Category: LOVE
September 23, 2010, 08:28:04 AM
Someone had suggested, in one of their posts (sorry can't remember who), that there should be a thread about 'love'.  I would take that even further and suggest that there should be a category dedicated to 'love'.  I'm not sure where you'd put it, but it can be subdivided to include "Good News" (since we are bombarded daily with the complete opposite)...these could include news stories that reflect loving acts but that get, if anything, a passing mention in mainstream news.  Just everyday people doing extraordinary acts of love and/or kindness.

Another subdivision could be "Inspirational Stories and Poems"...which may or may not be necessarily "true" stories...but stories and poems that have touched our hearts that we'd like to share in the hopes of inspiring others.

Yet another subdivision can be "Children"...again, stories and/or poems that inspire us to be more gentle towards children.  Michael LOVED children, all children, and often spoke about the need for all of us to be more gentle and loving towards them.  This section would differ in the one above only in the sense that it would be specifically dedicated to the topic of children.

A charity section would fit nicely under this category as well.  Here, members can post about the charity work they are engaged in or the charities that they are supporting (TheRunningGirl is an excellent example of how someone can and did make a difference).  We could also use this section as a way to come together, as a family, to target one charity (at a time)...with members joining forces in Michael's name.

I'm sure there are other subdivisions that can be added, these are just the ones that came to mind right away.  This whole 'adventure' that we are all on has had its ups and downs...and we all know how low the downs can be.  I think the forum needs some positive energy and a category such as this would be, for me anyway, like taking my vitamins in the morning!

Just my thoughts...please feel free to agree/disagree, or to make further suggestions.

With L.O.V.E. always.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

Re: Category: LOVE
September 23, 2010, 11:03:08 AM
I think this is a great idea ;) thanks for bringing it up :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...............Whenever you need me, I'll be there................
......................................I love you..................................

September 23, 2010, 11:19:12 AM
I agree, great idea! That way we can put more focus on using what we've learned and doing our part to make the world a better place. Afterall, we already KNOW Mike hoaxed his death. I'm sure we can spare a little bit of time to share parts of our lives with each other  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

September 23, 2010, 11:51:39 AM
I think another thread was started awhile back on LOVE.  I remember posting there and posted Love, by Khahil Gibran.

What I'll add here is a quote:

Your task is not to seek love, but merely to seek and find all the
barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
- Jalal al-Din Muhammad Rumi
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 23, 2010, 12:09:25 PM
I appreciate your suggestion very much. We all know that Michael spent his life promoting love, peace, sharing, caring, and reaching out to others.

What an excellent way to continue that mindset and a great way to make a change towards the good rather than towards the negative. I applaud you and your efforts. Blessings on your day.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

September 23, 2010, 08:40:54 PM
Thanks to all of you who are supporting this suggestion for a category of 'love'.  I do hope that it can somehow be made into a category so that we can share MJ's message of L.O.V.E.  God bless you all.

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal