@Christina Can you please send me the link to that article I want to read more, although the propofol was found in body fluids and they measured the drug level from aqueous humour  already what they want more?  aqueous -humour, the body fluid detects the propofol  level most accurately and can be kept frozen and the slides for histopathology too but there is no use of preserving the blood specially  as the cells break down releasing all the chemical contents including enzymes and electrolytes , for propofol the usual pathway of metabolism is through hydroxylation  and glucuronidation by Cyt P450 system in liver and  bile and finally excreted out through kidneys  
    Propofol is a water-immiscible oil basically , so is used as an emulsion of a soya oil/propofol mixture in water, this makes it appear as a highly opaque white fluid.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "trublu"
I think if someones 'death' is found as suspicious, which might lead to a trial, body fluids would be preserved as evidence.

But heck, I'm not a scientist/coroner/someone who reads up on the preservation of body fluids! :lol:

I wish a doctor or someone would enlighten us about this...

I agree with this.  I would be surprised if the fluids were NOT preserved.  It is, after all, crucial evidence and Murrays defence team have every right to ask for them and re-test them for a second opinion.

This is why the news that the syringe was being auctioned was so off...  i still dont believe that story as the syringe would also be crucial evidence for fingerprints, DNA, etc.

I am assuming (as i do not know) - but i am assuming that these fluids would have been frozen to preserve them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I wish if Murrays lawyers used some  common sense by asking for samples AT THE TIME OF AUTOPSY  not now  like Ms Katherine  made request for 2nd private autopsy she  had her doubts which I understand completly and its her right .  But whats the role of coroner then ?  he is a neutral person who is responsible for maintaing chain-of-custody otherwise every day ever other person woulkd stand up and ask for seprate autopsy , the whole procedure is kept on record in a tape recorder , the forensic pathologist speak out loud and clear  so that  one of the  person in the room  write down everything he says , since its about Michael Jackson  and the nature of the case , i believe they must be very very careful about each and everything ,the autopsy is routinely  done within 3 hrs  but  it lasted  for 7hrs  so you can imagine now how hard they tried  to note each and every minute detail , i already said earlier the  body samples under various alises in the autopsy report were used to avoid getting bias reports ,same must be the case with histology slides they were not send to pathologist under name  of Michael Jackson , and there is strong possibility all the samples were send to various hospitals   or to the same pathologist many times not just one ,and it happen very often  , all the reused medical equipment shouldnot go  on auction , its pure insanity
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Just how long are these body fluids still considered "reliable"?  Doesn't some things break down and chemically change over time?  I'm confused :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
Just how long are these body fluids still considered "reliable"?  Doesn't some things break down and chemically change over time?  I'm confused :?

What if they freeze them?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[youtube:3bipygog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz7ZO9r9sVE[/youtube:3bipygog]

Chappie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

But even things put in the freezer have a "use by" date.  Would body fluids also?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

I found my answer for blood:  Frozen blood can be stored for 10 years from the date of blood collection.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

all4loveandbelieve

I have a strong feeling, that they cannot test the  samples due to some problem, and they probably have to exhume the body, and that's when we will find out that MJ is not the one who died.  I guess that's how we will find out. I feel it is going towards that direction.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Quote from: "all4loveandbelieve"
I have a strong feeling, that they cannot test the  samples due to some problem, and they probably have to exhume the body, and that's when we will find out that MJ is not the one who died.  I guess that's how we will find out. I feel it is going towards that direction.

Sounds like a solid plan to me. :lol:   Then the next headlines would read - GRAVE ROBBERS ...ETC. :lol:   But we know ;)  ;)  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

Quote from: "mjj_fan"
@Christina Can you please send me the link to that article I want to read more, although the propofol was found in body fluids and they measured the drug level from aqueous humour  already what they want more?  aqueous -humour, the body fluid detects the propofol  level most accurately and can be kept frozen and the slides for histopathology too but there is no use of preserving the blood specially  as the cells break down releasing all the chemical contents including enzymes and electrolytes , for propofol the usual pathway of metabolism is through hydroxylation  and glucuronidation by Cyt P450 system in liver and  bile and finally excreted out through kidneys  
    Propofol is a water-immiscible oil basically , so is used as an emulsion of a soya oil/propofol mixture in water, this makes it appear as a highly opaque white fluid.

It wasn't an "article," mjj_fan. It was a post in another community by someone in the medical field. And what I have posted is what was said. And since it is not a hoax community I don't want to link to it. My point in referencing it was only in as much as I thought it was relevant to the questions at hand in this thread. :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
I found this great fact sheet...I will break it down for you.

The Biological fluids retreaved during an autopsy are as follows:

1.  Blood
2.  Urine
3.  Bile
4.  Vitreous Humor
5.  Cerebrospinal fluid
6.  Other body fluids (in cases where blood and urine are not available) pericardial and synovial fluids can be used for toxicology anaylysis like alcohol.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
I found my answer for blood:  Frozen blood can be stored for 10 years from the date of blood collection.

However this is blood from a live donor.  Does it differ if from a deceased person?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
The fluid specimens are perserved in sodium fluoride after an autopsy...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@christiana , its okay i understand , thankyou for the post

i want to clear one more thing , the blood is preserved from live donors  like blood banks in hospitals set up , they preserve it for future transfusion in any acute emergency but its preservation is different from  autopsy, the transfusion bottle have anticoagulants, preventing  blood clotting which occurs soon blood leaks out of vessels   but in autopsy cases the body arrives hours after death  , the process of blood contamination and  autolysis  started  already , depending upon the temperature of surrounding at the time of death , but preservatives are also added in bottles  used for autopsy to prevent further decomposition , i will give an example , let say the body arrives after 2 hours , the samples are drawn and sent to the  forensic-lab  , but by that times many electrolytes specially potassium will leak out of cells which normally stay inside , once circulation stops , lack of oxygen disrupts the cell membrane around the cells and the potassiuml leaks out  giving a false negative result wilth high levels , same is the case with enzymes the chemicals which digest the cells of the body ( autolysis)  hours after death ,for every organ the time line is very important ,  each of it decays in sepcific time ,another  importance of time after death is  decision making for body donation upon  deceased wish and the cause of death is natural, a pathologistl makes a gross examination to see if the organ is alive means still capable of funtioning and safe it for donation , the bottom line.....timing is important from every aspect in the medical field ,  every second counts !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions