*Mo*

Quote from: "looking4truth"
Quote from: "MJsForever"
I had to laugh when I read some of the posts, and I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone but, why would anyone listen to prince when there was THE Michael Jackson to listen too. Prince always seemed like a want to be, and not even in Michael's league. Not really ever a big deal here in the US.
Just my opinion

:lol: Were you here around 1980s? It was MJ and Prince period. And I am laughing at these posts comparing two artists that are extremely talented in their own right and could possibly be working on something TOGETHER to help YOU out? So why these high school comparisons? Can we grow up? Sorry this may not be my more lovely posts but I just got to keep it frank sometimes. There really shouldn't be any discussion on who is better because it is really a matter of opinion and they are both talented in their own right. Get over the competition. They did. Let's focus on the task at hand.

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

I have to say I have always liked Prince's music just as much as I like MJ's music - always have always will....and I was DEFINITELY there in the 80's and before then too...  :lol:

I think the media perpetuated the BS about them "hating" each other.

Perhaps one day we might even find out that Prince has been helping Michael in this somehow, someway....along with a few other "big name" celebrities.  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

[youtube:2gn2l2zn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebixbdkw_0I[/youtube:2gn2l2zn]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sky

Quote from: "trublu"
Quote from: "sprint911"
this is why prince turn down "bad"

[youtube:1bci3mxr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bziJhswX7aQ&feature=related[/youtube:1bci3mxr]
What he says at the end of the video is interesting.... :?

Cute! Yes we are coming to the age of lay down your weapons, and lay down your EGO'S.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "*Mo*"
[youtube:i3s86d89]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebixbdkw_0I[/youtube:i3s86d89]

Is that footage from the 02 Arena? I know someone said that that was the case but I am not too familiar with the arena. If so, that is a huge red flag to me. I also find it funny that people, who are not following this adventure with MJ, automatically noticed the similarity to this press conference and MJ's. I think this was done on purpose. I also thought it was interesting that he announced this at the Apollo, one of the central places the media focused on when MJ transitioned on June 25th. I still remember the sign on the Apollo Theatre. Also, the Apollo reminds me of the moon mission, which makes me think of moonwalker, etc. So maybe, I am going left field but I cannot help but notice these possible connectors. Perhaps, Prince is welcoming Michael to America on December 25th? It would make everything full circle but I doubt Michael would be there physically though due to safety. Or maybe, I am completely wrong.  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

*Mo*

[youtube:icqoqnkb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebixbdkw_0I[/youtube:icqoqnkb]

Is that footage from the 02 Arena? I know someone said that that was the case but I am not too familiar with the arena. If so, that is a huge red flag to me. I also find it funny that people, who are not following this adventure with MJ, automatically noticed the similarity to this press conference and MJ's. I think this was done on purpose. I also thought it was interesting that he announced this at the Apollo, one of the central places the media focused on when MJ transitioned on June 25th. I still remember the sign on the Apollo Theatre. Also, the Apollo reminds me of the moon mission, which makes me think of moonwalker, etc. So maybe, I am going left field but I cannot help but notice these possible connectors. Perhaps, Prince is welcoming Michael to America on December 25th? It would make everything full circle but I doubt Michael would be there physically though due to safety. Or maybe, I am completely wrong.  :lol:

I posted about the O2 footage on page 2 of this thread, it's a comment from someone who was at the Prince press conference in New York:

From MoQuake.com, regarding the video footage that was played during the press conference:

I was there. Stephen Hill (BET) said it was from the O2. The first clip was Prince playing Guitar. The second clip was the Controversy/Housequake medley with clips of celebrities at the concerts talking about how much they liked Prince's music. I don't know that it was a finished DVD per se, but the clips were definitely from the O2 concerts. They showed the O2, the symbol stage, Cora, Maceo, and the Twinz. I'm trying to remember exactly what Stephen Hill said about the clips (ie. did he use the word "dvd").
The Prince welcoming the King (in whatever way) would most certainly be a Purple Day.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

I also thought it was interesting that he announced this at the Apollo, one of the central places the media focused on when MJ transitioned on June 25th. I still remember the sign on the Apollo Theatre. Also, the Apollo reminds me of the moon mission, which makes me think of moonwalker, etc.

The outside announcement at the Apollo makes me think of the start of Thriller..

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

Quote from: "trublu"
I also thought it was interesting that he announced this at the Apollo, one of the central places the media focused on when MJ transitioned on June 25th. I still remember the sign on the Apollo Theatre. Also, the Apollo reminds me of the moon mission, which makes me think of moonwalker, etc.

The outside announcement at the Apollo makes me think of the start of Thriller..

In August 1967, The Jackson 5 performed at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem for their amateur night. The Apollo’s amateur night audience was known to performers as the toughest audience around. Many performers had been discovered here and it was an important night for the young group. After their set, The Jackson 5 won first prize and brought the house down.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

In August 1967, The Jackson 5 performed at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem for their amateur night. The Apollo’s amateur night audience was known to performers as the toughest audience around. Many performers had been discovered here and it was an important night for the young group. After their set, The Jackson 5 won first prize and brought the house down.

Awesome! I would loved to have seen that...

Connections, connections everywhere we look!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "MJ King Of Pop"
no not from media i do not belive them i got it from books bot michael can we plz let tis go i'm sorry if i upset any 1

You didn't upset me at all. I am just very curious where you got that from. I never heard Mike say he hated Prince, and I never heard Prince say he hated Mike. As far as I am concerned it was a healthy and friendly rivalry between them and in my opinion they had respect for each other. I even think they might have been better friends than any of us have ever known.

Yeah, I feel the same. The only time I've heard of Mike talking about Prince, is when he spoke of his songwriting. He said he had to write songs down quick when he thought of them or God would "give them to Prince"  :lol:  

Didn't Michael supposedly say something simalr to Kenny O during the This Is It rehersals? Maybe that was a big clue! Maybe we need to keep our eyes on  Prince!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Quote from: "Okay Annie"
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "MJ King Of Pop"
no not from media i do not belive them i got it from books bot michael can we plz let tis go i'm sorry if i upset any 1

You didn't upset me at all. I am just very curious where you got that from. I never heard Mike say he hated Prince, and I never heard Prince say he hated Mike. As far as I am concerned it was a healthy and friendly rivalry between them and in my opinion they had respect for each other. I even think they might have been better friends than any of us have ever known.

Yeah, I feel the same. The only time I've heard of Mike talking about Prince, is when he spoke of his songwriting. He said he had to write songs down quick when he thought of them or God would "give them to Prince"  :lol:  Didn't Michael supposedly say something simalr to Kenny O during the This Is It rehersals? Maybe that was a big clue! Maybe we need to keep our eyes on  Prince!

for all we know they could have both been sitting there when the comment was made ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

You can't compare MJ and Prince because in my mind there is no comparison but Prince is a legend and anyone that thinks otherwise needs to go listen to some Prince lool
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael knocking out the media one day at a time lool

2 Bad

Welcome 2 America Prince!!!
Back in the day I had MJ and Prince music blaring and Thriller VHS playing and Purple Rain!
I think the rivalry was made by the media. Both are great artists and I wouldn't compare them one bit. Prince was made fun of too when he changed his name to the unoronouncable word and I believe that was a contratual move.
I am positive I never heard a public word of ill will about any artist from Michaels lips. All were fighting the same battle as he was and all were put under the thumb of the major money makers. Unfairly! Michael made a stand and voiced his opinion and Prince did too by changing his name so he could still create.
Nice thought that is leading up to something....
You just never know!!!!!
Prince said that and Michael said Keep watching The best is yet to come!

I think it's best to put ill will towards Prince away and keep your heart on L*O*V*E mode.

That's the Michael Way  ;)

Thank you for all the video links and info!!!
I think the jacket with the scrollwork and chain Prince is wearing is very Michael, I liked it!!! I love that scrollwork and always watch for it on clothes for me!

We Love you Michael! And Prince!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2 Bad

I meant to add that Michael said we can change the world by being more loving and open minded, that change will come about. Not a quote just a general feeling of all he stands for.
 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions