Janet As Record Producer?
September 07, 2010, 06:45:43 PM
Saw the following on the MSN Entertainment page today online....any thoughts on hoax implications?
***************************************************************************************************************************

Janet Jackson eyeing independent music career
Sept. 3, 2010, 12:57 PM EST

Janet Jackson is considering shunning record labels to release her own music, after finding herself without industry backing for the first time in her career.

The "Nasty" singer signed a contract with A&M Records at the age of 16 in 1982 before moving to Virgin Records in 1991 as part of a record-breaking deal. She left the company in 2007 to sign another multimillion-dollar agreement with Island Records, which came to an abrupt end a year later after the release of just one disc.

Jackson is taking time away from the music scene to concentrate on her movie career, but when she returns, the singer is open to taking complete control of her musical releases -- despite interest from the industry's major players.

She tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "All the major labels have called and they want to sit down and talk about me signing. But I need to figure out if that's the route I want to take or if I want to do something more independent.

"The latter might be better, where I'd be able to call the shots when creating my own album. I haven't decided."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

Janet Jackson Going Independent?
September 08, 2010, 03:10:07 PM
Janet Jackson Independent Music Career? – Janet Jackson recently spoke about a number of offers that she has received from major record labels, but now may be looking at releasing her next album independently. It is something that many in the music industry have done in recent years, since album sales have teetered off and most of the money now comes from live performances.

Major record labels are known for the horrendous deals that they give artists, often loaning them money that would be impossible to recoup.
Her first record deal came with A&M records in 1982. When her contract with them was up, she signed a historic deal with Virgin Records in 1991. She left Virgin in 2007 to sign with Island Records. Her deal with the company only lasted one year, and ended after she had only released one disc full of music.
Now, she might be looking to get away from the major label lifestyle.

By releasing a record independently, she will have complete artistic control over every aspect of her CD. She said that she has received a number of phone calls from major labels that asked to speak with her, but also said that she had not figured out what she wanted to do.

She went on to say that she was leaning toward going independent to “call the shots when creating her album.” Going independent would also allow her to create her own promotional schedule for the album, meaning that she could promote her release as much as she felt was necessary. It will be interesting to see what decision Janet Jackson comes to regarding her record deal.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Janet Jackson Going Independent?
September 08, 2010, 03:23:02 PM
[youtube:bglrapzk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs3D1PpcJA8&feature=related[/youtube:bglrapzk]
Chappie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 08, 2010, 04:56:30 PM
I hope her Big Brother Michael will go independent, too...  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

September 09, 2010, 01:21:47 PM
Quote from: "VeryLittleSusie"
I hope her Big Brother Michael will go independent, too...  8-)

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Janet As Record Producer?
September 12, 2010, 11:12:29 AM
That is good thing because most black entertainers retire poor. The music industry is thieves.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions