Quote from: "jill"
The rally is about restoring honor in America.  He and many others believe the forefathers of the USA were given a mandate for this nation by God.  He believes we have fallen short of that mandate and are way off course.  He is calling the nation to review our history, think for yourselves, don't take everything you hear from the media and politicians as the truth.

Well said, Jill. Thank you for this. I think a lot of what Glenn Beck says is taken out of context.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

loma

I have done my research, being a Mexican in California.
Please don't blame my opinions on the media.
I am on this website, and you should know better than to blame it on that. :lol:
We're talking about Glenn Beck, not the law.
I have an opinion about that man, and nothing is changing it.
My super-conservative Health teacher would turn on his show every day,
So I know what he's all about, but I still don't agree with him. *shudders*
Each to their own.
L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael, we\'ll never stop loving you.
We\'re all wishing you well, and wishing you home.

loma

Back to the true subject,
If I remember correctly, I think Glenn did say a few defensive words in relation to Michael.. Don't remember if they were followed up with nasty words or not. :?
So Rev. Al Sharpton and (kinda) Beck do have ties?

Edit: That was Rush Limbaugh. Sorry, confuse the two sometimes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Sorry, I watched that rally and I didn't like it at all. Palin was there and that did it for me. Besides that it looked like some kind of cult and I heard God our saviour like 100,000 times. Where was his truth? If there are so many lies in this world, why not take your chance with all those people around you and tell them exactly what is going on in this world? I only heard them talk about the brave soldiers fighting against the bad people (El Fake Aida), something that is a LIE in itself. I was disappointed, I had expected something else after I heard Beck's speeches and rants, but it looks like he is very two-faced. I stopped watching after 90 minutes or so because I needed a bucket.

AsI interpretated it, the message was: "It don't matter what you look like, or what your color is, as long as you're an American, it's fine." I hate that patriotic behavior, that is why in Europe we have such an bad image of Americans. It's nice to be proud of your inheritage and country, but NEVER think you're superiour, that's plain wrong.

Conclusion: this was a missed chance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

so i guess no one heard any of the reclaiming the dream activities. i read where jesse jackson was not in  d.c. but in detroit focusing on maybe a jobs bill or the jobless situation in the midwest. wasn't he around for the event with mlk?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

loma

Has anyone watched A.I?
Well this kinda reminded me of a Flesh Fair.
This couldn't be any more American if they
brought out Monster Trucks and hot dog/tee shirt guns.
I mean, yes. They said all the pretty words the audience wanted to hear,
But we don't need that anymore. We need action.
Glenn and Palin all talk, so I wasn't surprised that's all that happened.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"
Tomorrow will be Glenn Beck's rally at the Lincoln Memorial. Although I have been told he is quite of the drama queen, I think he has interesting things to say. He says is will be historical, so I am curious as to what they will do tomorrow. Is there someone who can record it so I can watch it later?

[youtube:3l3x0ro6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO0Z0DdqpE0&feature=related[/youtube:3l3x0ro6]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Interesting posters in the background  ;)

FAITH  HOPE  CHARITY

:?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sorry, I watched that rally and I didn't like it at all. Palin was there and that did it for me. Besides that it looked like some kind of cult and I heard God our saviour like 100,000 times. Where was his truth? If there are so many lies in this world, why not take your chance with all those people around you and tell them exactly what is going on in this world? I only heard them talk about the brave soldiers fighting against the bad people (El Fake Aida), something that is a LIE in itself. I was disappointed, I had expected something else after I heard Beck's speeches and rants, but it looks like he is very two-faced. I stopped watching after 90 minutes or so because I needed a bucket.

AsI interpretated it, the message was: "It don't matter what you look like, or what your color is, as long as you're an American, it's fine." I hate that patriotic behavior, that is why in Europe we have such an bad image of Americans. It's nice to be proud of your inheritage and country, but NEVER think you're superiour, that's plain wrong.

Hmf, well, most people here do not think that way- but it is unnerving to know that other nations (apparently Europe) look down on us. It would be nice if everyone just thought the same of everyone..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dejavu

Quote from: "PinkTopaz"
Hmf, well, most people here do not think that way- but it is unnerving to know that other nations (apparently Europe) look down on us. It would be nice if everyone just thought the same of everyone..

I'm no scientist, but I don't think Europe is a nation  :ugeek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael's Vision - The Immortal Experience

Quote from: "dejavu"

I'm no scientist, but I don't think Europe is a nation  :ugeek:
Ooh, well, I just meant how it's a continent- ah, well, at least I look stupid now.. *facepalm*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

If you would have read my post, you would have seen we have that IMAGE. Why? Because that is how Americans are portrayed here. I am not saying that all or most Americans act like that. It's what is shown to the rest of the world.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hmf, yeah, we are portrayed like that Beck a lot- bloated, "superior" personas.. I just hope we haven't sustained too much damage as a whole around the world.. it's not exactly fair when it's the fault of the media(s) and not we, the people..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Quote from: "jill"
The rally is about restoring honor in America.  He and many others believe the forefathers of the USA were given a mandate for this nation by God.  He believes we have fallen short of that mandate and are way off course.

So he says he wants a religious based government, a theocracy, like they say is so wrong in Muslim nations. Or maybe he's saying America already is a theocracy. Makes me sort of nervous. What if atheists are the next group slated for persecution by the masses [media]?

This is why I say Beck is no good. He spreads racism and intolerance, he incites hate and fear of "the other guys", and wraps it all up in an American flag and that somehow makes it all ok. It's not ok.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

PJ4MJ

If you would have read my post, you would have seen we have that IMAGE. Why? Because that is how Americans are portrayed here. I am not saying that all or most Americans act like that. It's what is shown to the rest of the world.

So what, do you think, is the agenda?  If you and others can believe that most Americans aren't the way the media in your countries portrays us, then obviously there is an agenda.  It seems the world always hears negative things about America - much more than the good we do in this world.  And many of us Americans find it frustrating.  I know I do.  I don't see your media broadcasts, so I can't analyze them and see the trends; hence, the question.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "PJ4MJ"

So what, do you think, is the agenda?  If you and others can believe that most Americans aren't the way the media in your countries portrays us, then obviously there is an agenda.  It seems the world always hears negative things about America - much more than the good we do in this world.  And many of us Americans find it frustrating.  I know I do.  I don't see your media broadcasts, so I can't analyze them and see the trends; hence, the question.
Tell me about it..!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions