Jermaine's song... dissing Michael
September 26, 2010, 03:16:06 PM
Has this been discussed? I have never listened to any of Jermaine's music... this makes me really wonder about Jermaine and his intentions...What do you guys think?

Check out the lyrics to one of his songs…

Word to the Badd
What up yo,
word to the badd(Michael's album "BAD", so this song is clearly directed towards Michael.)
Reconstructed (Plastic surgery?)
Been abducted
Don’t know who you are
They may love you
they don’t know you
Lonely superstar
never think about who you love
only think about number one
You forget about where you started from
You only think about what you want
don’t care about how it’s done
you only think about you, your throne (King of pop)
Be it right or be it wrong
It ain’t about your world
It ain’t about the things that you do
If you don’t care, I don’t care
Cause you keep thinkin’ ’bout you
It ain’t about you takin’ my pie
You been takin’ for a long time
If you keep
Well I ain’t thinkin’ ’bout you
What up yo, word to the badd
Once you were made
You changed your shade (Vitiligo..?)
Was your color wrong?
Could not turn back
It’s a known fact
You were too far gone
You know I tried to be there for you
Like a brother I care for you
It didn’t matter you always play me off
You only care about what you want
You don’t care about how it’s done
You only think about you, your throne
Be it right or wrong
It ain’t about your world
It ain’t about the things that you do
Cause you keep thinkin’ ’bout you
It ain’t about you takin’ my pie
You been takin’ for a long time
If you keep
Well I ain’t thinkin’ ’bout you
Oh no no, I ain’t thinkin’ ’bout you
Oh no
What up yo, word to the badd
Thinkin’ about that pie that you’ve been takin’ from me
From a brother to another brother hard to believe
Lost and don’t know it yet you still show it
Givin’ seems to be harder than it is to receive
The glass has gotten shady, time to make it clearer,
Clean it up and lets start with the Man in the mirror.
Theres sadness there brother, aint no mistaken it,
Get a grip cause youre not far from breakin it.
Thinkin about the time when we used to be close,
It shouldn’t be past tense, cause nobody knows,
What the future may hold, what tomorrow might bring,
Its not guaranteed that you’ll be spreading your wings
But meanwhile, I continue to smile, cause in the back of my head,
I know you’re still a child (Neverland...)
You say that your a man, but that will never be.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Kim

Re: Jermaine's song... dissing Michael
September 26, 2010, 04:14:35 PM
:?:  weird... :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

September 26, 2010, 04:15:43 PM
I think it has been discussed, though I can't find the thread. This is from ages ago though when they fell out right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 26, 2010, 04:54:57 PM
coloredgirlspeak | 23 de agosto de 2009
Yes, every family fights so, I can't call it. It's always three sides to a story. Only thing Michael had much more public exposure than Jermaine. If he wanted to make their 'beef' public...yet, he chose to remain silent. A silent gentleman. I can't explain what Jermaine was going through. Rumor is he was angry w/Michael...The Story behind this song according to soulmusic247...
Back in 1991 Jermaine thought that he had the biggest break in his music career when Laface records decided to sign him. For once he felt that he was going to top or at least become equal to MJ And Janet, (Okay not MJ but at least Janet lol). Jermaine was promised and convinced that he was about to become a megastar. He moved him and his family out to Atlanta.
On June 3rd 1990 MJ passed out during a rehearsal backstage. At the hospital Jermaine told Michael about his deal with LaFace Records. Michael thought about his album Dangerous that was also about to released. Michael called up LaFace records and told them to come out there and help him with his Dangerous LP.

LaFace Records put Jeramine career on hold and fled. (now my personal theory) Michael did not use there material, but he did send them back with a promise that they were to not get Jermaine his "big break". Jermaine realized he was being overlooked and ranted

[youtube:18651en4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88d67-ypsXM[/youtube:18651en4]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

September 26, 2010, 04:58:07 PM
This is a song Jermaine wrote when he was frustrated that he couldn't get contact with Mike. IMO everyone has issues with their family members at times, I had my share with my brothers as well. Jermaine sent the lyrics to Mike, but changed them before he released the song. This one is said to be leaked.

[youtube:1etgroj9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vNGey9ugwY[/youtube:1etgroj9]

From around 4:00
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 26, 2010, 05:26:32 PM
Yes I heard of this a long time ago. This is why I lost some respect for Jermaine.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

September 26, 2010, 05:40:24 PM
Quote from: "MJFAN7"
Yes I heard of this a long time ago. This is why I lost some respect for Jermaine.

I know, but there are moments when we all act stupidly. I have said horrible things to people I love more than I love myself, things that I never believed, but unfortunately they came out of my mouth. If we're hurt by someone we love, we seek to hurt back, when the real intention behind it is to get them back to us.
We really don't know anything about their relationship, so I don't think it's a good idea to judge Jermaine solely on his writing this song. He has spoken up for MJ in a number of occasions too. Of course these are mean words, but we've no idea what was going on between them when he wrote them. I'm inclined to believe he didn't mean them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 26, 2010, 05:52:56 PM
Quote from: "dontmakeitfactual"

I know, but there are moments when we all act stupidly. I have said horrible things to people I love more than I love myself, things that I never believed, but unfortunately they came out of my mouth. If we're hurt by someone we love, we seek to hurt back, when the real intention behind it is to get them back to us.
We really don't know anything about their relationship, so I don't think it's a good idea to judge Jermaine solely on his writing this song. He has spoken up for MJ in a number of occasions too. Of course these are mean words, but we've no idea what was going on between them when he wrote them. I'm inclined to believe he didn't mean them.

I understand, but I can't believe Jermaine would lash out like this on Michael, especially since the song is public and out there for everyone to see. I know Jermaine didn't mean for it to become public but he shouldn't have even recorded the song. I still have respect for Jermaine, just not as much after hearing about this song.  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

September 26, 2010, 05:59:37 PM

I understand, but I can't believe Jermaine would lash out like this on Michael, especially since the song is public and out there for everyone to see. I know Jermaine didn't mean for it to become public but he shouldn't have even recorded the song. I still have respect for Jermaine, just not as much after hearing about this song.  
:?
Looks like I share your opinion. Sure we all fight, but he should never have released it and given the people who want to bring him down and hate him another tool to use against him..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

September 26, 2010, 06:50:39 PM
Quote from: "PinkTopaz"

I understand, but I can't believe Jermaine would lash out like this on Michael, especially since the song is public and out there for everyone to see. I know Jermaine didn't mean for it to become public but he shouldn't have even recorded the song. I still have respect for Jermaine, just not as much after hearing about this song.  
Looks like I share your opinion. Sure we all fight, but he should never have released it and given the people who want to bring him down and hate him another tool to use against him..

Okay, scroll up and watch my post plus the video, he DIDN'T release it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

September 26, 2010, 07:04:56 PM
surely after a while he had to realize the price michael paid to be in the position that jermaine wanted to be in.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

RK

September 26, 2010, 07:52:36 PM
In Jermaine's ex-wife's book she mentions that the two producers encouraged him to record this song because they were also upset with Mike at the time. He didn't use them on Dangerous as promised so they were the ones behind the scene goading Jermaine on.  Only thing is that Jermaine was used and they get off [in the eyes of fans]  free.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

September 26, 2010, 08:06:45 PM
speaking of books. didn't janet have one that was supposed to come out about stress and eating or whatever? wonder if there might be any insights into anything else in there?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

September 26, 2010, 08:28:59 PM
I remember when Oprah documentary in 1993, she asked Michael if he was envied by his brothers, Michael said he did not - after a "pause" - but by body language was easy to say otherwise. This song by Jermaine vasou in November 1991 (when the album "Dangerous" Michael was released). But Michael also resented Jermaine when he left the Jackson 5 in 1975 to launch a solo career at Motown, with the promise of making big success. But Jermaine has not achieved the expected success. Michael, a teenager and he has excelled as a boy, but he could not leave the group at the request of his mother. He only left the group after the release of "Thriller" album, with 24 years of age. Well, this is the reading that I do a small part of the story for all I know ... :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 26, 2010, 08:48:28 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "PinkTopaz"

Okay, scroll up and watch my post plus the video, he DIDN'T release it.
Ah, sorry, I was in a hurry and I skimmed- so, as usual, one of the Jacksons was used, eh? Ay, caramba..!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions