

;)

With L.O.V.E

:lol:  So a hoax!
Thank you so much RG

;) My Pleasure SD.

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

Haha great!  :D

Although time travel has always fascinated me especially the so called 'time slips" after I watched a documentary about this phenomenon.

There have been several documented cases.

"A time slip (also called a timeslip) is an alleged paranormal phenomenon in which a person, or group of people, travel through time via unknown means. As with all paranormal phenomena, the objective reality of such experiences is disputed."

[youtube:370yedwf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdWXMD4rOGQ[/youtube:370yedwf]
[youtube:370yedwf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqQV_UzVQks[/youtube:370yedwf]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"
Well as weird as it might be, a time traveler would not be possible imo. Let's assume someone would be able to travel through time back to 1928, which is theoretically possible, then my question is: how would he be able to actually use this phone. Who is he calling with and through what? Using a cell at least requiers a satellite. I think it's a hoax, maybe someone edited himself into it. If it's original footage, I don't have an explanation.

Maybe this person is so far into the future that they've discovered a way to get cellphone reception without the towers, I mean if we can figure out time travel, they wouldn't have figured out that?  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

sprint911

HOAX!! But time traveling is real!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

All this kind of stuff and the related Youtube stuff is so immensely entertaining to me. The vast majority are hoaxes but maybe a few--you never know! I find it amazing that this guy spotted that strange detail at all. I've always thought that the only way I think I could enjoy eternity in an immortal body, is if we could time travel throughout history, anywhere anytime. The hollodeck on Startrek idea is a kind of taste of that pure joy of experiencing that. Of course many movies are based on someone travelling to another time. I've wondered if Ezekiel's wheels within wheels was not some kind of time machine, since it resembles the devise in the movie Time Machine, if anyone has seen it.

If this woman is a time traveler ;) , she might be saying,"Get me out of here fast, I think someone just spotted me with a camera, and that could alter history." or "Are they ever gonna crack up 80 years from now, my job is done, get me out of here."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions