Chris Brown's Mom Apologizes for Michael Jackson
September 12, 2010, 04:17:35 PM
September 11, 2010 04:16:58 GMT

Writing 'Michael Jackson died so that Chris Brown could live!' on Twitter had put Joyce Hawkins in the hot water for the misinterpretation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Johnny Louis/WENN Chris Brown's manager mother has issued a public apology to outraged fans of his musical hero Michael Jackson, for tweeting an insensitive comment about the King of Pop's death.

Brown has often credited Jackson as an influence, and suffered a breakdown while performing his hit "Man in the Mirror" at the BET Awards in June. But the singer's mum Joyce Hawkins sparked a storm of criticism on Wednesday, September 8, when she logged on to Twitter.com, and wrote, "Michael Jackson died so that Chris Brown could live!!!"

The comment has since been taken down, but not before Hawkins was inundated with a flurry of angry online messages. The outrage prompted Hawkins to release a statement to USA Today on Thursday to clarify her message: "I'm so sorry that the tweet I sent yesterday was misunderstood. What I meant to say is that Chris has always been inspired by Michael Jackson's music and his career."

She later logged on to Twitter, issuing an apology to her followers: "I'm sorry I offended anyone. The statement meant Chris would carry on Michaels (sic) legacy."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

Already posted in this thread here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions