*Mo*

Quote from: "Sangre"
The reason why I needed to get that out is because non-fans have publically called fans "deranged." Even the admins themselves act as if being a fan is a bad thing, or a disease...Is it justified?

We have never said that being a fan is a bad thing, or a disease.  What we have tried to point out to is that a lot of fans are in love with a PR persona, and that it seems to be very difficult for a lot of fans to realize and accept that a PR persona is a creation which could be totally different from MJ's real personality.  We have pointed out that a lot of fans are hindered by an emotional barrier, which makes them unable of thinking outside the box.  

We have pointed out that because of that emotional barrier and the love for the PR persona, fans say "Michael would never do that".  Fact is that no one knows what Mike would or wouldn't do, but by sticking to the PR persona and saying "he would never do that" people are dismissing a lot of issues in this hoax that could be very realistic.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MashMike

100% agree with Souza, sometimes we forget that Michael is a human being like all of us with his ups and downs
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

superflysister81

Thanks for this thread Souza!

Ad Mo, I totally agree with you on this :

Quote from: "*Mo*"
We have pointed out that because of that emotional barrier and the love for the PR persona, fans say "Michael would never do that".  Fact is that no one knows what Mike would or wouldn't do, but by sticking to the PR persona and saying "he would never do that" people are dismissing a lot of issues in this hoax that could be very realistic.[/b]

Love to all
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Excellent post Souza, I can understand your frustrations - I'm sorry if maybe I have contributed to them at times.  :oops:

Would it help to think that at least these 'fans', for want of a better word, are here, on your site, and serious things posted here may well attract their attention over time. I don't think anyone jumps in one leap, straight from liking the King of Pop (the PR persona that Mo spoke of) to admiring and respecting the man MJ. There have certainly been several 'in-between' stages for me, and many threads I just didn't look at when I first came here, until I was 'ready'.

I think the 'PR persona' is exactly what MJ intentionally developed to get people's attention. He said as much in that interview with LMP about the trailer for HIStory. He liked the controversy, he wanted everyone to sit up and take notice, not, I think, from an egotistical point of view but because he wanted everyone to hear his message.

Seems like he did too good a job on the 'sitting up' part! Maybe we can help those with that emotional barrier to start to 'take notice' too. IDK, perhaps posting links in the dodgy threads, to some of MJ's powerful speeches, poetry or writings, to encourage them to look a little deeper.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

It is difficult to see beyond the "reality" that the media constructs for us.  Who is the real Michael? There is a real person behind the facade built by managers, advisors, his father, etc.  There must be a valid reason for doing what he did. Souza,  you are telling people to look beyond what seems "real" and try to understand what has happened. In this way, we benefit ourselves and our society and we can help Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Souza,i agree with you!!!!Thanks...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I agree that some fans are a little insensitive and can only admire the look, the smile and the voice of Michael.
Of course, as a fan of 27 years, I am thrilled and in love with its charm, especially in the era "History", but I think the true fans, can see the human being that Michael is. Proof of this is that many mourn and has a sense of injustice for all that Michael suffered, we know how many he has always proved to be stubborn, conceited and even perhaps a bit vindictive. I particularly love Michael as a man and artist, I know he is not perfect, it has several flaws, but their qualities are very evident: humane, intelligent, talented, sensitive, good father, good son, gentle (mostly ) and why not say handsome, charming, attractive and lovely??
As for autism, I am not very convinced, but it is something to consider ... perhaps the mildest form of the disease? After all, they say that autistic people are true geniuses ... and Michael is a genius!

Unconditionally love you, Michael!! As a human being and as artist. Nobody will ever overcome you!
God be with you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

CC

THANK YOU SOUZA FOR YOUR WORDS...
I LOVE THAT QUOTE OF THE LITTLE PRINCE!!! I LOVE THAT BOOK, WAS THE FIRST BOOK I READ WHEN I WAS LITTLE AND STILL READ TIME TO TIME... I BOUGHT THAT BOOK FOR MY DAUGHTER 7 BIRTHDAY... (7 AGAIN, LOL!) SHE LOVE IT TOO...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

Quote from: "*Mo*"
Quote from: "Sangre"
The reason why I needed to get that out is because non-fans have publically called fans "deranged." Even the admins themselves act as if being a fan is a bad thing, or a disease...Is it justified?

We have never said that being a fan is a bad thing, or a disease.  What we have tried to point out to is that a lot of fans are in love with a PR persona, and that it seems to be very difficult for a lot of fans to realize and accept that a PR persona is a creation which could be totally different from MJ's real personality.  We have pointed out that a lot of fans are hindered by an emotional barrier, which makes them unable of thinking outside the box.  

We have pointed out that because of that emotional barrier and the love for the PR persona, fans say "Michael would never do that".  Fact is that no one knows what Mike would or wouldn't do, but by sticking to the PR persona and saying "he would never do that" people are dismissing a lot of issues in this hoax that could be very realistic.

Thank you so much. If there is one thing I don't like, its definitely the phrase "Michael would never do that".

And as for what you said Souza, thank you for speaking the words so many people were thinking. Michael was/is human! This is a hoax site. Let's, you know... talk about the hoax! Not gold pants.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
June 25, 2009 - The Day I Woke Up

RK

Sorry for any grief I may have caused you Souza. Taking my rose coloured glasses off now and replacing them with a magnifying glass. And for the record, I have never been a gold pants drooler. For me it's all about the injustice.  I am wired with a strong need to see wrongs put right.  My Dad used to call me his rebel without a cause in my younger years. I have  now found a worthy one.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

This is an absolutely necessary discussion and therefore I would like to thank Souza for opening it.

It seems there are waves of evolution reaching out to the board like tides.
We have seen this happen several times - each time the board acquired more members, there were more potential issues added until they got resolved.

I would not like to give up this time - we did not give up before, either. The more fans or interested people are being attracted to the board, the more they bring with themselves the "used-to" culture of fan-boards, media-like PR-information that was hammered into their minds and perception and certain points of view that were strategically  built up.

We had to let all that go, too, and it was not easy and did hurt and sometimes was more than we thought we could handle.

Let's not forget to lend a hand to those not used to the hoax train to explore and adapt to the "multiple-opinions-shared-not-fought-on-board", "fact-oriented-look-from-all-sides-with-magnifying-glasses-without-ridiculing", "we-respect-and appreciate-each-other-and-our-different-perspectives-to-see-the-world" and "we-try-to-stay-open-minded-about-unknown-aspects-of-life" cultures we have developped over months here.

I believe the "long-time-runners" have developped capabilities that some of the newbies have not discovered yet. This is no judgement, it is just one reason for different interpretations. Some of the newbies may not have the indepth knowledge of the evolution of the hoax. I would like to point out that ALL information is to be found either in the blogs, videos, summaries or archives. However, it takes your time to read through the many facts. It takes your dedication to work on some matters. It is NOT easy.

Nobody has ever said that the hoax is a digital cheeseburger that may be understood in just a few minutes. Getting the messages will take some time of your life. It will pay out though more than you may imagine. It will change your life forever.

Having said all the above, I would like to encourage the newbies to dare take off their habits and glasses, to just take a step back before posting and work on the subject for a minute or hour or two. This is about S.T.U.D.Y. and reading and reflecting and exchanging then.
I would like to open my arms for all - you are each and everybody much wanted here - we undertook quite some adventure to make you find us  ;) .

So welcome with a warm heart and best wishes. Come and discover the man you never knew.
You will be soooo surprised of who you missed until now...

A little etiquette will help all of us, a step back from where you used to be, daring NOT looking at gold pants but behind the curtain, wanting to know the man instead of the role, listening, reading, finding yourself speechless, in awe, starting an adventure you never expected - welcome to the rollercoaster of your life.

L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

Thank you Souza for a wonderful and much needed post.

I have been an admirer of Michaels for most of my life.  My love and admiration for him has evolved a lot over the years.  When I was a starry eyed teenager, it was Michael Jackson, King of Pop that I loved.   But as I have gotten older I have grown to love, respect and admire  Michael, the man.  He is a true humanitarian with enough love in his heart for the entire world.  He has inspired me to not only make myself a better person but to make the world better by treating everyone with love and respect.

We should all think before we post and take into consideration the other persons feelings.  Let's be kind to one another.  It doesn't mean we can't disagree but we should be respectful and not argumentative.  Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Please remember:  God is Love, Love is God.  When you put God in the center all things are possible.

Many blessings to all
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "AnaMarcia"
I agree that some fans are a little insensitive and can only admire the look, the smile and the voice of Michael.
Of course, as a fan of 27 years, I am thrilled and in love with its charm, especially in the era "History", but I think the true fans, can see the human being that Michael is. Proof of this is that many mourn and has a sense of injustice for all that Michael suffered, we know how many he has always proved to be stubborn, conceited and even perhaps a bit vindictive. I particularly love Michael as a man and artist, I know he is not perfect, it has several flaws, but their qualities are very evident: humane, intelligent, talented, sensitive, good father, good son, gentle (mostly ) and why not say handsome, charming, attractive and lovely??
As for autism, I am not very convinced, but it is something to consider ... perhaps the mildest form of the disease? After all, they say that autistic people are true geniuses ... and Michael is a genius!

Unconditionally love you, Michael!! As a human being and as artist. Nobody will ever overcome you!
God be with you.

Asperger's IS the mild form of the disease. lol. My doctors are actually in the process of rediagnoseing me cause they belived me to be Bipolar and ADHD. People with Aspergers can still function in life, still hold jobs, and even drive. And they generally are very intelligent people. My cousin who has the extreme form or autism can not do these things  and can barely communicate at all. I hope that clears that up for you. And you know a little about the diffence now. People with Aspergers May appear almost completely normal. Which, we are still lol.

Check out this video about a guy with aspergers. Seems pretty normal, but he has problems socially and has an obssesion that they thought was OCD at first,

[youtube:3jrpg7a4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAfWfsop1e0[/youtube:3jrpg7a4]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

I've read that people with Asperger's syndrome are awkward. Certainly, Michael wasn't. But he does have characteristics. The man we never knew.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "liegi"
I've read that people with Asperger's syndrome are awkward. Certainly, Michael wasn't. But he does have characteristics. The man we never knew.

People with asperger's are not awkward. They are different and not always understood by others, but they can function very well. Please read up on Asperger's.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions