Serenitys_Dream

Deepak Chopra
A friend of Michael Jackson for 20 years, Chopra has been criticized for his frequent references to the relationship of quantum mechanics to healing processes. In 1998, Chopra was awarded the satirical Ig Nobel Prize  in physics for "his unique interpretation of quantum physics as it applies to life, liberty, and the pursuit of economic happiness"
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Creativity : quantum mechanics, music and psychology

Quantum mysticism.
Quantum mysticism refers to a set of metaphysical ideas and associated practices that supposes a consciousness, intelligence, or otherwise mystical component to the experience of existence or reality at the quantum scale.The term originally emerged from the debates between the founders of quantum theory in the early twentieth century as they debated the interpretations and implications of their nascent theories, which would later evolve into quantum mechanics. The essential qualities of the early quantum theory, and the ontological  questions that emerged, made the distinction between philosophical and scientific discussion difficult; however, quantum theory developed into a strong scientific theory.

What is the connection between quantum mechanics and healing?
Deepak Chopra
Author / Co-Founder, The Chopra Center

Nature is discontinuity, and Chopra suggests that our consciousness lies somewhere in that gap.
VIDEO on the page
Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:19:43 PM by Serenitys_Dream
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Using anagrams...connecting dots, may be? Sounds like a song...
with The+Estate+Blew+Me+Off!
we get, among hundreds....

Shamble Toffee Tweet

Offbeat Helmet Sweet

:lol:

Now, seriously, what I get after reading the article is that MJ still refuses to be abused by those who wanted to profit from him.

We have seen many articles related to his finances and "debts" and the debts were just ridiculous.
Let´s don´t forget that the service for plumbing, i.e, for an average person can be 100 USD but if the same service was for MJ, then the bill could go up to 1000 ;)

This is it  :twisted:

@Serenity, very interesting research about quantum mechanics.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

paula-c

TMZ Another article published last year, and now repeats once more in the same month.

12/8/2009 3:00 PM PST by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson allegedly left his Las Vegasmansion in shambles -- this according to the latest in an endless stream of creditor's claims filed against the estate.

Aner Iglesias is demanding $234,000 from Michael's estate, to repair damages to the exterior and interior of the home, and to replace the phone and alarm system.

Aner claims the $234k is just an estimate -- the price tag may go up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
Re: MJ's Landlord Sues: The Estate Blew Me Off!
September 01, 2010, 12:37:34 AM
I don't know what to understand
I know almost nothing about quantum mechanics, maybe it's something in it, who can explain to us?

Anyway, the amount is ridiculous - how could Michael do so much damage, I don't believe it.

About the Estate - if Michael is alive, than Michael is the estate. When I read the title like this is makes a little more sense
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

September 01, 2010, 04:12:26 AM
@Serenity these subjects about quantum mechanics and so are exactly what I am dealing with in my job! Well I'm just an assistant but I see many of these abstracts everyday! I don't understand everything I must admit and hopefully this is just a one year contract  :|  !  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
To say it very simply it is about the matter and the energy that makes the world we live in, electrons, atoms, particles and waves, all these little things put together make the big world we live in. Also this makes me think 'nuclear', war...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

Serenitys_Dream

September 01, 2010, 11:36:17 AM
Quote from: "Sarahli"
@Serenity these subjects about quantum mechanics and so are exactly what I am dealing with in my job! Well I'm just an assistant but I see many of these abstracts everyday! I don't understand everything I must admit and hopefully this is just a one year contract  :|  !  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
To say it very simply it is about the matter and the energy that makes the world we live in, electrons, atoms, particles and waves, all these little things put together make the big world we live in. Also this makes me think 'nuclear', war...

CERN Atom Smasher Sets New Record
The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) has developed the fastest proton accelerator in the history of science — the Hadron Collider, which accelerated its twin beams of protons to an energy of 1.18 TeV on November 30, breaking the previous world record of 0.98 TeV, which had been held by the U.S. Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory's Tevatron collider since 2001. The collider used by CERN enables scientists to probe a little closer to the first moments of the universe which should help scientists answer questions which have now remained unanswerable. Although the new collider will help physicists learn more than they know now, experimentally, the fundamental theoretical problems of physics remain as elusive as ever.

Going back to the first trillionth of a second of the universe may appear to explain a lot about nature, but the experiences of the physical sciences over the last eighty years or so has invariably led to more questions arising out of the results of experiments. The explosion of subatomic particles which result from very high acceleration of particles — “atom smashing” — moves science away from simplicity and toward greater complexity.

Some of the theoretical explanations that are now serious scientific propositions, like Superstring Theory, have not led to the simplicity which was once the hallmark of great science. In fact, Superstring Theory itself, which is one of the “Theories of Everything” that physicists have been seeking since Quantum Physics postulated descriptions of reality, have led to almost surreal possibilities like the almost infinite proliferation of universe, which has itself now blossomed into at least five different Superstring Theories.
MORE: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Now go back to the title of the article:

The Estate Blew Me Off!

E state
E - in physics "E" is the symbol for Energy.

State - Is a phase
There are four states, or phases, of matter. They are:
        * Solid
        * Liquid
        * Gas
        * Plasma

Me - stands for Electron Mass

[attachment=0:z23lpy26]Symbols.jpg[/attachment:z23lpy26]

In quantum mechanics and other fields  "Blow-off" is also known as Ablation. Specifically in physics "Blow-off" can refer to an electron or proton being "blown off" by the energy created or the light that is reflected when using a laser etc. Lasers are being used to slow down or "cool" atoms.

Experimental comparison of blow-off methods for plasma-density measurements
Applied Physics B: Lasers and Optics
Abstract
Two different methods for plasma-density measurement using blow-off neutral source were performed on the MT-1 tokamak. The two methods produce nearly the same results, but the pure blow-off method is the less precise. The blow-off combined with laser-induced fluorescence requires a complicated experimental arrangement and a simple evaluation, while the pure blow-off method demands a simpler experimental set-up and a complicated evaluation.

Edge plasma density measurement by laser blow-off method
Journal Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion
Abstract
The edge plasma density versus plasma radius function of the MT-1 Tokamak plasma is measured by a new laser blow-off method. A thin film of sodium evaporated on a glass substrate is brown off by a Q-switched ruby laser pulse. The enhanced shortening of the pulse of neutrals was observed along the beam propagation toward the plasma center by measuring the resonance light intensity of atoms excited by the plasma electrons. The density of the plasma is calculated from the measured exponential time decay of the blow-off-light pulse without any further calibrating measurements.

Ablation
Ablation means removal of material from the surface of an object by vaporization, chipping, or other erosive processes.
Laser Abalation

The number 234,000 that appears in the article could be a reference to "The Old Quantum Mechanics Theory":

[attachment=1:z23lpy26]Old QMT.jpg[/attachment:z23lpy26]

Old Quantum Theory
The old quantum theory was a collection of results from the years 1900–1925 which predate modern quantum mechanics. The theory was never complete or self-consistent, but was a collection of heuristic prescriptions which are now understood to be the first quantum corrections to classical mechanics.The Bohr model was the focus of study, and Arnold Sommerfeld  made a crucial contribution by quantizing the z-component of the angular momentum, which in the old quantum era was inappropriately called space quantization (Richtungsquantelung). This allowed the orbits of the electron to be ellipses instead of circles, and introduced the concept of quantum degeneracy. The theory would have correctly explained the Zeeman effect, except for the issue of electron spin.

The main tool was Bohr Sommerfeld quantization, a procedure for selecting out certain discrete set of states of a classical integrable motion as allowed states. These are like the allowed orbits of the Bohr model of the atom, the system can only be in one of these states, and not in any states in between. The theory did not extend to chaotic motions, because it required a full multiply periodic trajectory of the classical system for all time in order to pose the quantum conditions.

The old quantum theory lives on as an approximation technique in quantum mechanics, called the WKB method. Semi-classical approximations were a popular research subject in the 1970s and 1980s, after Gutzwiller discovered a semi-classical description for systems which are classically chaotic (see quantum chaos You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

The Bohr Model
In atomic physics, the Bohr model, devised by Niels Bohr, depicts the atom as a small, positively charged nucleus surrounded by electrons that travel in circular orbits around the nucleus—similar in structure to the solar system, but with electrostatic forces providing attraction, rather than gravity. This was an improvement on the earlier cubic model (1902), the plum-pudding model (1904), the Saturnian model (1904), and the Rutherford model (1911). Since the Bohr model is a quantum physics-based modification of the Rutherford model, many sources combine the two, referring to the Rutherford–Bohr model.

Introduced by Niels Bohr in 1913, the model's key success lay in explaining the Rydberg formula for the spectral emission lines of atomic hydrogen. While the Rydberg formula had been known experimentally, it did not gain a theoretical underpinning until the Bohr model was introduced. Not only did the Bohr model explain the reason for the structure of the Rydberg formula, it also provided a justification for its empirical results in terms of fundamental physical constants.

The Bohr model is a primitive model of the hydrogen atom. As a theory, it can be derived as a first-order approximation of the hydrogen atom using the broader and much more accurate quantum mechanics, and thus may be considered to be an obsolete scientific theory. However, because of its simplicity, and its correct results for selected systems (see below for application), the Bohr model is still commonly taught to introduce students to quantum mechanics, before moving on to the more accurate but more complex valence shell atom. A related model was originally proposed by Arthur Erich Haas in 1910, but was rejected. The quantum theory of the period between Planck's discovery of the quantum (1900) and the advent of a full-blown quantum mechanics (1925) is often referred to as the old quantum theory.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

September 01, 2010, 12:31:58 PM
2008 - 2009 from the article and Quantum Mechanics.

From the December 2009 Scientific American Magazine
Splitting Time from Space—New Quantum Theory Topples Einstein's Spacetime
Buzz about a quantum gravity theory that sends space and time back to their Newtonian roots

Was Newton right and Einstein wrong? It seems that unzipping the fabric of spacetime and harking back to 19th-century notions of time could lead to a theory of quantum gravity.

Physicists have struggled to marry quantum mechanics with gravity for decades. In contrast, the other forces of nature have obediently fallen into line. For instance, the electromagnetic force can be described quantum-mechanically by the motion of photons. Try and work out the gravitational force between two objects in terms of a quantum graviton, however, and you quickly run into trouble—the answer to every calculation is infinity. But now Petr HoYava, a physicist at the University of California, Berkeley, thinks he understands the problem. It’s all, he says, a matter of time.

More specifically, the problem is the way that time is tied up with space in Einstein’s theory of gravity: general relativity. Einstein famously overturned the Newtonian notion that time is absolute—steadily ticking away in the background. Instead he argued that time is another dimension, woven together with space to form a malleable fabric that is distorted by matter. The snag is that in quantum mechanics, time retains its Newtonian aloofness, providing the stage against which matter dances but never being affected by its presence. These two conceptions of time don’t gel.

The solution, HoYava says, is to snip threads that bind time to space at very high energies, such as those found in the early universe where quantum gravity rules. “I’m going back to Newton’s idea that time and space are not equivalent,” HoYava says. At low energies, general relativity emerges from this underlying framework, and the fabric of spacetime restitches, he explains.

HoYava likens this emergence to the way some exotic substances change phase. For instance, at low temperatures liquid helium’s properties change dramatically, becoming a “superfluid” that can overcome friction. In fact, he has co-opted the mathematics of exotic phase transitions to build his theory of gravity. So far it seems to be working: the infinities that plague other theories of quantum gravity have been tamed, and the theory spits out a well-behaved graviton. It also seems to match with computer simulations of quantum gravity.

HoYava’s theory has been generating excitement since he proposed it in January, and physicists met to discuss it at a meeting in November at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Ontario. In particular, physicists have been checking if the model correctly describes the universe we see today. General relativity scored a knockout blow when Einstein predicted the motion of Mercury with greater accuracy than Newton’s theory of gravity could.

Can HoYYava gravity claim the same success? The first tentative answers coming in say “yes.” Francisco Lobo, now at the University of Lisbon, and his colleagues have found a good match with the movement of planets.

Others have made even bolder claims for HoYava gravity, especially when it comes to explaining cosmic conundrums such as the singularity of the big bang, where the laws of physics break down. If HoYava gravity is true, argues cosmologist Robert Brandenberger of McGill University in a paper published in the August Physical Review D, then the universe didn’t bang—it bounced. “A universe filled with matter will contract down to a small—but finite—size and then bounce out again, giving us the expanding cosmos we see today,” he says. Brandenberger’s calculations show that ripples produced by the bounce match those already detected by satellites measuring the cosmic microwave background, and he is now looking for signatures that could distinguish the bounce from the big bang scenario.

HoYava gravity may also create the “illusion of dark matter,” says cosmologist Shinji Mukohyama of Tokyo University. In the September Physical Review D, he explains that in certain circumstances HoYava’s graviton fluctuates as it interacts with normal matter, making gravity pull a bit more strongly than expected in general relativity. The effect could make galaxies appear to contain more matter than can be seen. If that’s not enough, cosmologist Mu-In Park of Chonbuk National University in South Korea believes that HoYava gravity may also be behind the accelerated expansion of the universe, currently attributed to a mysterious dark energy. One of the leading explanations for its origin is that empty space contains some intrinsic energy that pushes the universe outward. This intrinsic energy cannot be accounted for by general relativity but pops naturally out of the equations of HoYava gravity, according to Park.

So this research was conducted in 2008 and the paper was published in 2009. Maybe this is the reference to 2008/2009?

And Michael said in TII:

"It's an adventure, a great adventure. You want to take them places that they've never been before. Show the TIME like they've never seen before"

Starts @ 0:43 in the video (4 + 3 = 7  ;) )

[youtube:3mjvnpo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mHY2d85fqw[/youtube:3mjvnpo0]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

September 01, 2010, 02:19:30 PM
Quote from: "paula-c"
TMZ Another article published last year, and now repeats once more in the same month.

12/8/2009 3:00 PM PST by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson allegedly left his Las Vegasmansion in shambles -- this according to the latest in an endless stream of creditor's claims filed against the estate.

Aner Iglesias is demanding $234,000 from Michael's estate, to repair damages to the exterior and interior of the home, and to replace the phone and alarm system.

Aner claims the $234k is just an estimate -- the price tag may go up.

Thank you Paula, I just wanted to point out that this is repeated old news.

states - citing from TMZ - exactly the same on December 9, 2009, giving this picture:

The subtitle of the picture says:
Michael Jackson's Las Vegas home, where he was living when he first met Dr. Conrad Murray. Dr. Murray's own Las Vegas house was raided by police on Tuesday in connection with Jackson's death. Las Vegas, Nevada - 2009

Seems somebody is testing the waters...  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal