Don't Walk Away - stripping the lyrics
October 03, 2010, 12:38:08 PM
I am listening to this song again, and I really think the lyrics are all about the hoax.

"Don't Walk Away"

Don’t walk away
See I just can’t find the right thing to say (reminds me of the 02 announcement when he says "This is it", "This is really it..because..." ) Not saying this was alluding to the 02 announcment in the song, but just that it's hard to know what to say to his fans to prepare them for this without giving it away...
I tried but all my pain gets in the way (it hurts him to know that he's going to hurt his fans by doing the hoax)
Tell me what I have to do so you’ll stay (Support the hoax)
Should I get down on my knees and pray (His faith in God guiding a lot of his plans)

[CHORUS 1]
And how can I stop losing you (He lost some of his fans due to the lies made up about him, and he's afraid he'll lose more when he 'dies' or that they won't support him hoaxing his death)
How can I begin to say
When there’s nothing left to do but walk away (Nothing left to do but follow through with the hoax, nothing else worked to vindicate himself nor to get people to listen to his message that he'd been trying to convey through his music)

I close my eyes
Just to try and see you smile one more time (Perhaps the memories of performing, all his smiling fans)
But it’s been so long now all I do is cry (maybe he hadn't felt the love for awhile because of the allegations)
Can’t we find some love to take this away (It's all for love)
‘Cause the pain gets stronger every day

[CHORUS 2]
How can I begin again (Begin again - after the hoax?)
How am I to understand (He only knows how to be the King of Pop. Maybe it's hard to get used to the idea of walking away from that)
When there’s nothing left to do but walk away

See now why
All my dreams been broken (They tried to take away the glory of his accomplishments by falsly accusing him and robbing his dignity)
I don’t know where we’re going (He doesn't know where the human race is going)
Everything we said and all we done now (Everything he's done and said in the name of love hasn't been enough)
Don’t let go, I don’t wanna walk away (He doesn't want to walk away from the fans, from the love, and hopes they will all support him during and after the hoax and not be upset with him)
Now why
All my dreams been broken
Don’t know where we’re going
Everything begins to set us free  (The TRUTH will set you free...)
Can’t you see, I don’t wanna walk away (It should be obvious that he doesn't want to walk away, he doesn't want to "die" but he has to)

If you go, I won’t forget you girl (If his fans stop supporting and loving him, he is still grateful for all the love and support that they gave in the past)
Can’t you see that you will always be
Even though I had to let you go
There’ nothing left to do
Don’t walk away (Don't stop supporting and loving him.... Especially NOW! He needs us!)

Of course this is just my interpretation. What do you think?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Re: Don't Walk Away - stripping the lyrics
October 03, 2010, 12:41:12 PM
Beautiful interpretation...but it can also be to the one he loved....she just walked away from..from all of it that surrounded him.(?)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 03, 2010, 12:45:18 PM
Quote from: "Le Papillon Bleu"
Beautiful interpretation...but it can also be to the one he loved....she just walked away from..from all of it that surrounded him.(?)

Yes of course. I do think that is why most of his songs are made to sound like love songs, as in a romantic relationship, because that is what is popular to sing about. And afterall, they don't call him the King of Pop(ular music) for nothing. While he did have at least one romantic relationship, I still think it's safe to say that he was married to his music and his fans. That was/is the love of his life...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

October 03, 2010, 12:47:20 PM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Quote from: "Le Papillon Bleu"

Yes of course. I do think that is why most of his songs are made to sound like love songs, as in a romantic relationship, because that is what is popular to sing about. And afterall, they don't call him the King of Pop(ular music) for nothing. While he did have at least one romantic relationship, I still think it's safe to say that he was married to his music and his fans. That was/is the love of his life...
I get what you're saying but i do think that he had more girls he loved that we don't know of...they can be normal unknown women.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

October 03, 2010, 02:25:40 PM
Indeed we can transpose this song with the hoax (maybe all the Invicible album, Threathened speaks volumes) because it has been prepared for so long so it's not far-fetched to think that Michael would have planted "hidden" messages in his songs, and the way you did it here makes sense.

I especially loved the first part "I just can't find the right things to say" and the parallel with O2 speech  :lol:

MICHAEL WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU! YOU REALLY HAVE TO KNOW THAT!

This song must have been written for the -official goodbye thread- "Don't walk away" "If you go I won't forget you girl..." "Tell me what I have to do so you’ll stay"! Michael I am really impressed  :lol:

I really love that song by the way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

October 03, 2010, 02:54:33 PM
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM
I really love your interpretation because lately i have been listening to this song EVERYDAY :D  :D  LOL and i just knew someone would interpret it because to tell the honest truth I was thinking the same thing :o !!!
This song is beautiful and so is your interpretation thnx soo much for this makes me listen to the song with a different ear :D  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

October 03, 2010, 07:12:44 PM
Quote from: "Sarahli"
Indeed we can transpose this song with the hoax (maybe all the Invicible album, Threathened speaks volumes) because it has been prepared for so long so it's not far-fetched to think that Michael would have planted "hidden" messages in his songs, and the way you did it here makes sense.

I especially loved the first part "I just can't find the right things to say" and the parallel with O2 speech  :lol:

MICHAEL WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU! YOU REALLY HAVE TO KNOW THAT!

This song must have been written for the -official goodbye thread- "Don't walk away" "If you go I won't forget you girl..." "Tell me what I have to do so you’ll stay"! Michael I am really impressed  :lol:

I really love that song by the way.

I thought that too about the Goodbye thread!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And yes, the entire Invincible album is full of clues in my opinion. If I have time I'll do this for the whole album  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 04, 2010, 01:04:05 AM
I agree 100%. The first  time that I heard this CD I thought of the hoax. Great thread by the way. And no, I won't walk away Michael  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 04, 2010, 03:14:17 AM
I agree, OP :-) Whenever I listened to the lyrics, I always felt, that they didn't really make sense in the context of a love song. For my understanding they seem very contradicting and addressed more likely to a group of people rather than one person. So, yes, the song makes much more sense in the context with the hoax.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions