I came across this article about Janet's performance at the Essence Music Festival.  I found some of the things she did in her show to be interesting.  She actually took a break during her performance and showed tv and movie clips of herself.  She showed clips from Good Times, Different Strokes, and all her movies.  What the heck?  Then she did a photo montage to MJ during one of her songs.  I find this interesting since Janet said she doesn't like watching herself on the screen and she doesn't like to view pics of Mike.  The order of her song choices in the article are interesting as well.  I guess during her performance of the song Discipline she got real nasty and freaky with this guy from the audience.  She was grinding on him, and she licked his face and grabbed his crotch.  Oh my goodness.  All this a few days after the anniversary of you're brother's supposed death.  The video is posted on Youtube.  Here's the article:

Janet Jackson Opens Essence Music Festival In New Orleans
Jackson ran through her hits, from 'Pleasure Principle' to 'Together Again,' which featured a photo montage of brother Michael.By Shaheem Reid

Text Size Decrease Increase
Essence magazine is celebrating two very special anniversaries this weekend in New Orleans. It's been 40 years since the publication started and 16 years since they began what has become their Fourth of July holiday weekend staple: the Essence Music Festival.

This year, three of the biggest names in music — iconic figures, especially for the black community and women — are the headliners. Alicia Keys highlights the bill on Saturday, Mary J. Blige closes out the weekend on Sunday, and on Friday night, the 2010 Essence Fest was honored with pop-culture royalty. Janet Jackson brought the crowd in the New Orleans Superdome to their feet with an onslaught of timeless music from her globally cherished catalog.

With the lights out in the stadium, Janet's voice was heard saying, "I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. ... Are we ready? It's all about control."

With so many hits, Jackson chose to start off with "Pleasure Principle," wearing a one-piece outfit with leotards underneath. "You might think I'm crazy, but I'm serious," she began singing. Jackson's set reminded you of how Mike Tyson used to pound his opponents back in the '80s: graceful but extremely forceful with, of course, a first-round knockout.

Jackson started with everything you would imagine: more backup dancers than MC Hammer, seamless choreography, great lighting and the chart toppers. She exploded with "Control" and then "What Have You Done for Me Lately."

"New Orleans, do you want more?" She asked. "Do you want this?"

"You Want This" followed. Then came "Alright," with Jackson poppin' and lockin' with youthful ease. During "Miss You Much," Jackson said, "I know you remember this one ... New Orleans, I miss you."

Jackson left the stage temporarily and the audience was taken for a stroll down memory lane through acting highlights. It started with a clip of "Good Times" in which J.J. Evans brought Penny home after she ran away. There was Janet in that memorable shot, a preteen with a bandage on her head.

"I'm sorry, Momma. I promise I won't do it again," the abused Penny said. Everyone knew what was coming next: that wretched iron.

From there, a clip from "Different Strokes" was shown, with Charlene, Arnold and Willis. Next up was the scene in "Poetic Justice" where her character meets Tupac's Lucky and sexual tension ensues. The highlights ended with "Nutty Professor II" and the Tyler Perry "Why Did I Get Married?" movies.
Janet came back on the stage and sat down, wearing a gown ... with spikes on the shoulders. She sang "Let It Go" and then thrilled the audience with sing-alongs "Come Back to Me" and "Let's Wait a While." "This was my first number one, thanks to all of you," she said during "When I Think of You." And during "Got 'Til It's Gone," Q-Tip appeared on the video screen, rapping his part.

Later in the show, Janet switched into a dominatrix outfit and led her leather-clad male dancers to the stage. The men crawled on their knees like dogs as Jackson donned a fur coat. Later she went into "Any Time, Any Place."

During a breakdown, Janet took off her coat to reveal a flesh-colored catsuit. She brought up a male fan from the audience and he was promptly put in a harness that constrained his hands and feet. Jackson lay on the floor and the man was suspended, practically laying on top of her. She took his head and placed it in her bosom. Later, the positions were reversed, with the man laying on the floor and Jackson bouncing over him. She also grabbed his crotch at one point. Jackson's show ended with "Nasty Boys," "Rhythm Nation" and, after another costume change, this one all white, "Together Again." | Comment On This Article Janet Jackson performs at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans on Friday
Photo: MTV News
Related Videos
 Video: Janet Jackson Kicks Off Essence Music Festival  
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WOW... :shock: Im not sure what to make of this.  :shock: THATS JANET??? After watching that Im still scratching my head. I have to think on this one!!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"MJ is a brilliant man with a brilliant purpose in life, one that we are just unable to comprehend. Our minds are finite compared to his".    1VLOVE

this1crazygirl

hey she been doing a naughty set for over 10 years now...

alot of musicians do it in concert...  and that thing the guy was in looks fun! I'd love to take a spin on that LOL
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

can someone have a link of the full performance?
i didn´t know that the last tour of janet was in 2008 and was called rock witchu :roll:
here an article of his performance, here say that the set list was very much like 2008 tour...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

she also touched herself at 1:48  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=200]MJ ON MY MIND <3 <3 <3 <3 <3I love him so much that im .........that im .......just simply speechless <3 <3[/size]

I found multiple videos of the performances on youtube......I just don't feel like posting them here.  They just make me so sad.  At the risk of sounding like a total prude, why does such a talented artist like Janet feel like she has to rely so much on sex to sell herself?  Really.....grinding into some guy, bondage stuff, touching just about everything, why?  It's no wonder kids think sex is OK, no matter what.  They see their favorite artists up on stage and in videos doing all of it, it must be OK.  It's not. I know I sound prude-like......I just really respect the human nature of love and making love.  I think I am just an old sole.....I'll roll my own eyes :roll:  LOL

Many Blessings!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "wishingstar"
I found multiple videos of the performances on youtube......I just don't feel like posting them here.  They just make me so sad.  At the risk of sounding like a total prude, why does such a talented artist like Janet feel like she has to rely so much on sex to sell herself?  Really.....grinding into some guy, bondage stuff, touching just about everything, why?  It's no wonder kids think sex is OK, no matter what.  They see their favorite artists up on stage and in videos doing all of it, it must be OK.  It's not. I know I sound prude-like......I just really respect the human nature of love and making love.  I think I am just an old sole.....I'll roll my own eyes :roll:  LOL

Many Blessings!

I agree.  I'm old school too.  I hope her little nieces and nephews don't try to watch on Youtube.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "msteetee34"
Quote from: "wishingstar"

Many Blessings!

I agree.  I'm old school too.  I hope her little nieces and nephews don't try to watch on Youtube.

No kidding! "Hey guys.....let's watch Aunt Janet..."  :oops:
Unfortunately, I bet they have seen it already.  I can't even imagine trying to explain some of that to a kid.  Makes me sad.  
Thanks for the response... you made me feel better!
Have an awesome day!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sex sells, period
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "bluepiggy"
sex sells, period

So just cause it sells don't mean you have to do it.  There are still people out there that just rely on their talent.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "msteetee34"
Quote from: "bluepiggy"
sex sells, period

So just cause it sells don't mean you have to do it.  There are still people out there that just rely on their talent.

the whole show is not sex, the set has to do with the song... and if you really look at whats holding the guy, there is actually no contact between him and Janet, except for those few times... LOL :lol:  can Janet help it of she's a sexy b**** ? LOL

if I had a young person with me at the concert, we might get drinks during that song ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions