Re: Why no public viewing?
October 14, 2010, 01:48:29 AM
Quote from: "mjsgirl89"
Quote from: "*Mo*"
Quote from: "Bee Bee"
In case Michael is dead, do you think it was right of the Jacksons to have a closed casket?

Would you have felt it your duty to show Michael to the world one last time, so they could say goodbye and grasp what happened, or would you have wanted to protect his "privacy", not letting the world see, meaning the fans and even other people close to Michael who didn't get to attend the private ceremony as well.

[...]

As a fan and someone who loves and cares about Michael from a distance, I felt completely left out and disrespected. [...]

If Michael is dead, I think what they did is, they took the chance to say goodbye away from me, the chance to grieve, away from anyone who feels this way. [...] But the topic was... if he's dead, do you think it was right to have a closed casket?

No matter who dies, the family always has the right to have a close casket, even if the person who died is a celebrity with a large fan base.  Being a fan of someone doesn't mean the family of your idol owes you anything, nor that you're entitled to anything.  I find it quite disrespectful that fans demand seeing the dead body of their idol.

In case he would indeed have died on 06/25/2009 - they gave you a memorial, and that in my opinion is exactly what fans are 'entitled' to.

I'm sending you positive energy, and hope you will feel better soon...

I agree with Mo 100%...Michale or the fam do not owe us anything...imo

Agreed As Well
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 18, 2010, 12:46:39 PM
Quote from: "Red_Rose"
Quote from: "AirSlide"
Katherine said that MJ's face was messed up really bad, that's why they had a closed casket. Well, that's what I read somewhere.
I thought Katherine didn't see his body :?
Actually no one viewed the "body" because there wasn't an open casket.....and you can figure out why. ;)
Here's how I found out that no one ans I mean "NO" one viewed his "body"  there's this man I know who knew Mike since he was 9 years old and the family for over 40 years...me and my friend was visiting him after we got home from Joe Jackson's bday party in Chicago last year, well to make a long story short I asked him did he attend the family viewing he said no then I brought up what Toy said about Paris having to wrap a necklace around his (Mike) wrist and he told us that there wasn't a private viewing...now of course I'm like  :shock:  because there were reports that little PP and B along with members of the fam had a private family hour at forest lawn before the memorial but he just kept shaking his head saying "nope" there wasn't any open casket...." AT ALL!"  Me and my friend just set there like  :shock:  :o  because what he said was massive and totally blew out the water what Toy told Baba Wawa and what the media was reporting.

Now on the subject of if there should have been a public viewing, well this is how I see it....every since his "death" they have been public as far as constantly going to the media every time you turn the channel, from Larry King to Baba Wawa and the list goes on every time you look up their talking to someone and they say that they wanted to make his funereal a very private affair with only a small gathering of close family and friends but tell me since when did Marsha A. Clark become a close friend and don't even get me started with the funereal that you can pull up on "YOUTUBE" Yea....that's real personal. :lol:  I'm sorry but if they were truly trying to keep a low profile then they would not have made it out to be the media extravaganza that it has turned out to be. Yes he's a dominate world wide figure and they are a pretty famous family who like every one els is entitled to privacy but with the actions and decisions they have made in the media up until this point makes it a matter of public domain.  Just my humble opine.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
                            [size=150]"BKA"[/size][/color]

October 18, 2010, 01:15:44 PM
Sorry..... double post.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
                            [size=150]"BKA"[/size][/color]

October 18, 2010, 06:27:17 PM
Quote from: "Sweetness"
Quote from: "Red_Rose"
Quote from: "AirSlide"
Katherine said that MJ's face was messed up really bad, that's why they had a closed casket. Well, that's what I read somewhere.
I thought Katherine didn't see his body :?
Actually no one viewed the "body" because there wasn't an open casket.....and you can figure out why. ;)
Here's how I found out that no one ans I mean "NO" one viewed his "body"  there's this man I know who knew Mike since he was 9 years old and the family for over 40 years...me and my friend was visiting him after we got home from Joe Jackson's bday party in Chicago last year, well to make a long story short I asked him did he attend the family viewing he said no then I brought up what Toy said about Paris having to wrap a necklace around his (Mike) wrist and he told us that there wasn't a private viewing...now of course I'm like  :shock:  because there were reports that little PP and B along with members of the fam had a private family hour at forest lawn before the memorial but he just kept shaking his head saying "nope" there wasn't any open casket...." AT ALL!"  Me and my friend just set there like  :shock:  :o  because what he said was massive and totally blew out the water what Toy told Baba Wawa and what the media was reporting.

Now on the subject of if there should have been a public viewing, well this is how I see it....every since his "death" they have been public as far as constantly going to the media every time you turn the channel, from Larry King to Baba Wawa and the list goes on every time you look up their talking to someone and they say that they wanted to make his funereal a very private affair with only a small gathering of close family and friends but tell me since when did Marsha A. Clark become a close friend and don't even get me started with the funereal that you can pull up on "YOUTUBE" Yea....that's real personal. :lol:  I'm sorry but if they were truly trying to keep a low profile then they would not have made it out to be the media extravaganza that it has turned out to be. Yes he's a dominate world wide figure and they are a pretty famous family who like every one els is entitled to privacy but with the actions and decisions they have made in the media up until this point makes it a matter of public domain.  Just my humble opine.

The first part is really interesting, and I agree 100% with the second one. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

October 19, 2010, 08:48:02 PM
Usher should of opened it while he was performing at the "memorial"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael knocking out the media one day at a time lool

airieslady

October 19, 2010, 08:52:31 PM
Quote from: "King_Michael"
Usher should of opened it while he was performing at the "memorial"

LOL... for real!  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Is it scary for you baby... The evil in truth...Let the performance begin... BAM!

October 19, 2010, 10:09:37 PM
Yeah it is interesting and I would like to know who Karen Faye and the other two that was interviewed dressed and put makeup on.  According to them they dressed Michael and Karen put on his makeup at the mortuary and it took either 6 or 9 hours cant remember.  I guess it was that old man that the medics said they picked up at the house on the day Michael "Died" or should I say went to the airport.  Because didnt one of them say that they didnt even know it was Michael they were picking up because the person looked like an old frail man.  Boy I must give all of them credit they are such "Good" actors.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions