ambulance
August 18, 2010, 02:42:07 AM
What are the odds of getting a shockable rythm based solely off of movement from the ambulance? I am wondering if there is credible data (some numbers) to the chances of getting a shock-able rhythm from the AED based off of ambulance moving. I am just wondering because I know the filters in the AED are sensitive and I would think would have to be very capable.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Re: ambulance
August 18, 2010, 12:40:12 PM
Quote from: "patneela"
What are the odds of getting a shockable rythm based solely off of movement from the ambulance? I am wondering if there is credible data (some numbers) to the chances of getting a shock-able rhythm from the AED based off of ambulance moving. I am just wondering because I know the filters in the AED are sensitive and I would think would have to be very capable.
They were not using an AED. The monitor the paramedics have has a defibrillator, which means the paramedics will analyze the rhythm on their own and then determine whether or not to shock. In my experience of defibrillating in a moving vehicle, it is very easy to determine whether or not the patient is in a shockable rhythm. It is true that movement can cause artifact, but not enough for the medic to think it's V fib or V tach instead of asystole. Lifepak 12s generally have less artifact than the Zoll that I use, and even Zoll isn't that bad.
You'll get artifact moreso from the patient moving or poor lead placement than the movement of the ambulance. 12-leads require the patient to be quite still, and I personally try to get one before we start moving. But in a cardiac arrest, you will not be doing a 12 lead (unless you obtain a sustained ROSC and have time to do one). And a regular 3 lead doesn't get much artifact from ambulance movement.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjboogie

January 08, 2011, 10:42:52 PM
hi i am new here i am a 1 year old :D  :)  ;)  :(  8-)  :?  :shock:  :o  :lol:  :x  :P  :oops:  :roll:  :twisted:  :evil:  :cry:  :!:  :?:  :idea:  :arrow:  :ugeek:  :geek:  :mrgreen:  :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ROFL

January 09, 2011, 11:17:58 AM
Quote from: "mjboogie"
hi i am new here i am a 1 year old :D  :)  ;)  :(  8-)  :?  :shock:  :o  :lol:  :x  :P  :oops:  :roll:  :twisted:  :evil:  :cry:  :!:  :?:  :idea:  :arrow:  :ugeek:  :geek:  :mrgreen:  :|

:?:

And how can you be new when you joined  -> Dec 2nd, '09, 19:15?

:lol:  :? :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If they could love like you and me, imagine what the world could be.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal