Sunglasses
August 12, 2010, 03:20:19 PM
I know it's probably been talked about before, and I know some people are going to say the answer to my question is doubles. Here goes...

Why is MJ wearing sunglasses in a lot of the movie and rehearsals? Like I said, I know some people are going to say it's because it isn't MJ. I believe it is MJ through the whole movie. I haven't seen any real evidence to say other wise. I persoanlly think that he wore them maybe because of the drugs? It's a possibility he wore them to hide that he was under the influence of something? Just asking...

I also read somewhere he covered his eyes for a reason. Something to do with seeing into his soul or people being able to read eyes and he would rather cover them. I might be crazy on this one, but it goes back to "Why does he only wear them some days?" I think it could be he had bad days or nights with the drugs and he had to cover the signs.

Again I could be wrong, of course this is just for discussion...
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

finfin

Re: Sunglasses
August 12, 2010, 04:15:45 PM
I have previously read that Michael wears sunglasses a lot because of uveitis, an eye problem, as a result of the vitiligo he suffered from.  I don't know if this is the reason why he wears sunglasses in This is It, but it is worth considering You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

CC

August 12, 2010, 04:22:49 PM
i think he use glasses, pescription eyeglasses  (like in the trial) and just for "fashion" he didn´t use it during rehearsals, is "coolest" to use sunglasses (maybe with some prescription) :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

August 12, 2010, 04:38:17 PM
They are good points. However he never worse Sunglasses during any performances... just at the opening of Dangerous. So why would he need them now? Plus I think he needed glasses to read only. I never saw him wear them unless he was reading something so why on stage? why certain days only?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 12, 2010, 04:43:08 PM
There is footage from the BAD rehearsals where MJ wore sunglasses back then too...

[youtube:1ledakd9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lj1P7sqof0[/youtube:1ledakd9]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

August 12, 2010, 04:45:05 PM
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
There is footage from the BAD rehearsals where MJ wore sunglasses back then too...

[youtube:2yjxmosh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lj1P7sqof0[/youtube:2yjxmosh]

I LOVE THAT "LOOK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(SIGH)
 :oops:

on theme again... he use prescription glasses outside trial on white outfit, remember???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

ice

August 12, 2010, 07:39:54 PM
because there were doubles
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 13, 2010, 12:01:27 AM
I don't believe in doubles myself...but hey, to each his own. It's possible that MJ wasn't wearing makeup for rehearsals, and so he just wanted to wear the shades because of that. He didn't look like he was wearing make up through  most of it, in my opinion. And when he did seem to be wearing makeup, he wasn't wearing his shades. So that's my take on it. But I agree that it could have been a medical issue too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Sangre

August 13, 2010, 02:08:10 AM
He has said he sometimes feels uncomfortable around people, so maybe he wants to keep a barrier between him and the people. I think he addressed it in "Moonwalk," people even told him to remove the sunglasses because "your fans want to see your eyes."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"No one should judge what I\'ve done with my life. Not unless they\'ve been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." ~ Michael J. (1995)

August 13, 2010, 03:43:07 AM
I had recently bought and watched a video titled "What killed 'The King Of Pop' " and in it they had Navi talking about Michael and he actually stated that one of the shots in TII was NOT Michael for the guy moved differently then Michael and if anyone knew how Michael moved it was him(Navi) for he lived and breathed learning EVERYTHING Michael so I wonder how much truth is in that..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 13, 2010, 11:36:54 AM
I believe it could've been for one or two reasons:

1) Doubles. Yes, I believe he used one or two on occasion.

2) Sleepless nights could have created bags under his eyes, so he used sunglasses to cover them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
June 25, 2009 - The Day I Woke Up

Datroot

August 13, 2010, 11:57:06 AM
Maybe because of the lights.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

August 13, 2010, 12:03:34 PM
I always thought it was because he's very shy, and sunglasses give him some privacy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Serenitys_Dream

August 13, 2010, 12:39:09 PM
Our eyes and the mouth are connected to our feelings and emotions but our eyes are the most expressive feature of our face. We are able to tell a lot about an individual just by looking directly into their eyes. We can tell things about their character, feelings, truthfulness and even health. This is why the saying that "The eyes are the window of the soul" is really the truth. From birth, we look at faces and several studies have shown that we are born with the natural instinct to focus on the face and the eyes, mouth, expressions etc. This is part of the bonding processes but it also is our first form of communication. Lovers also deeply look into one another's eyes as part of that romantic "love" connection; another bond.

Babies are born with a broad idea of what a face is, with the ability to recognize human faces babies and distinguish faces from other objects. If you show an infant a card with a series of random dots and lines on it, versus a card with a simple smiley face on it, the baby will hone in on the smiley face automatically. This is something we don't have to be taught how to do. Its neurologically hardwired into us. This is why infants and mothers/fathers spend a lot of time staring into each others' eyes, its part of the bonding process.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Now imagine, being Michael and the hundreds, thousand, even millions of people, who would be trying to look into his eyes to discern his innermost feelings, to learn as much as the could about him, to see if he felt a romantic connection to them etc.

I would wear sunglasses too, especially if I was shy. It is a way of maintaining some privacy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MashMike

August 13, 2010, 12:48:51 PM
He himself has said in "Moonwalk" that he wore sunglasses and masks because he loved it, according to him wearing them he felt protected, as if he was protecting his privacy, he liked it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal