hope

Re: Ryden painting...
September 16, 2010, 01:17:01 PM
The song "Ben" is about a boy befriending a rat. I still think this painting could be symbolizing "Ben" and not a mouse. :?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

September 16, 2010, 01:23:10 PM
Ben, why not? Who needs Lisa? :lol:

Ben lyrics
Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With my friend to call my own I'll never be alone
And you my friend will see, you've got a friend in me

Ben, you're always running here and there
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
If you ever look behind and don't like what you find
There's something you should know, you've got a place to go

I used to say, "I", And "Me"
Now it's "Us", Now it's "We"

Ben, most people would turn you away
I don't listen to a word they say
They don't see you as I do I wish they would try to
I'm sure they'd think again if they had a friend like Ben
Like Ben, like Ben
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Supervision

September 16, 2010, 01:40:56 PM
by hope » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:17 pm
The song "Ben" is about a boy befriending a rat. I still think this painting could be symbolizing "Ben" and not a mouse.

[/color]

Good observation...Mike's best true friend "Ben".
and all the other people Mike thought were his " friends" too, the Rats..

A combined symbol of "Rat/s as Mike's best Friend",
 as in  "a Dog is  a man's best friend."

A good angle to look at, to absolve the painter, if that is what he had in mind to say in this painting.
Peace.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 16, 2010, 03:47:36 PM
White mouse is often used as an animal for lab experiments...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MissG

September 16, 2010, 05:31:45 PM
Hehe, i just found this thread!

Let´s turn the mouse in to something more fitting ;)

What about Apollo, god of music, medicine, archery and single young men (He was the son of Zeus and Leto, a minor goddess). His throne, polished gold, had the backing in the form of lira. Its symbol was a mouse because the mice knew the secrets of the earth and are transmitted to him. He had a beautiful house at Delphi on Mount Parnassus, which brought together all kinds of artists.........

Need to leave the pc now...but that painting I must analize later  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Supervision

September 16, 2010, 09:09:59 PM
Let´s turn the mouse in to something more fitting ;)
His throne, polished gold, had the backing in the form of lira. Its symbol was a mouse because the mice knew the secrets of the earth and are transmitted to him.

[/color]
 :lol: Verrryyy Fitting... :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

September 17, 2010, 02:21:16 PM
Lets dig a bit more in Apolos life...gossiiiipppppp!!!! :lol:

According to Pindarus, the whereabouts of the legendary Apollo is the Hyperborean country, where no ship can go (A plce with no name?? :o ;) ). There lives the holy people that knows no disease, or age, and who are absent pains and struggles. Everywhere you hear choirs of girls, lyre and flute sounds. There he delights himself, Apollo, we can find him there ...

Apollo was not very happy, however, in his love life, always, something tragic was manifested. Although it was not wrong with the Muses. With Talia gave birth to the integrated Coribantesque the chorus of Dionysus, with Urania, musicians, Linus, and Orpheus.

The quietest of all his loves was the one who lived with the nymph Cyrene, daughter of the centaur Chiron. It is known that where there is a seductive nymph (who could be this one?)

They have eyewitnesses that Eros, angry with Apollo when exercised in handling the bow, inspired him in revenge, a great passion for the nymph Daphne. But shedid not correspond to their desires, and fled to the mountains.

Another story tells of his love for Coronis. She played with the feet in the water of a lake ... Apollo saw her and wanted her... As usual for him, the desire was something that suddenly assaulted him and wanted to get rid of as soon as possible....
Coronis was pregnant, but had the bad idea of giving the love of a mortal, Isquis.

Apollo, asked his sister, Artemis,  to go and kill the infidel. The arrow sank in to Coronis´s chest, but before her death confessed that she also killed the son of god. Just before the body was placed on the pyre, God tore the child from her womb, alive still, Asclepius.

Have the witnesses in the case that Apollo tried in vain to revive Coronis, her body was surrounded by the fire and the fire (can this be the one painted in the heart?) and attacked him, but the flames were opened, and the hand of God removed from the womb of the girl to his son, unharmed. A Asclepius, "one who heals."

Apollo was also loved by Marpessa. But a mortal took over.
She was kidnapped by Idas, who took her to Messenia. There, Idas and Apollo fought. Zeus separated them and gave Marpessa choice between two loves. And she chose the mortal. She was afraid that Apollo left in his old age ... But obviously that did not have was the slightest idea what the customs are divine ..

Cassandra was undoubtedly a great love of Apollo. Daughter of Priam and Hecuba, sister of Hector and Paris. Apollo loved her, and to seduce her, promised to teach him the art of divination. She took lessons, but once completed, rejected him, something quite common in the life of beautiful dios.Apolo in revenge, he gave the ability to guess, but ordered that no one believed in his predictions. Thus, despite the most serious things prophesy was not believed by anyone.
Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:26:34 PM by Gema
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

MissG

September 17, 2010, 02:21:54 PM
The rest of the lovers were male  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

MissG

September 17, 2010, 02:24:57 PM
About the symbolism of the heart in flames, the meaning I see is the love for "X" and a ring to be waiting to be given ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

suspicious mind

September 17, 2010, 03:06:38 PM
maybe this dude was at michaels place when he painted these and that is where the marajuana came from ;)  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

MissG

September 17, 2010, 05:02:51 PM
Well, after reading my TS (meaning thesis, not TS the poster here ;) may be i was the one with marijuana  :lol:  i write sentences with no meaning  :lol:
I can´t do 2 things at the same time, i am losing faculties....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

September 18, 2010, 02:11:00 PM
I´m a admirer of Mark Rydens art. This one is also very expressive... and I think it speaks for itself.
Thank you for showing, I haven´t seen it before.

@suspicious mind & Gema:  :D  :lol:  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjboogie

September 18, 2010, 08:10:58 PM
People make it seem like LMP left MJ and he was sooooo broken hearted. But shoot seemed to me like he bounced back pretty quickly! He wanted kids. She agreed to do this soon as they married and then when they married she did not want to , She deceived the man! LMP probably wanted MJ back big time but after everything was said and done he did not take her back. His heart had closed up by then. BUT he did keep her frienship.

Then we have people that say that even after they broke up they would still be making love and stuff. so who knows? We may never know. But I do not like the painting making MJ look like a wimpy rat under LMP! :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

September 18, 2010, 08:45:58 PM
if the guy did this on his own then why the 7's?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

RK

September 18, 2010, 08:56:33 PM
I don't dislike this painting. Perhaps it represents the two aspects of Mike..ie. the performer which is the King of Pop so the head of Michael with it's crown and then there is His off stage persona who may be shy and quiet like a mouse. A shy person who had his heart burned and now is reticent at the prospect of making himself vulnerable again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions