The Event
September 15, 2010, 12:18:56 PM
If you go to Michael Jackson's offical youtube page, you will see an ad for the new series "The Event" that starts on September 20th. Well, if you click on that advertisement, it takes you to a page that says this:

THE EVENT
WHAT WILL YOU BELIEVE?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Check it out!

Oh and get this, the main character's bio includes an interesting fact:
A big Stephen King lover, he has read "The Stand" seven  times.
 :lol:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

trublu

Re: The Event
September 15, 2010, 12:32:01 PM
Wow odd. The series itself doesn't seem to relate to Michael apart from it's 'Top Secret' and the guy is an avid computer game fan (I heard Michael was?).

The way they highlight LIE in believe is kind of interesting!

Thanks for sharing.

By the way I can't find the ad on the youtube page..maybe it's another case of google ads? (Where the ads are targeted at the person looking at the site depending on the sort of sites they normally visit)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 15, 2010, 12:37:24 PM
Quote from: "trublu"
Wow odd. The series itself doesn't seem to relate to Michael apart from it's 'Top Secret' and the guy is an avid computer game fan (I heard Michael was?).

The way they highlight LIE in believe is kind of interesting!

Thanks for sharing.

By the way I can't find the ad on the youtube page..maybe it's another case of google ads? (Where the ads are targeted at the person looking at the site depending on the sort of sites they normally visit)

That could be. My cousin called me and pointed it out to me, and I went and looked on my computer. But her and I tend to look at all the same videos  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

trublu

September 15, 2010, 12:40:15 PM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
That could be. My cousin called me and pointed it out to me, and I went and looked on my computer. But her and I tend to look at all the same videos  :lol:

Could you tell me whereabouts on the page it is or do a screen copy? (Just in case I need to get me some glasses :lol: )

:geek:

Thanks
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 15, 2010, 12:49:36 PM
Quote from: "trublu"

Could you tell me whereabouts on the page it is or do a screen copy? (Just in case I need to get me some glasses :lol: )

:geek:

Thanks

I'm not sure how to do a screenshot, but it's on the right hand side, underneath the MJ Feet...above all the thumbnails of the videos.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

September 15, 2010, 12:53:30 PM
Thanks, I still can't see it, but maybe you have to be subscribed to their account?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 15, 2010, 03:37:11 PM
If you go to Michael Jackson's offical youtube page, you will see an ad for the new series "The Event" that starts on September 20th. Well, if you click on that advertisement, it takes you to a page that says this:

THE EVENT
WHAT WILL YOU BELIEVE?

Check it out!

Oh and get this, the main character's bio includes an interesting fact:
A big Stephen King lover, he has read "The Stand" seven  times.
 :lol:

Thank you for posting this. 'The Event' looks very interesting. Here is the trailer.

[youtube:3m49962k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4vumb8J-x8&feature=related[/youtube:3m49962k]

The website has links to conspiracy and truthseeker sites. I don't get NBC but I will certainly follow 'The Event' internet community that is being created around this. Hopefully this will steer many people in the direction of truth.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

September 15, 2010, 04:31:01 PM
We all know that Michael and Stephen King worked together on the short film "Ghosts".

Stephen King is the "King of Horror"

Stephen King has a column called "The Pop of King" a reference to "The King of Pop", Michael Jackson.

The movie "The Shawshank Redemption" is an adaptation of the Stephen King's novella "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption."

Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption
The story is depicted by Red, the narrator, who has an ability to deliver contraband of almost any type into Shawshank Prison. This makes him an important man within the prison's social structure—and it is also the reason that he first becomes acquainted with Andy.

As a free man, Andy had been a rockhound, so he asks Red to get him a rock hammer, a tool he uses to shape the rocks he finds in the exercise yard into small sculptures. The next item he orders from Red is a large poster of Rita Hayworth. When taking the order, Red reflects that Andy is uncharacteristically excited about the poster, but does not think more of it at the time.

One day, Andy hears from another prisoner, Tommy, whose former cellmate had bragged about killing a rich golfer and a lawyer's wife (Andy latches onto the idea that the word "lawyer" could easily have been mixed up with "banker", the professions being similarly viewed by the general public), and framing the lawyer for the crime. Upon hearing Tommy's story, Andy realizes that if this evidence could be brought before a court, he could be given a new trial and a chance at freedom. Norton scoffs at the story, however, and as soon as possible he makes sure Tommy is moved to another, lower security, prison, presumably as compensation for promising that he never talk about this anymore. Andy is too useful to Norton to be allowed to go free; furthermore, he knows details about Norton's corrupt dealings. After losing his customary cool with the warden over the issue, and spending a couple of months in solitary as a result, Andy resigns himself that the prospect for his legal vindication has become non-existent.
(So Andy is really an innocent man)

One morning, after he has been incarcerated for nearly twenty-seven years, Andy literally disappears from his locked cell. After searching the prison grounds and surrounding area without finding any sign of him, the warden looks in Andy's cell and discovers that the poster on his wall (now showing Linda Ronstadt) covers a man-sized hole. Andy had used his rock hammer—and a replacement when the original wore down—not just to shape rocks, but to carve a hole through the wall. Once through the wall, he broke into a sewage pipe, crawled through it for some 500 yards, emerged into a field beyond prison's outer perimeter and vanished. His prison uniform is found two miles away from the outfall. How he made good his escape with no equipment, clothing, or known accomplices, nobody can determine.

Rita Hayworth is in TII Smooth Criminal

The Stand
The Stand is a post-apocalyptic horror/fantasy novel by American author Stephen King. It demonstrates the scenario in his earlier short story, Night Surf. The novel was originally published in 1978 and was later re-released in 1990 as The Stand: The Complete & Uncut Edition; King restored some text originally cut for brevity, added and revised sections, changed the setting of the story from 1980 (which in turn was changed to 1985 for the original paperback release in 1980) to 1990, and updated a few pop culture references accordingly.

The novel is divided into three parts, or books. The first is titled "Captain Trips" and takes place over nineteen days, with the escape and spread of a human-made biological weapon, a superflu (influenza) virus known formally as "Project Blue" but most commonly as "Captain Trips". The epidemic leads directly to the death of an estimated 99.4% of the world's human population.

Intertwining cross-country odysseys are undertaken by a small number of survivors. They are drawn together by both circumstances and their shared dreams of a 108-year-old black woman from Hemingford Home, Hemingford, Nebraska whom they see as a refuge and a representation of good in the struggle of good versus evil. This woman, Abagail Freemantle (known as "Mother Abagail"), becomes the spiritual leader of this group of survivors, directing them to Boulder, Colorado, referred to as "the Free Zone" (officially "The Boulder Free Zone"), where they begin to reestablish a republic society; much of this section of the book involves the struggles to create an orderly society reinstating the United States Consitution and Bill of Rights as a basis more or less. Boulder is found to be hosting considerably fewer dead bodies of plague victims than other cities, due to an exodus following a false rumor in the early stages of the plague that the outbreak originated in the Boulder Air Test Center.

Meanwhile, another group of survivors, led by Randall Flagg, the Dark Man. They are drawn to Las Vegas, Nevada by Randall Flagg (known as "the Dark Man", "the Hardcase", "the Tall Man", and "the Walkin’ Dude"), an evil being with supernatural powers; he represents evil, the opposite influence of Mother Abagail. Flagg’s rule is tyrannical and brutal, using crucifixion, torture and other torments as punishment for those who are disloyal and disobedient. His group is able to quickly reorganize their society, restore power to Las Vegas, and rebuild the city as many technical professionals have migrated to the city. The book notes that at Las Vegas, Flagg's group is constantly working and has organized a strong but harsh structure while at the Free Zone, some survivors lounge idly and do not work as hard. Flagg's group also has started a schooling system and weapons program with survivor Carl Hough as a helicopter pilot and the Trashcan Man searching the country for weapons.

The stage is now set for the final confrontation as the two camps become aware of one another, and each recognizes the other as a threat to its survival, leading to the "stand" of good against evil. Trashcan Man arrives with a nuclear warhead and a giant glowing hand—"The Hand of God"—detonates the bomb, destroying Flagg's followers and the two remaining prisoners. the original edition of the novel ends with the two of them questioning whether the human race can learn from its mistakes. The answer, given in the last line, is ambiguous: "I don’t know."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

angel

September 15, 2010, 04:54:27 PM
Stephen King wrote an article for Entertainment Weekly, "Memories of Michael Jackson", for the July 3, 2009 issue.  It goes into detail about their collaboration.   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 15, 2010, 04:58:57 PM
"The story is depicted by Red, the narrator, who has an ability to deliver contraband of almost any type into Shawshank Prison......."

Remember that picture of MJ behind the camera with Kenny......didn't it say RED on the side of camera?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

kemre

September 15, 2010, 05:31:53 PM
Quote from: "wishingstar"
"The story is depicted by Red, the narrator, who has an ability to deliver contraband of almost any type into Shawshank Prison......."

Remember that picture of MJ behind the camera with Kenny......didn't it say RED on the side of camera?

That camera is made by "Red Digital Camera Cinema Group" . The word "red" that you see on the camera is their logo.

My boss shot and produced the first full length movie on that camera.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell them that it\'s human nature!"

September 15, 2010, 08:43:47 PM
I've been seeing the trailer on TV for a while...it's very interesting...not 100% sure on what to make out of it though :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WHEN I SAY I LOVE YOU, MICHAEL YOU GOTTA KNOW THAT IT'S FOR ALL TIME

September 16, 2010, 08:23:04 AM
Wow, Thanks Serenity!

I hadn't read the synopsis of that novel yet, I was going to just go out and buy it  :lol:  Probably still will.
Absolutely mind-blowing...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 22, 2010, 01:24:15 PM
I watched the show, I think some of the clues have to with numbers, 97 prisoners, room #5314, flight#514.
There was also a close up of a tag on a blue shirt with the #44. From the ending of the episode I'm guessing it has to deal with alien disclosure or time traveling...  :?: :geek:

I didn't see anything related to Michael. :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]You can change the world, I can\'t do it by myself.
                                                         - Michael Jackson[/size]
[/b]

gwynned

November 08, 2010, 11:52:22 PM
Check out how the believe on this page for The Event

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree