Re: Elvis
September 13, 2010, 01:01:45 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Happy anniversary of Elvis Presley's "death"

I've had many people contact me wondering about Eliza Presley's case and her efforts to prove that she is the daughter of Vernon Presley and half-sister of Elvis Presley.  In doing so, she's also trying to show that Elvis is still alive and she has DNA evidence to prove it.Elvis gravesite

So it seemed appropriate to share an update about her case on August 16th, 2010 ... exactly 33 years after the day that the history books mark as when Elvis died.  Click here to review the first installment of my four-part discussion about Eliza's case and why -- as hard as it was for me to swallow at first -- I believe she's telling the truth and Elvis really is alive.

On August 6, 2010, Eliza's attorney filed a Motion for Default Judgment, asking the Chauncery Court in Tennessee to enter a default judgment on her Complaint to Determine Parentage and Heirship against Lisa Marie Presley and all other surviving or unknown heirs of Vernon Presley.  You can read the Motion for Default here.

Despite the fact that Lisa Marie was legally served and notice was published for all heirs one year ago, no one has come forward to respond to the lawsuit or challenge Eliza's claims in court.  You can read the Complaint that started the lawsuit here.

When Eliza initially filed suit to have Vernon Presley's estate reopened in probate court, her efforts were opposed by an attorney who said he represented various Presley interests, but Eliza won and the estate was reopened.  This is a separate lawsuit, however, and this time no one has even tried to stand against her.

The Judge is scheduled to rule on the Motion by September 10, 2010.  Because no opposition is expected, Eliza's request will likely be granted and an order should be entered legally recognizing her as the heir to Vernon Presley.

But, of course, being legally recognized as an heir and having proof to show the world that the history books should be rewritten are two different things.  Obtaining the court order will only be one more step in Eliza's journey.  But it will certainly be a big step in her quest to prove she's neither lying nor crazy.

So if you're one of the thousands of fans visiting Graceland today to pay tribute to the late Elvis Presley, take lots of pictures.  This may be the last anniversary that you have a reason to visit the gravesite.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]"You can pray to the angels and they will listen, but the best way to call them,      I am told, is to laugh" Michael Jackson[/size][/b]

September 13, 2010, 01:03:31 PM
Quote from: "angelshadow"
Danke,hatte den selben Gedanken ;)  :lol: danke es zu posten!!!!

Sorry Süsse das ich schon wieder schneller war...... dachte ich mache das mal bevor es vergessen wird :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]"You can pray to the angels and they will listen, but the best way to call them,      I am told, is to laugh" Michael Jackson[/size][/b]

September 13, 2010, 01:20:53 PM
Quote from: "Heartbreaker"
Danke,hatte den selben Gedanken ;)  :lol: danke es zu posten!!!!

Sorry Süsse das ich schon wieder schneller war...... dachte ich mache das mal bevor es vergessen wird :oops:

Ist bestens so :D Du postest alles was hilfreich und interessant ist und dafür danke ich Dir :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 23, 2010, 07:53:22 AM
auch interessantes....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 07, 2010, 04:44:26 PM
Update über Eliza`s Gerichtsverfahren ;)

UPDATED INFO

Postby elizaapresley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:31 am
hi everyone,

below are updated sites/links for myself. also, a link to the latest info about my current court case.

blog:

facebook:

twitter:

myspace:

youtube:

probate blog:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... .html#more

make sure to stop by my blog and cast your vote in the current poll about the court case!

take care,
eliza a presley
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2010, 09:26:25 AM
Danke Heartbreaker
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2010, 09:37:04 AM
Danke Heartbreaker

Hallo angel  :)  Kein Problem !!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 02:02:00 PM
Eliza Presley case on track and moving towards resolution

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... ution.html

Eliza Presley case on track and moving towards resolution
Trying to prove that you are the secret daughter of Vernon Presley, and half-sister to Elvis Presley, is no simple task. It's much more complicated when the DNA proof that demonstrates this also establishes that Elvis Presley is alive.

[If you haven't read my prior articles about the Eliza Presley case, you can click here to catch up.]

If you stop and think about it, the task is so daunting to almost be insurmountable. Eliza Presley and her lawyer are trying to convince a judge to accept evidence and issue an order that would mean what the world believed to be fact, for more than 30 years, was actually fiction.

This mission is the culmination of Eliza's quest which started almost 20 years ago -- when she had no idea that her search to find her biological father would lead her to this.

Eliza has faced roadblocks, delays, complications and many enemies. The reality is that there are people making a lot of money from the fact that Elvis is dead, and they sure don't want that fact to be changed. There are others still who want the truth to come out -- but they want to expose it (and profit from it). None of these people want Eliza's case to interfere with their agendas.

With the long and difficult path Eliza has traveled, there is no telling for certain when she'll reach the end of the road. But it's coming. It could even be as soon as a month away.

Her court case is now set for a Scheduling Conference on December 14, 2010. Scheduling conferences are typically used so attorneys can update courts about the status of the proceedings, set deadlines for preliminary matters to occur, such as the "discovery" deadline (discovery is the process that parties to lawsuits use to uncover relevant information through depositions, subpoenas, etc.) and ultimately get the case ready for trial.

In this case, the Scheduling Conference will be more important than in most cases because it will be the first time that Eliza's attorney is able to personally address the court about the issue of whether Lisa Marie Presley-Lockwood hired the lawyer who is opposing Eliza's lawsuit.

As I detailed in my last article, it appears this lawyer may not actually represent Lisa Marie. In fact, Eliza believes (for good reason) that Lisa Marie doesn't oppose her lawsuit or her quest to expose the truth. Instead, Eliza and her attorney believe that this lawyer, who claims to represent Lisa Marie, isn't being honest about it. If they are correct, it means he had no right to file anything in the case, much less contest Eliza's claim.

To get to the bottom of this, Eliza's lawyer sent him a letter asking for proof that he really does represent Lisa Marie. He hasn't provided anything in response, and instead told Eliza's lawyer that he won't do so.

I also emailed him directly and offered him for a chance to respond to the last article I wrote on this topic. He wrote me back and politely declined to do so, without explanation.

The question of whether he does or does not represent Lisa Marie will be addressed, and quite possibly resolved, at the December 14th Conference. If the Chancellor (which is what judges in Chancery Court in Tennessee are called) determines that Lisa Marie never authorized this lawyer to act on her behalf, then the opposition he filed to Eliza's claims will be stricken and Eliza's claim will proceed to final judgment, unopposed.

But it is also possible that there will be more delays. The Chancellor may not be ready to resolve that issue on the 14th. Or there could be other factors that play into it. For example, a family member of Eliza has a serious illness (which already caused a two-week postponement of the Conference date). That could cause further delays.

Again, Eliza's monumental journey has encountered far too many bumps in the road to expect that it will be smooth at this point.

Unless, of course, the Chancellor throws this lawyer's defense out of court. Then it would just about be time to start rewriting the history books.

Eliza has told me that, despite all the hurdles being placed in her way, she will see this case through to the end. She has the support of her brother and she will only stop if he asks her to do so.

Posted by: Author and probate attorney Andrew W. Mayoras, co-author of Trial & Heirs: Famous Fortune Fights! and co-founder and shareholder of The Center for Probate Litigation and The Center for Elder Law in metro-Detroit, Michigan, which concentrate in probate litigation, estate planning, and elder law.

Posted by Andrew & Danielle Mayoras on November 15, 2010 at 08:39 PM in Celebrities, Elvis Presley, Lawsuits, Musicians | Permalink
Digg This | Save to del.icio.us
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 26, 2010, 10:33:08 AM
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 10, 2011, 10:20:12 AM
Das ist nur ein Test !!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal