curlsTopic starter

Do I have a place here?
September 21, 2010, 11:30:18 AM
I feel quite depressed today, as I don't know if I have a place here. I can't manage to put together a coherant theory, or do the maths for TS's challenge. Like many others, I haven't been here since 'the beginning', and I often feel 'lesser' because of that. I'm still learning, I'm still forming opinions, I don't think I have it all sorted and I have an open mind that tells me just about anything is possible in this hoax but I often hesitate to post for fear of attack. I don't know if I can be a part of this if I don't feel comfortable about voicing ideas, thoughts or questions, when there are such forceful, dominant, outspoken people around, seemingly ever ready to pounce.

I feel really uncomfortable about threads in which there is a lot of bad feeling, arguing etc, you know the stuff. For the most part, I keep out of it, but still it leaves a very bad taste. It upsets me when people just won't let things go. We're never going to all agree on everything and yes, no doubt, some come here simply to cause trouble, but the attention and negative energy spent when these things happen, to try to hammer home a point to someone who doesn't want to listen, or who has their own, equally valid (to them), opinion is totally draining. Meanwhile, genuine, quietly 'spoken' posts get overlooked or ignored in all the drama.

I'm hesitating to post this, but I will anyway because these thoughts are eating away at me today.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Do I have a place here?
September 21, 2010, 11:39:53 AM
Oh sweetheart, dont feel down! And you surely shouldn't hesitate to post your ideas or thoughts on something, thats why this is a forum we all discuss the death hoax :)

I feel sorry for you if you feel like you don't belong to be here or anything, you shouldn't feel that way!
And you know what I agree on when you say "when there are such forceful, dominant, outspoken people around, seemingly ever ready to pounce. " It's true, i've noticed it too lately. Maybe people are stressed out cause there aren't many clues around anymore. People start to wonder when Michael will finally return and sometimes that takes the best of them.

If it's helping : I'm always here and I will never be mean to you, or to anybody else for that matter.

[youtube:2x9g07ig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HsJ7CgmIVM[/youtube:2x9g07ig]

*Mwah*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...............Whenever you need me, I'll be there................
......................................I love you..................................

trublu

September 21, 2010, 11:50:58 AM
I absolutely think you have your place here. There is no shame in admitting that you haven't figured it all out just yet- I certainly haven't and I personally don't think anyone here has.

I don't think you should worry about voicing your opinion, if it is said with grace and understanding, I cannot understand how that would bother anyone. If someone is rude to you when you have been kind, it is their problem and they are making themselves look like a fool.

I personally think this should be a place to bring together theories based upon evidence as to what happened to Michael Jackson on 25th June 2009.

I have much respect for you for posting this, and don't ever feel you are 'lesser' than someone, you are not.

Peace and love
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

September 21, 2010, 11:56:40 AM
Curls you are valued and you do have a place here. Every person has different strengths and giftings and we need them all.  Sometimes the louder voices can seem to drown out those who are quieter by nature.  It is just group dynamics and these same examples are within every  collective group of human beings. I think you should just be yourself. The person that God made you to be. After all He did only make one of you [ unless you have a double like Michael]. Sorry, that was my poor atempt at humour. And no comparing yourself to others either. You just have to be the authentic curls. No more no less. As for holding back from posting, I am offering the advice of just do it.  Confrontation happens to everyone of us at some time in life. It is something that makes many of us uncomfortable but if we don't allow ourselves to be vulnerable we aren't going to grow in dealing and responding to it. The last thing I want to say is that we can't always choose what is said to us, but we can always choose how we will respond to it.  
with L.O.V.E.  
Robyn
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jude

September 21, 2010, 12:06:42 PM
Quote from: "curls"
I feel quite depressed today, as I don't know if I have a place here. I can't manage to put together a coherant theory, or do the maths for TS's challenge. Like many others, I haven't been here since 'the beginning', and I often feel 'lesser' because of that. I'm still learning, I'm still forming opinions, I don't think I have it all sorted and I have an open mind that tells me just about anything is possible in this hoax but I often hesitate to post for fear of attack. I don't know if I can be a part of this if I don't feel comfortable about voicing ideas, thoughts or questions, when there are such forceful, dominant, outspoken people around, seemingly ever ready to pounce.

I feel really uncomfortable about threads in which there is a lot of bad feeling, arguing etc, you know the stuff. For the most part, I keep out of it, but still it leaves a very bad taste. It upsets me when people just won't let things go. We're never going to all agree on everything and yes, no doubt, some come here simply to cause trouble, but the attention and negative energy spent when these things happen, to try to hammer home a point to someone who doesn't want to listen, or who has their own, equally valid (to them), opinion is totally draining. Meanwhile, genuine, quietly 'spoken' posts get overlooked or ignored in all the drama.

I'm hesitating to post this, but I will anyway because these thoughts are eating away at me today.

You're already on the right track  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Get it togetha\', or leave it alone!

curlsTopic starter

September 21, 2010, 12:46:54 PM
Thank you all for your kind and wise words! I feel like I've had a virtual hug! xxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 21, 2010, 01:28:36 PM
Quote from: "curls"
Thank you all for your kind and wise words! I feel like I've had a virtual hug! xxx

A well spoken word is like a drink of water on a hot day. Your voice does matter here and no matter how small or loud, I am one who hears what you have to say. None of us have this figured out. Blessings on your day.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

mumof3

September 21, 2010, 02:09:05 PM
I have too say you are not the only one I don't understand all the numbers or ts posts I do try but it confuses me don't be scared to post I was at first and I don't think I come up with brilliant things like some here but every little bit counts so don't feel bad you are needed
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

September 21, 2010, 02:12:32 PM
Curls, I've been here since september 2009 (old forum) and I'm still feeling the same like you a lot of times! Many members here are also on twitter, face-book and I'm not. I often have the feeling that I'm walking 10 steps behind and afraid to post because I'm afraid to make a big mistake or don't have the facts straight.
So I prefere to read, but there are so many posts that I can't keep up with all of them. I often read your posts and you're a really kind person with good theories. You also anwered on my post a while back, I remembered that I was honored because I don't get many replies! That's OK with me, maybe it's because my posts are really not that outspoken and often I can't explain what I really mean because english is not my first language. Keep on posting Curls, I enjoy reading them! Hugs! Do
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

September 21, 2010, 03:53:05 PM
Curls I think you posting today was a good idea. I can relate to everything you are saying many times I have  felt exactly how you do I can't keep up with the number's theory either but still I hang on and keep reading  because this forum has helped me in discovering the man I never knew and it has been a great adventure although I have laughed,cried,gotten angry, stressed out,confused,sad,and  depressed,It has been an adventure that I would not trade in for anything.You see curls I am in this adventure with only this forums support.My family and friend's do not support me they think Michael has passed and I should just get over it....I also do not post very often for the same reasons that you gave but I try ...And I will keep on posting my support to other members here as often as I can..... Maybe you should tell yourself what I do and that is that I belong on here just as much as anybody else...... Even if it's mainly to read....You know curls after reading your post it seems to me that you have gotten Michael's biggest message ,and that is what counts,His message of L.O.V.E..... God bless you curls.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curlsTopic starter

September 21, 2010, 04:09:01 PM
Again, thank you for such encouraging messages. Forgive me for not replying to you all individually - I'm feeling quite exhausted after a trying day, but believe me, I've taken all you've said to heart and you've convinced me that, yes, I DO have a place here. We all do! Thank you my friends! xxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 21, 2010, 04:56:47 PM
Well Curls I think you've been corrected! LOL You DO have a place here!  I just wanted to share two things with you when I'm feeling a little down, out of sorts, whatever!

FIrst, words from Michael (that I have on my ipod but made into a video for you!)

[youtube:3ikzu43p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFWZ8Dzg9DM[/youtube:3ikzu43p]

Second, I sing Michael's song Smile....

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hope both put a smile on your face the way they do for me!  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

September 21, 2010, 06:23:23 PM
@curls:
all i can say is : you are not alone
wish i could come up with something more wise and wonderful  but i think i been beaten to the punch :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

September 21, 2010, 07:47:35 PM
Curls- you have a place here.  I don't understand all the numbers and TS posts and some of the times I just feel that Michael would not have planned all these things years ago.  When I post, they are not long, intellictual posts.  I say what I need to say, then move on.  Most of them are overlooked but I try not to let it bother me.  If you love MJ and you believe he is alive, you have a place here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

September 21, 2010, 08:09:28 PM
The thing I love about this whole forum is that there are literally people on it from all over the world with so many different points of views and opinions.  I love reading how other people think and it's great when someone puts my own thoughts into understandable words.  And it's awesome to read something you may not have considered before.  We all bring something to the table and we are all able to take something from it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions