Re: TIAI 09/27
October 03, 2010, 03:00:59 AM
Quote from: "liegi"
Another reason to believe in TMZ is the fact that they are still reporting on events connected to Michael on an almost daily basis. What other news blog is doing that?
I've definitely been asking myself that same question for awhile now.  ;)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

October 03, 2010, 05:24:10 AM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Okay I see the confusion, and this is how I see it. "Who are Mike's informers if not TS/TMZ"... is like saying, "Who can you trust if not your mother", meaning...you can't trust anybody if you can't trust your mother. So...if TMZ and TS are not Mike's informers, then there are no informers. Meaning...they are most likely his informers. So if we believe in TS, then we should believe in TMZ.

I don't see how an english speaking person wouldn't understand this way of speaking. And I don't think TS would try to confuse us like that. I really don't think this is worth further debate because it's just a matter of a mishap in communication, not really backed up with anything else...

I only know English (albeit lousy at writing, and know a tiny bit of French and Low German), and I also read this as the first part being the question, answered completely ("if" is not hypothetical here) by the second part. "Who are Mike's informers?" and "if not TS/TMZ".  Kylie, you are continuing the statement when it doesn't suggest that. In a way it is similar to a rhetorical question, in that the whole sentence could also be a question, that needs no answer but is for dramatic effect.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

rhetorical question  –noun
a question asked solely to produce an effect or to make an assertion and not to elicit a reply, as “What is so rare as a day in June?”

a question to which no answer is required: used esp for dramatic effect. An example is Who knows?  (with the implication Nobody knows )  

A question posed without expectation of an answer but merely as a way of making a point: “You don't expect me to go along with that crazy scheme, do you?”

Idioms & Phrases  

A question asked without expecting an answer but for the sake of emphasis or effect. The expected answer is usually "yes" or "no." For example, Can we improve the quality of our work? That's a rhetorical question . [Late 1800s]

Famous Quotations
rhetorical question
"Whoever inquires about our childhood wants to know some..."
"Art has always been this—pure interrogation, rhetorical..."

The only ones I've ever remotely suspected, are Mo and Souza, because they/you have been here since the beginning, and have done an incredible amount of work and know so much! Sorry Mo and Souza! :lol:  But this whole scenario is so surreal, in that we don't know what each other look like or a whole lot about each others' backgrounds. And for a year we've been inundated by people posing as other people with good or bad intentions, so who can blame us for being suspicious by nature? :?  :lol:

I know this sounds goofy but it reminds me of an ice-breaker game of "Murder" I've played where a group of 10 or so sit in a circle, each is given a playing card, with one person randomly given a predesignated "murder" card.  That person must try to kill each of the others by winking at them secretly, but not be noticed by the others. If she catches you in the eyes, you must place your card face-up in the middle so all know you are dead. Everyone is looking around for the winker but hoping not to catch her in the eyes, and anyone can try to guess who she is to stop her, but if they are wrong they have to put in their card, too. Sometimes someone is wrongly accused because they accidently blink or twitch their eye. The winner of a set of games is who can kill the most before being caught. It's fun! So what I am saying is that maybe there IS an informer amongst us, but he/she has to be very careful not to be detected.
 :mrgreen: Kinda suits the craziness of this MJ-ARG!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

October 03, 2010, 05:53:00 AM
MJonmind, I can assure you I have not the education nor the intelligence to write posts like TS'. I have also never met Mr. Jackson and I am not following his 'orders', so I am not an informer either. The fact that I am still here is because I found out about a year ago that this whole project is bigger than life and so very important for all of us and needs support in any way possible. I am also someone who can't let go. When I start something that triggers my interest that much, I want to 'keep watchin'. I realize many are having the most outlandish theories about why we are still putting so much energy into this, but I guess they have never been hit that hard by something that turned out that important to them. In the past year 'hoaxing' I have learned 1,000 times more than in the 12 years I went to school and for that alone I will be always grateful.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

October 03, 2010, 08:45:02 AM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
MJonmind, I can assure you I have not the education nor the intelligence to write posts like TS'. I have also never met Mr. Jackson and I am not following his 'orders', so I am not an informer either. The fact that I am still here is because I found out about a year ago that this whole project is bigger than life and so very important for all of us and needs support in any way possible. I am also someone who can't let go. When I start something that triggers my interest that much, I want to 'keep watchin'. I realize many are having the most outlandish theories about why we are still putting so much energy into this, but I guess they have never been hit that hard by something that turned out that important to them. In the past year 'hoaxing' I have learned 1,000 times more than in the 12 years I went to school and for that alone I will be always grateful.

Souza, I am so thankful to you and Mo for keeping this site up and running.  I too have learned so much valuable information - a lot of it I was aware of before, as I've always been a "conspiracy sister", but this site has provided so much more for me.  I believe in what Michael is doing and I'd like to think I'm doing my part by making others aware of what's really going on in the world (even when I'm often met with eye-rolling) and by just being a good person and helping people in any way I can.  So Souza, I am grateful that you put so much energy into our site - I don't know what I'd do without it!  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions