Just would like to share some random observation. Me and my aunt (who appears to be the only person I can actually talk about the hoax, thank God i have her!) recently watched a coverage of the James Brown public ceremony and... learned from it. We realized that we had underestimated the cultural differences regarding such occasions... Indeed, in our cultural environment, it is very much 'tears and snot' thing. And i mean it sincerely! I believe these customs are very deeply-rooted in history of each nation, but we often mistakenly (and subconsciously) extend our own vision of ethos over the other people who happen to share our same religion and (or) historical tradition.... anyway, back to James Brown funeral, it was a great tribute and... a great show with people singing Soul and dancing, some random smiling (greeting the guests or else), neither did i see any tears. They said it was just what James Brown would wish it to be. MJ was there and gave a short speech. Things were pretty hectic and spontaneous (people moving around the casket, talking amongst themselves etc), huge crowd of people, live coverage by CNN...  
Our first thought was 'wow, we must've been wrong saying MJ ceremonies (Memorial and Funeral) were off because of people not crying'... but at a second thought i was back to my original feeling... it was OFF, exactly because it was NOTHING spontaneous or hectic and seemed totally staged. The difference (in spirit) is screaming. Here's how the Memorial for James Brown was organized:

Brown's public and private memorial ceremonies were elaborate, complete with costume changes for Brown and videos featuring him in concert performances. Brown's body, which was placed in a gold casket, was driven through the streets of New York to the Apollo Theater in a white, glass-encased horse-drawn carriage (it was said they planned the same for MJ...). In Augusta, Georgia, the procession for Brown's public memorial visited Brown's statue as the procession made its way to the James Brown Arena. During the public memorial at the James Brown Arena, nachos and pretzels were served to mourners, as a video showed Brown's last performance in Augusta, Georgia and the Ray Charles version of "Georgia On My Mind" played soulfully in the background. Brown's last backup band, The Soul Generals, also played the music of Brown's hits during the memorial service at the James Brown Arena. The group was joined by Bootsy Collins on bass, with MC Hammer performing a dance in James Brown style. Former Temptations lead singer Ali-Ollie Woodson performed "Walk Around Heaven All Day" at the memorial services.

Maybe i'm over-looking into things... it's just a feeling that i get, that it was not the proper way... it would be speculation to talk about MJ wishes for this matter, as he never clearly spoke them, but it is yet strange that none of the closest to him knew about such and confirmed that they did it the way he would have wanted it!

Totally random: i remember when i first heard of James Brown being dead i didn't believe it because at the same time they started to play songs titled "James Brown is dead" and "James Brown is still alive"! Those however have nothing to do with JB, they were sampled in 1991-1992 by various electronic dance groups from his most famous tunes. But makes you think doesn't it? Tried to find JB's reaction to these sngs but couldn't... he just didn't give a heck!  :lol:

James Brown is Dead
I checked up on the late great J.B.
His death is said on national TV
Now memory, man are you with that
James Brown is dead
Total chaos, man it's resurrected
I'm confused that things are gettin' hectic
In my brain, what is happenin'?
Could this be a big misunderstanding? It is
The hardest working man in show biz is alive so
Don't be misled, cause the newsman said
JAMES BROWN IS DEAD

James Brown is Alive
James Brown's down
Who the funk do you think you're fooling?
For me the man's still ruling
Stop the nonsense
Stop telling lies
James Brown is still alive

Okay... i must do this!

Stop the nonsense
Stop telling lies
Michael Jackson is still alive!!!!!!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~A serious face is not yet an indication of intellect. All stupid things in the world are done with that exact expression. Smile, gentlemen, smile!~  

mjboogie

Yep You are right! Something was totally OFF with MJ's services compared to James Brown's services. OK do we have any footage of the memorial in Augusta? That we could view? I have saw the funeral at the Apollo. Also,.....James Brown was also a legend (with an open casket I may add!) Why was MJ's body never viewed by the public.You see fans were allowed into the APollo to view James and pay their respect with Al Sharpton standing right beside the casket also we saw MJ walk in to pay his respects (Does anyone know how MJ reacted to seeing James in the casket?) The spirit of MJ's burial did feel strange , staged..... very staged. But I will say in my opinion MJ"s burial felt more staged than the public memorial. Your thoughts?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Giving the fact that the 'dead' one was MICHAL JACKSON, not any ordinary man in the neighbourhood, i think there had to be an open casket at least. When things are made secretly,everything become suspicious and this aspect together with hundreds of other ones, led me to the conclusion that there 's a HOAX, girls. No doubt!

'in a white, glass-encased horse-drawn carriage (it was said they planned the same for MJ...)'

I even saw such a vehicle inside Neverland....There was a picture but i cannot find it now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Truth is like the Sun, You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away”
                 Elvis Presley

I believe MJ kissed him on the forehead.

[attachment=0:vj5pzajt]mjackson010207_04-thumb.jpg[/attachment:vj5pzajt]

[attachment=1:vj5pzajt]james-brown-public-funeral.jpg[/attachment:vj5pzajt]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wilds

Michael cried  :cry: He LOOOOVED James Brown and James loved Michael  :( I feel James Brown funeral was more "realistic" for lack of a better word. I don't know why Michael's casket was closed. Latoya said he was beautiful and looked like he was sleeping so it probably didn't have to do with how he looked. The open casket would have been an open and shut case ( no pun intended). Do Jehovah Witnesses keep the caskets closed??? If not, then I truly believe no body was even in there!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "wilds"

Michael cried  :cry: He LOOOOVED James Brown and James loved Michael  :( I feel James Brown funeral was more "realistic" for lack of a better word. I don't know why Michael's casket was closed. Latoya said he was beautiful and looked like he was sleeping so it probably didn't have to do with how he looked. The open casket would have been an open and shut case ( no pun intended). Do Jehovah Witnesses keep the caskets closed??? If not, then I truly believe no body was even in there!

They probable didn't want a shut case. It's more profitable such an undefined situation, don't you think? If Michael is dead , his family earn a lot after his death (LaToya:Michael worth more dead than alive); if he's alive i can understand why they did what they did.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Truth is like the Sun, You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away”
                 Elvis Presley

Quote from: "Oetoort"
Numer 6 is the number for archangel Michael..
Wow interesting... James Brown (his inspiration) died exactly 6 months before (and changed clothing..google immages..james brown funural)
The way James Brown looked was making me think... he was dressed the same as MJ in the final rehearsels.. See the blue jacket and the grey and red suit.
December 25 could be it
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJJ1982

James Brown died in 2006  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'Just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel\'

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'
You\'re just another part of me... I love YOU more...

mjboogie

It is  quite sad that MJ is so soon after James dont u think? I am still missing MJ and feel really sad about everything! I just wish we knew for sure if he is still here u know? Too much!!  Sometimes I dont know if i am coming or going! And I have been this way every since June 25th! And getting sadder now that we are leaving the year 2009 and the case is taking sooo long and MJ has not revealed himself... :(  :(  :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "wilds"

I just wanna dive into tha picture and give Michael a hug...he wasn't afraid to show how he felt. He was human and not made of stone like so man other celebrities. My heart is brakes for you Michael...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Where there is L.O.V.E I\'ll be there

Yes, James Browns funeral was hectic, not alot of tears but it still felt real. This reminds me of Bernie Macs funeral, everyone was so joyful and happy, cracking jokes just as Bernie would have wanted it to be. Some even came in wearing only white instead of black to honour him in a enlightening way and not in a dark way.

Several things odd in Michaels memorial:

The Liberian Girl/Im Alive and Im here Forever/Pains
Seat/Microphone/Gloves/Hat (Maybe the King of Pop, entertainer died)
Casket was entered and removed quickly from the arena
No one had the opportunity to get close to the casket and say their goodbyes like with James Brown
The children looked so happy
The delay in the opening speech by Smokey Robinson
Several close friends not attending (maybe they attended the burial because they were forced this time)
No proper speech made by the family aside from the ones made by Marlon and Paris which all screamed HOAX (hence the Michael in disguises part, Paris says she loves his daddy)
All the Jacksons wearing sunglasses indoors, I dont care if it was to hide tears still disrespectful
The odd statements in the memorial/burial service book (LaToya: Cant wait to see you perform again)
No true emotions, no true breakdowns, very arranged and controlled atmosphere
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JUST BECAUSE YOU READ IT IN THE MAGASINE OR SEE IT ON THE TV-SCREEN DONT MAKE IT FACTUAL.

the arabian nights

Do you have a link?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

The thing with an open casket, it brings a certain amount of closure, it leaves no doubt that the person is dead.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

steph

The feel of james Browns funeral was so different to michael`s.I think you don`t have to be crying to be upset but watching the two you can see and feel the difference.Something about mj`s memorial and funeral seemed off.You can just pick up on it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJJ1982

Quote from: "mjboogie"
It is  quite sad that MJ is so soon after James dont u think?  

I've said it already, but James Brown died in 2006, not last year  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'Just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel\'

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'
You\'re just another part of me... I love YOU more...