Janet's movie.. "For Colored Girls"
October 18, 2010, 07:00:29 PM
I was just on Pandora Radio and went to my Michael Jackson channel... :D  And the advertisement was a preview for Janet's new movie called "For Colored Girls". I just think it's interesting that it came up on a Michael Jackson site. I think it's safe to say that where there's Janet, there's Michael. The two are always grouped together. Anyway, the release date of the movie is November 5th... Remember, remember the 5th of November...????  :shock:

Just thought it was interesting!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Serenitys_Dream

Re: Janet's movie.. "For Colored Girls"
October 18, 2010, 09:24:47 PM
For Colored Girls (2010)
Each of the women portray one of the characters represented in the collection of twenty poems, revealing different issues that impact women in general and women of color in particular.

[youtube:uw08zmaa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDWU_cFU9ZA[/youtube:uw08zmaa]

For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf
For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf is a 1975 play by Ntozake Shange. Initially staged in California, it has been performed Off-Broadway and on Broadway, and adapted as a book, a television movie, and a planned theatrical film. The 1977 Broadway production was nominated for a Tony Award for best play.

Structurally, For Colored Girls is a series of 20 poems, collectively called a "choreopoem." It is performed by a cast of seven women characters, each of whom is known only by a color: "Lady in Yellow," "Lady in Purple," etc. The poems deal with love, abandonment, rape, and abortion, embodied by each woman's story, i.e. Lady in Blue's visceral account of a woman who chooses to have an abortion, and Lady in Red's tale of domestic violence. The end of the play brings together all of the women for "a laying on of hands," in which Shange evokes the power of womanhood as the Lady in Red begins the mantra "I found God in myself/and I loved her/I loved her fiercely."
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions