Re: Michael himself says he was 9 in 1969...
February 04, 2011, 12:16:09 PM
I just bought a book off ebay all about Michael from '84 and it also says Aug. 29, 1958.  
Don't you love that magazine cover above!!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 04, 2011, 12:45:13 PM
Quote from: "friendlikeme81"
In the authorized Visual Documentary of Adrian Grant this cover pic from 1971 is printed without even a comment concerning the age issue. I don't know what to think, but Michael really looks more like a 11-year old boy than a 13-year old boy here.

[attachment=0:pmq7v3zw]michael_jackson-on-the-magazine-cover-of_rollingstone_1971.jpg[/attachment:pmq7v3zw]

I can easily see how he could have been 13 here, but since the magazine came out on his birthday, the photo would have been taken sometime when he was 12 anyway.  It seems to me that Michael had a growth spurt around 14.  I personally know a 12 year old boy, who seriously looks like he is about 8!  I also know a guy who is over 6 feet tall, but when he was a freshman is high school (ie. 14 years old), he was one of the shortest boys in his class.  The tween and early teen years are a time of major physical changes, but no one knows exactly when they will occur during that time period.

Again, Michael was just a kid (and not an international superstar) when he got his first passport, and you need to show your birth certificate to get a passport.  There is no way he could have gotten one without it, and there was no reason to produce a fake birth certificate just to get a passport.  Why would Joe and Katherine have risked getting in trouble with the law by producing fake documents for their son?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 04, 2011, 01:16:09 PM
Quote from: "PeaceLoveHappiness"
Quote from: "friendlikeme81"
In the authorized Visual Documentary of Adrian Grant this cover pic from 1971 is printed without even a comment concerning the age issue. I don't know what to think, but Michael really looks more like a 11-year old boy than a 13-year old boy here.

[attachment=0:1r1120up]michael_jackson-on-the-magazine-cover-of_rollingstone_1971.jpg[/attachment:1r1120up]

I can easily see how he could have been 13 here, but since the magazine came out on his birthday, the photo would have been taken sometime when he was 12 anyway.  It seems to me that Michael had a growth spurt around 14.  I personally know a 12 year old boy, who seriously looks like he is about 8!  I also know a guy who is over 6 feet tall, but when he was a freshman is high school (ie. 14 years old), he was one of the shortest boys in his class.  The tween and early teen years are a time of major physical changes, but no one knows exactly when they will occur during that time period.

Again, Michael was just a kid (and not an international superstar) when he got his first passport, and you need to show your birth certificate to get a passport.  There is no way he could have gotten one without it, and there was no reason to produce a fake birth certificate just to get a passport.  Why would Joe and Katherine have risked getting in trouble with the law by producing fake documents for their son?

I understand what you are saying regarding the passport. This argument is a strong one. But then, coulnd't it be that it was necessary to lie about the age for the opposite reason, to make Michael OLDER, not younger, at a certain early point of the career, because of legal restrictions for younger children (employment law, travelling, performing at certain locations and times like in Night clubs)? And that for this reason there was a huge pressure for the family to change the birth date (for getting a passport, perhaps)?

Regarding the appearance of growing boys, you are right, children develop very differently, but 13 year old boys look more like a teen, not this childlike IMO. I am a teacher who was working with that age class for the last three years (aged 10/11 and today 12/13), so that's only my impression. But it's nothing to argue about, because we cannot know, so the visual proof is not significant enough.

Quote from: "fordtocarr"
I just bought a book off ebay all about Michael from '84 and it also says Aug. 29, 1958.  
Don't you love that magazine cover above!!

I think if the date of birth was indeed changed, it was done during the early days of the career, see reasons above.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Immortality's my game

February 04, 2011, 01:22:17 PM
Why does anyone WANT Michael to be born at a different date, other than to make it fit with the numerology theory?  Maybe it is simply showing us that numerology is NOT the theory to pursue.  Maybe he simply LEFT when the time was right...when the pieces simply fell into place.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 04, 2011, 01:54:29 PM
Quote from: "fordtocarr"
Why does anyone WANT Michael to be born at a different date, other than to make it fit with the numerology theory?  Maybe it is simply showing us that numerology is NOT the theory to pursue.  Maybe he simply LEFT when the time was right...when the pieces simply fell into place.

I agree with you, and I really don't understand why this is even as issue.  Michael says his birthdate is August 29, 1958 and his government documents support that.  Until Michael claims otherwise, I will continue to assume that he does in fact know his own birthdate.  This is the last I am saying in this thread.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions