Re: TIAI 08/25
August 25, 2010, 06:56:33 PM
Quote from: "Stranger In Chi-town"
Quote from: "trublu"
Wow not being religious myself I always feel a bit odd when redirects are religious...

Lolz, I don't get it, either.... :?  :?  :?:

Well, I'm not religious either -I consider myself to be agnostic, like some of you guys said above.

I used to feel a little uncomfortable in the past when TS's posts and redirections mentioned or made reference to God, the Bible, etc. You know that I was a little sceptic about the whole thing back then, and so I felt sort of preached to, patronised even. However, after learning more about TS, and admitting that yes, he is certainly a religious person, I realise that it's not his intention to talk us into any religion.

I have the feeling though that this talk about the Bible, etc. in his posts, may have kept people away from opening up to what he has to say. That's why I think today's redirection actually comes in handy as an illustration of why I think religion is not the issue here. I don't mind TS bringin attention to the fact that the Elvis/Eliza connection is the result of a little help from God. Why not? Because I think It's not God that TS wants us to focus on by means of analysing this redirect, but Elvis. Ok, I'll explain:

As some of you have said before, the 'God' TS says has 'helped' a little by bringing Elvis into the picture, could be 'any' God -depending on what religion you ascribe to. But for others, it could be a higher entity unattached to any particular religion. To some, as myself, it can be the result of synchronicity or serendipity-which is in itself quite misterious if you ask me! Finally others may think it's just coincidence -we know about these, right? ;)

But to me, the important thing in today's redirect is that the fact that there is talk of Elvis being alive doing the rounds it's good for MJ's hoax. (I think this has been mentioned in another thread, sorry I can't remember for sure) Because if there is a Bam, some members of the public may not take it too well, specially haters and some media. Now if there's talk of Elvis having faked his death too, the whole situation changes; it would be much safer from MJ to resurface in such a climate. Elvis would be more easily 'forgiven' by the public (not that any of them needs any kind of forgivment, you understand!), simply because it was a long long time ago, and memories of all that a 'death' of such magnitude entails are not as fresh. Therefore, if there isn't hard criticism towards one King, it will be sort of unconsciously perceived that there shouldn't be for the other 'King' either. Making sense here?! :) I hope so!

And that's why today's redirect is IMO, proof of TS's authenticity yet again-and also why fear of being preached into any religion shouldn't keep people away from reading and giving TS a chance.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

August 25, 2010, 07:11:29 PM
Religious or not religious, that matters if the message is good...., if it is a memsaje of love,Brotherhood and peace. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

August 25, 2010, 08:53:09 PM
Amen to everything dontmakeitfactual wrote in the post above - this is IT!  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal