I just found this to be noteworthy.....

Comic Greg Giraldo, age 44, most recently known for his stint as a judge on the show, Last Comic Standing, died of an overdose of prescription medications after five days in the hospital....the link below is a story about his death...in it, other recent high profile celebrity OD deaths are mentioned....Anna Nicole Smith, Heath Ledger, Brittany Murphy....usually Michael Jackson is lumped in with these deaths, but nary a mention of MJ in this article.....hmmmmm....

Regardless, another senseless death of a young person....what a shame!
************************************************************************************************************************************
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Greg Giraldo Death: Latest Celeb in Prescription Drug Tragedy
(CBS) Comedian Greg Giraldo is reporteldy the latest celebrity to fall victim to the dangers of prescription medication.

The 44-year-old Comedy Central regular died Wednesday after fighting for his life for five days. He was originally brought to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, N.J. for an overdose of prescription drugs. Reports claim it was not a suicide. The cause of death has not been released.

Giraldo's untimely death comes amid a spate of high profile prescription drug tragedies.

Last December, actress Brittany Murphy, 32, died from a heart attack. A coroner's report blamed pneumonia, iron deficiency and "multiple drug intoxication."

Hydrocodone, acetaminophen, and chlorpheniramine and L-methamphetamine were found in her blood - a combination of prescription vicoprofen (a narcotic pain reliever) and over-the-counter cold medication, her husband said.

The "possible adverse physiological effects of elevated levels of these medications cannot be discounted, especially in her weakened state," the coroner wrote in ruling her death an accident.

In 2008, actor Heath Ledger, 28, died in his New York City apartment.

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," the medical examiner's office said. "We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."

Ledger was taking a cocktail of painkillers, anti-anxiety meds and sleeping aids including Valium, Xanax, Oxycodone and Restoril.

And then there was former reality star and Playboy playmate Anna Nicole Smith, whose death was ruled accidental. She had been taking a wide variety of prescription and over-the-counter drugs including Valium, methadone for pain, and anti-anxiety and anti-depression drugs.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

Very weird! MJ seems to be left out of a lot of things. I really think it's because so many people doubt whether or not he actually died, and don't want to admit it but also don't want to use him as a reference just in case  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

paula-c

You have reason jacilovesmichael, they name Anna Nicole Smith and Heath Ledger who died it does mas time and they do not remember Michael :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

anewfan

I found this story highly suspicious, because the first story from TMZ said that he was in "critical but stable condition". Then, the next thing they are reporting 5 days later that he was on life support and they pulled the plug.  I wouldn't think being on life support would be considered stable condition. I don't work in the medical field, so maybe I'm wrong...but it just seems very odd. I don't know what the connection to the hoax would be. Maybe I'm just suspicious of every story now......Any thoughts?

We're told Giraldo -- best known for his appearances on Comedy Central roasts -- was taken to a hospital in New Brunswick, NJ after he was found by a friend.

According to our sources, Giraldo overdosed on prescription pills ... but it was not a suicide attempt.

We're told he is currently in critical but stable condition.

This story was posted on September 26th.

Then....this story was posted on September 30th on TMZ...

Greg Giraldo had been in a coma for five days when his family ultimately made the decision to end the comedian's life ... TMZ has learned.

Greg Giraldo death.
Sources close to the situation tell us Greg had remained in a coma since he overdosed last weekend in New Jersey.

We're told doctors weren't able to resuscitate him, and Greg's family decided to take him off life support yesterday.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

Michael is mentioned in this article.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Coming soon to a trial near you; MJ: the resurrection

paula-c

mrbigshot, If it is true that mention Michael, but also it is true the way as estan focusing the problem, as a great business that this over the life. This who behind of all that?, the big pharmaceutical companies?, the doctors?, or the combinacion of the two, doctors and the pharmacists.
 It is a part of " human nature " to look for substances to feel better, I not, the world I fill this one with beautiful things that estan there in view of all and they do not need from these drugs to experience them
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions