paula-c

Re: getting the people trapped in the mine out
October 14, 2010, 08:37:30 AM
I wonder what other event would be happening on a par with Chile, provided the media distract the attention of people with other news and media coverage given to the first, all international news agencies and many national were "chained" by the news of the miners.
I remembered another case of a mine in Mexico, the event occurred in 2006, 63 Mexican miners were buried three years ago in a mine in Coahuila, without attempting to rescue them. 65 miners who were 150 meters compared to 700 for the Chilean mine.
In February 2006 an explosion at the Pasta de Conchos mine, 65 miners buried 150 meters. Eleven of them managed to survive with some burns. The mine gas explosion shot blocked mine entrance, and the risks posed to recover the bodies, "according to the owners of the mine" and authorities are still buried 63 of the 65 dead and only two bodies were recovered .
I really am very surprised that NASA moved to Chile to "help", and in the case of Mexico they did not even the hint.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

~Souza~

October 14, 2010, 08:41:29 AM
Quote from: "paula-c"
I really am very surprised that NASA moved to Chile to "help", and in the case of Mexico they did not even the hint.

Exactly...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BlackJack

October 14, 2010, 08:42:52 AM
Summary of the Korean news...............13/10/10

Sth Korea has joined in naval drills with the US, Australia and Japan aimed at intercepting illicit weapon shipments targeting nations such as Nth Korea (and Iran). Nth Korea has long warned it would consider Seoul's participation as a declaration of war, however so far the Nth Korean state media has remained silent.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 14, 2010, 08:43:37 AM
Quote from: "~Souza~"

Yeah, and a camera and something they could watch some game on...they even had video conference calls. Sorry, but this story REALLY is a little strange when you look at all the facts. I have been sick and haven't read the forum in days, so this is the first time I read this thread, but even without this I saw that things were off. I was convinced when the first miner came up on the surface after midnight (something I predicted when they were postponing it constantly) during witching hour on the 13th, and when all off the sudden things were sped up to get them all out in less then 24 hours (so ALLrescued on the 13th). Some guy said it was magical, 33 people rescued on 13/10/10, which also makes 33. He called 33 a magical number, but it made my alarm bells go off big time. Big media hype, there must be something going on elsewhere we shouldn't pay attention to. Big chance it's Iran, but it could be something else we missed (which is their purpose of course).

The guy who referred to the day and the numbers as 'magical' was Chile's president.  Same guy referred to in this article.  He is a Freemason (which may explain the shitload of mason 'symbolism' with the whole 'event').

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

October 14, 2010, 10:24:56 AM
Did anyone catch Chile's president, during his speech last night, specifically thank Israel's PM Netanyahu?  Just wondering if anyone has any info on how Israel may have contributed to the rescue efforts...I have tried finding info but no mention of Israel doing anything.  Is it not strange that he would thank him, but forget to thank Obama for the documented US resources and personnel given to Chile for the rescue?  It was, without a doubt, a 'prepared' speech, so it's not like he might have just forgotten to mention Obama.  I've heard them list US, Canada, Argentina, Spain and Germany, but nothing about Israel...I may have just missed it though.  Any info would be appreciated.

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

bec

October 14, 2010, 10:48:02 AM
Quote from: "paula-c"
I wonder what other event would be happening on a par with Chile, provided the media distract the attention of people with other news and media coverage given to the first, all international news agencies and many national were "chained" by the news of the miners.
I remembered another case of a mine in Mexico, the event occurred in 2006, 63 Mexican miners were buried three years ago in a mine in Coahuila, without attempting to rescue them. 65 miners who were 150 meters compared to 700 for the Chilean mine.
In February 2006 an explosion at the Pasta de Conchos mine, 65 miners buried 150 meters. Eleven of them managed to survive with some burns. The mine gas explosion shot blocked mine entrance, and the risks posed to recover the bodies, "according to the owners of the mine" and authorities are still buried 63 of the 65 dead and only two bodies were recovered .

Shit, we won't even pull our own guys out. 2 years ago a dozen or so miners were left alive after a mine collapse in West Virginia. That story quietly 'went away' as they discovered they could not drill far enough to reach them. The US left those men down there to die. They don't tell you those stories, it's understood that's the fate reserved for miners who survive the initial blasts and collapses, long, slow, torturous death.

This, I believe, is the first time anyone has been able to rescued trapped miners at any depth. Interesting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

RK

October 14, 2010, 11:12:06 AM
Two  Aussie men survived being  trapped  underground in the Beaconsfield mine disaster in Tasmania 2 years ago.  They were underground for 2 weeks and looked  a lot worse upon rescue than these healthy  robust looking miners. My Intuition radar is going off. This story does not feel right.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 14, 2010, 11:20:21 AM
Here's an interesting 'dot':

SANTIAGO | Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42am EDT

SANTIAGO (Reuters) - Chilean President Sebastian Pinera has sold his television network Chilevision to media conglomerate Time Warner Inc (TWX.N), his holding company said on Wednesday, in a deal worth an estimated $150 million.
Pinera's holding company Bancard said in a statement it agreed to the sale of 100 percent of Chilevision's shares to a unit of Time Warner's Turner International.

Turner division president Juan Carlos Urdaneta will operate the network, Time Warner said in a statement.

For Time Warner, the Chilevision deal marks a further push into the fast-growing markets of Latin America. Time Warner bought seven pay television networks in the region operated by Claxson Interactive Group in 2006, in a deal valued at $235 million.

Pinera, a self-made billionaire, vowed to sell his main business interests, like Chilevision and his major share in Chile's main airline, LAN LAN.SN(LFL.N), before assuming the presidency in March. He has already sold his stake in LAN.

Citigroup served as Time Warner's financial adviser.

Shares of Time Warner dipped 0.7 percent to $29.60 in morning trade on the New York Stock Exchange.

Time Warner...might explain the 'made-for-TV' feel to the whole thing and the coverage of it.  Wonder if there will be a Warner Bros. movie deal soon.

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 14, 2010, 11:53:01 AM
Quote from: "RK"
Two  Aussie men survived being  trapped  underground in the Beaconsfield mine disaster in Tasmania 2 years ago.  They were underground for 2 weeks and looked  a lot worse upon rescue than these healthy  robust looking miners. My Intuition radar is going off. This story does not feel right.

I'm thinking the same thing. Go to this article and look at the first picture of the guy named  Richard Villarroel. Look at his facial hair! Perfectly groomed. Were they sent soap and shaving supplies while trapped underground? Is that a normal thing to do? I wouldn't think so but how else could that be explained? Unless of course the whole thing is staged. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In the article is says this: "That tiny hole became an umbilical cord used to pass hydration gels, water and food to keep them alive until a bigger space could be bored to bring them up." So I guess they could have been given shaving tools, but would that be a priority???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

Serenitys_Dream

October 14, 2010, 12:05:26 PM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Quote from: "RK"

I'm thinking the same thing. Go to this article and look at the first picture of the guy named  Richard Villarroel. Look at his facial hair! Perfectly groomed. Were they sent soap and shaving supplies while trapped underground? Is that a normal thing to do? I wouldn't think so but how else could that be explained? Unless of course the whole thing is staged. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In the article is says this: "That tiny hole became an umbilical cord used to pass hydration gels, water and food to keep them alive until a bigger space could be bored to bring them up." So I guess they could have been given shaving tools, but would that be a priority???
I posted the link to this article earlier but here is the actual article. After reading this, my alarm bells just kept going off, none of this seems right and my gut feeling is, that it has all been staged.

Miners Defy Dire Predictions on Fitness and Spirit
By DONALD G. McNEIL Jr. Published: October 13, 2010

Defying grim predictions about how they would fare after two months trapped underground, many of the Chilean miners came bounding out of their rescue capsule on Wednesday as pictures of energy and health, able not only to walk, but, in one case, to leap around, hug everyone in sight and lead cheers.

The miners’ apparent robustness was testimony to the rescue diet threaded down to them through the tiny borehole that reached them on Aug. 22, but also to the way they organized themselves to keep their environment clean, find water and get exercise. Another factor was the excellent medical care they received from Chilean doctors who ministered to them through tubes leading 2,300 feet into the earth.

Late on Wednesday, the last of the 33 miners was pulled to safety. Chile’s health minister, Jaime Mañalich, said that one miner had acute pneumonia but was improving with antibiotics, and that two others needed dental surgery. At the moment, he added, the rest seemed to be in “more than satisfactory” condition.

Indeed, the 27th miner to be rescued, Franklin Lobos, is a former soccer star who juggled a soccer ball on his foot moments after emerging from the capsule.

While many details of the miners’ health care and living conditions have been reported, misconceptions and misinformation persisted as the ordeal continued and as the public’s fascination with their deprivation increased. In recent days, some television and newspaper commentators had speculated that the men would develop the bends on the way up, or suffer heart attacks or blood clots. Some people said that their muscles would have atrophied, that they could have serious skin funguses, vitamin deficiencies and rotted teeth and be blinded by the daylight.

None of those predictions came true — and some bordered on the absurd.

“The bends?” said Dr. J. D. Polk, chief of space medicine for the Johnson Space Center of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, whom the Chileans consulted. “The miners were at sea level. The mine entrance is at 2,400 feet. They were no more at risk of getting the bends than you are going up to the 15th floor in your building.”

The men kept themselves fit and received excellent medical care. And they were not confined to the “rescue chamber,” the size of a Manhattan studio apartment. (The first drill bit reached the chamber in August and the miners attached a note to it saying that all 33 were alive.)

“They had the run of the mine,” said Jeffery H. Kravitz, acting director for technical support at the United States Mine Safety and Health Administration. With half a mile of tunnels open, he said, “they had places to exercise and to use for waste.” One miner ran several miles a day.

“They even had a sort of waterfall they could take a shower under,” Mr. Kravitz said. “They requested shampoo, and shaved for their families.”

Also, fresh air was pumped in, so asphyxiation was never a danger. While coal mines can fill with methane gas, the San José operation was a copper and gold mine. The air was nearly 90 degrees and humid, but it contained about 20 percent oxygen, like outside air. The men dug three wells, and had potable water.

Doctors from NASA and Chilean Navy officers with experience in submarines were consulted on the strains of prolonged confinement. Alberto Iturra, a psychologist, talked to the miners, sometimes several times a day, to sort through their frustrations and depression.

Over all, Chilean health authorities “did a phenomenal job,” Dr. Polk said.

Just after the miners were discovered alive on Aug. 22, they were in danger, he said. They had survived for 17 days on just two spoonfuls of tuna, a cup of milk, one cracker and a bit of a peach topping every other day. Their digestive and insulin systems had nearly shut down and they were breaking down their own fat and muscle tissue.

People on starvation diets can be killed by eating carbohydrates too quickly; as the body struggles to make insulin in response, it can upset the electrolyte balance, stopping the heart.

“We learned that the hard way in World War II, giving candy bars to prisoners of war and concentration camp inmates,” Dr. Polk said.

Urine test strips were sent down the tube, allowing Yonny Barrios, a miner with paramedic training, to report that about half the miners were dehydrated and spilling ketones and myoglobin proteins into their urine, a sign that their muscles were breaking down, from starvation and, possibly, from sleeping on hot rocks.

They were told to nearly double the amount of water they drank. Liquid gels with protein and vitamins were sent down the three-inch tube in packets known as “passenger pigeons.”

Slowly, day by day, their calories were increased to normal levels.

By Chilean Independence Day, Sept. 18, they were fully recovered and getting celebratory empanadas (baked as cylinders to fit down the tube), barbecued steak (cut into strips) and fresh papaya. Their request for wine was declined. They got cola.

(More recently, they had to be monitored to make sure they would fit in the rescue capsule, 26 inches in diameter.)

Eventually, all sorts of comfort goods were going down three narrow tubes: dismantled camp beds, clean clothes, letters, movies, dominoes, tiny Bibles, toothbrushes, skin creams. The smokers were first allowed only gum and nicotine patches, but doctors eventually relented and let 40 cigarettes a day go down.

The tubes also accommodated fiber optic cables and, by the end, each miner was getting a daily video consultation with a doctor. They also had jobs to do, including reinforcing walls and clearing debris from the rescue drills.

Mr. Barrios also took blood pressure readings, sent up urine and blood samples and gave shots against tetanus, pneumonia, meningitis and flu.

Mario Gómez, 63, the oldest miner, had silicosis — a respiratory disease caused by breathing rock dust — and was helped by inhalers, though he developed pneumonia. Another miner with diabetes received insulin.

Contrary to a rumor, the miners were not in the disorienting dark all the time. Small fluorescent lights were sent down early in their ordeal and a circadian rhythm was kept up, with a red light at nighttime.

The rumor about the bends, Dr. Kravitz said, could have arisen from the 2002 Quecreek mine rescue in Pennsylvania, in which pressurized air was pumped into a flooding mine to hold back water. Ten compression chambers were set up in case any miner got the bends, but none did. The bends, or decompression sickness, is a threat to scuba divers who surface too quickly; nitrogen that dissolved into their blood when they were under heavy water pressure comes out and collects as bubbles in their joints and blood vessels, causing pain and, in extreme cases, death.

Early on in the crisis, the Chilean authorities asked for advice from NASA, which has experience in keeping astronauts physically and mentally healthy.

All the miners came out of the capsules in expensive dark glasses — donated by Oakley — to protect them from the sun, but the main health effect they all shared was very pale skin from being in the dark so long.

Just because it's in print doesn't mean it's the gospel ~ Michael Jackson
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

October 14, 2010, 01:27:57 PM
I am so proud to be part of a group that sees through all this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 14, 2010, 04:01:26 PM
Hum! Am I really awake?  :shock:  :shock:

33 miners who had been drilling for 33 days... being rescued on 10/13/10... 10+13+10=33... 33, 33, 33... and the 33rd Parallel (South) crosses Chile!
It is also interesting to note that, if this event is meant to be a media distraction for events happening elsewhere - then the 2 countries Korea and Iran (mentioned in previous posts) do also have territories on the 33rd Parallel (North).

Clearly, this makes for a lot of 33's! and following all of the discussions about probability and coincidences, it would be silly of me to argue that the repetition of this master number is just a coincidence!
And I won't! However, I simply know that the web is full of conspiracy theories that never appear to be fully solved - MYSTERY for ever! - before we get into a big rabbit hole, how do we know it is going to be any different this time?

I have Faith that MJ is alive and with us, but how does this all fit together without bringing a spiritual (God, Jesus Christ, Messiah) perspective into the mix?
I have been searching for the answer with no avail! If Lucifer/Satan is on one side then Christ/God has got to be on the other side!  

This really puzzles me!
If this is a "social experiment", somebody is making it feel very real!  ;)

Further reading:
The number 33 is a strong number in masonic terms and you will find below 2 articles I found helpful:

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

October 14, 2010, 04:24:21 PM
The fact that they got those miners out alive, that they ALL survived, is a miracle, a glimpse of things to come.  I believe that this is a sign to us, that prophets and prophesy are real, and in time all truths will come to pass.  I cried my eyes out watching those men emerge out of that capsule.  It is so incredible what the minds of man can accomplish when they work together faithfully towards the same end to the means.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

~Souza~

October 14, 2010, 04:32:06 PM
[youtube:1nii7ybb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT_ZjqC4BuM[/youtube:1nii7ybb]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 14, 2010, 04:43:22 PM
:shock: What?   :shock: Get out :shock: I'm through dealing if this is what this turns out to be.  I've been worried sick about those men and was on pins and needles hoping nothing would malfunction on their journey back to the world. God, please don't let this have all been a stunt.

Michael get back here.  We still got some learning to do.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions