DoTopic starter

Plans to take 'This is It' on the road??
October 19, 2010, 04:02:40 PM
I don't know if this is already posted before, if so, then please remove.

Drummer Jonathan Moffett reveals plans to take ‘This Is It’ on the road. Michael’s longtime drummer and friend Jonathan Moffett has revealed the existence of plans to take Michael’s ‘This Is It’ tour on the road. Moffett said “there is still talk of taking the ‘This Is It’ tour around the world. The entire set is sitting in a warehouse somewhere ready to go, it’s just a matter of figuring out how best to do it. Various concepts had been discussed, but they all include the entire cast of the original show, including Australian guitarist Orianthi Pnagaris. Whether we get some big name artists to sing, or Michael impersonators, or use a mix of video technology and holograms, there are plans to take the show on the road.”

” He is invincible to me. “

Moffett, who keeps in regular contact with the entire Jackson family and still works musically with siblings Janet and Jermaine, said it took him a long time to accept Michael had died. “At one point I couldn’t accept it was a reality. How could he not be here? He is invincible to me. But now it’s time to celebrate his life, legacy, and contribution to music.”

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

:shock:  :shock:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

Re: Plans to take 'This is It' on the road??
October 20, 2010, 06:33:11 AM
WOOOOOOOW  :o  :shock:  :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 20, 2010, 08:57:01 AM
So Cassandra was right, then?  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

all4loveandbelieve

October 20, 2010, 12:27:29 PM
Quote from: "VeryLittleSusie"
So Cassandra was right, then?  8-)

What did Cassandra say?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

October 20, 2010, 12:45:04 PM
I really do not like that idea there is no one out there to take the place of MJ and perform the this is it.

It is a waste of time, no doubles and no one else will be able to measure up to MJ.
Please do not even think of getting Jermaine Jackson he sound terribe. Did you see the Vegas show It was okay but I would not have wasted my money to go and see his show.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

October 20, 2010, 12:46:48 PM
Quote from: "dominque"
I really do not like that idea there is no one out there to take the place of MJ and perform the this is it.

Maybe they won't need to replace him  ;)  You never know..

Either way, it sounds very interesting!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DoTopic starter

October 20, 2010, 03:51:38 PM
I found some additional info in the comments on the LKL blog, I don't know the source.

For 30 years, Jonathan Moffet, drummer, worked with Michael and with other great musicians. Currently, Jonathan is performing in Australia and has now arrived in Melbourne for an appearance at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre. In an interview Jonathan spoke of his part in the rehearsals for the ‘This Is It’ concerts revealing, that just one week before Michael passed away, the musicians had their contracts extended by a couple of years.

About a week before he died we all had our contracts extended by a couple of years,” he said. “Michael told us we had five years to change the world. So after we did a year or so at the O2 arena in London we planned to bring the show on the road.”

In a world first, Jonathan is going to be playing a collection of Michael’s hits for the first time since his death. “I have ten tracks that we were going to play during the ‘This Is It’ Tour, and I will be playing through those tracks just like we would have in concert,” he said. “It’s a dedication to Michael. He’s like family to me, I spent more than half of my life with him. I saw him the night before he died at rehearsals and he was great…I just remember how happy he was. After that I needed time to mourn, I miss him so much. But I’ve realised now I want to play his music forever, it brings me so much joy and brings back so many memories.”

Jonathan, who keeps in regular contact with the entire Jackson family and still works musically with Janet and Jermaine, said it has taken him a long time to accept Michael’s death. “At one point I couldn’t accept it was a reality. How could he not be here? He is invincible to me. But now it’s time to celebrate his life, legacy, and contribution to music.”

Jonathan added that there was still talk of taking the ‘This Is It’ tour around the world. “The entire set is sitting in a warehouse somewhere ready to go, it’s just a matter of figuring out how best to do it.” Various concepts had been discussed, but they all included the entire cast of the original show, including Australian guitarist Orianthi Pangaris. “Whether we get some big name artists to sing, or Michael impersonators, or use a mix of video technology and holograms, there are plans to take the show on the road.”

Indeed it's very interesting, but only when Michael is the main star in it!!!! It doesn't feel right to me when an impersonator is doing his part, NO WAY!!!! But somehow I feel that the are 'ready to go' on Michael's commend! About Cassandra (on the Derek Clontz website, I alsmost forgot about her!!), yes, she spoke about a worldtour, and now J. Moffet is also talking about a worldtour!!! Can they do that without Michael???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

October 20, 2010, 04:31:52 PM
Is it normal for them to keep all of the props, accesories, etc. "ready to go" 15 months after the cancellation of the entire tour? I just find it weird that they have this stuff all ready for use unless it was planned from the start for it to be like this. It should be interesting, if we ever find out an exact date for this "world tour". July 2011 sounds like a dealbreaker...  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
June 25, 2009 - The Day I Woke Up

CC

October 20, 2010, 04:39:55 PM
:shock:
 :shock:
 :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

October 20, 2010, 04:49:19 PM
WOW
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WHEN I SAY I LOVE YOU, MICHAEL YOU GOTTA KNOW THAT IT'S FOR ALL TIME

October 21, 2010, 12:38:18 AM
Very interesting, thanks for posting...will keep an eye on this thread.

All4loveandbelieve, Cassandra said something about an MJ comeback and a world tour after he recovered.  Not sure though, I never followed her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

October 21, 2010, 12:49:52 AM

There were multiple reports about taking TII on a world tour and those already emerged soon after 06/25/2009.  If I remember correct, Kenny Ortega even said so.  I'd rather credit someone like Kenny for it than the troll Cassandra.

Besides that, it's only logical to conclude there would be a tour after the TII residency gigs since for a looooong time we know that all people involved in the TII gigs have long term contracts.  That's just using common sense.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 21, 2010, 02:07:11 AM
Quote from: "*Mo*"

There were multiple reports about taking TII on a world tour and those already emerged soon after 06/25/2009.  If I remember correct, Kenny Ortega even said so.  I'd rather credit someone like Kenny for it than the troll Cassandra.

Besides that, it's only logical to conclude there would be a tour after the TII residency gigs since for a looooong time we know that all people involved in the TII gigs have long term contracts.  That's just using common sense.

And tickets go on sale 11/03/10 with the first show being 12/15/11.....Cirque du Soleil and Michael Jackson coming together in 2011!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DoTopic starter

October 21, 2010, 12:35:53 PM

I'm sorry Mo but I don't understand. I've never ever heard of a concert tour without the star, let alone a world tour after the star 'died' under suspicious circumstances. This doesn't feel right to me, even though it may be considered as a 'tribute-tour'. Please can you explain because I never heard of the multiple raports about a word tour. With love, ofcourse.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bertrand Russel

October 22, 2010, 12:21:51 AM
Quote from: "lovemj4everandever"

And tickets go on sale 11/03/10 with the first show being 12/15/11.....Cirque du Soleil and Michael Jackson coming together in 2011!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Your point is very well-said and very valid to me.

Thanks for sharing this excellent point!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal